Unrealistic simulation of quali

In career whenever the human driver goes out in Q1 or Q2 the grid order is very unrealistic. For example in my career Torro rosso are the fastest team by quite a distance, but when i simulate they are suddenly starting 9th and 10th, and the likes of Hamilton, bottas and vettel start at the front when they usally start towards the back end of the top 10

• Agree 1

It was the same in F1 2018, if you are out in Q1 or Q2, game simulates qualification based on original performance level.

So if Ferrari is dead last in performance, in your career, but somehow make P15 in Q1 and you are P18 the grid in race gonna be like Ferrari on pole Mercedes second etc. The same is with tires, doesn't matter if Merc is fastest car, or struggle in midfield they are gonna try to go in Q1 or Q2 on Medium compound cuz that is how they are coded.

Every year is the same, new game, the same unpatched problems, plus new one like broken racing line on wet tires or crazy transfers.

• Agree 2

To be fair the game is not meant to be a nuts and bolts sim of the real thing. It's a visually accurate experience that lets you have a fair amount of fun racing around at high speed using similar rules and regulations as the real thing. Once you start trying play it like a sim that experience suffers somewhat. It's more like a sim-lite deal. Turn off all assists, race in cockpit and turn off hud and MFD completely and just get out there and race is the closest to real life you can get. Engineer will still tell you when to pit which is useful. If you map buttons for ers and fuel mapping you don't really need the MFD or hud. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

To be fair the game is not meant to be a nuts and bolts sim of the real thing. It's a visually accurate experience that lets you have a fair amount of fun racing around at high speed using similar rules and regulations as the real thing. Once you start trying play it like a sim that experience suffers somewhat. It's more like a sim-lite deal. Turn off all assists, race in cockpit and turn off hud and MFD completely and just get out there and race is the closest to real life you can get. Engineer will still tell you when to pit which is useful. If you map buttons for ers and fuel mapping you don't really need the MFD or hud. 

Totally agree with you! Cockpit view, no Hud, just TC because I play without any flashback. I can play without TC but honestly the risk of making a small mistake is so high.

Not sure real F1 cars have absolutely no assist at all. Look at this vidéo at 2:00 Seb’s reaction. For the rest I agree : cockpit view, no hud, blank screen. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGjvs1CFws

Edited by philappleraily

2 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Totally agree with you! Cockpit view, no Hud, just TC because I play without any flashback. I can play without TC but honestly the risk of making a small mistake is so high.

Not sure real F1 cars have absolutely no assist at all. Look at this vidéo at 2:00 Seb’s reaction. For the rest I agree : cockpit view, no hud, blank screen. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGjvs1CFws

The only thing the real cars have is power steering...ABS and TC were outlawed quite some time ago.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

„To be fair“ the Game being sim or not have nothing to do with the topic. Still its the official f1 game and if the results are going that wrong in qualy its just ******** and have to be fixed. 

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 3

For me, the qualifications are much harder than  PP and race.

Observations on 18-Minute-Qualy-Mode :

1.) I was on Pole as the time ran out in Qualy. Just before the end, maybe a tenth of second before the Loading Screen HAM & BOT both pushed me back to 3rd. Both were just on their Outlap as the Time runned out

2.) When i simulate on 15x Speed the AI-Laptimes in Qualy are constantly faster compared to simulate on 1x Speed.

3.) All AI-Drivers had 2 timed Qualy Runs at the end but just ~50% of them really did 2 timed Qualy Runs.

7 hours ago, KiLLu12258 said:

„To be fair“ the Game being sim or not have nothing to do with the topic. Still its the official f1 game and if the results are going that wrong in qualy its just ******** and have to be fixed. 

It has everything to do with the topic. Team speed changes all the time you can't expect anything but a full on sim to try and replicate that. Like I said they get the rules, gfx and driver names right plus use same sessions as the real series. The other teams are randomly getting upgrades as well as you and they improve at different rates. You don't seriously want Hammy and Mercedes dominating every single season do you? Red bull dominated my 2018 season and I was lapping Mercedes cars. 

• Disagree 3

I hope that this bug will finally be fixed. He was in the last game and is still there. 

22 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

It has everything to do with the topic. Team speed changes all the time you can't expect anything but a full on sim to try and replicate that. Like I said they get the rules, gfx and driver names right plus use same sessions as the real series. The other teams are randomly getting upgrades as well as you and they improve at different rates. You don't seriously want Hammy and Mercedes dominating every single season do you? Red bull dominated my 2018 season and I was lapping Mercedes cars. 

Looks like you can't read properly, or simply don't understand what the bug is. And it is definitely a bug.

• Agree 1