F1 2019 Online Weekly Events

I feel CODEMASTERS hit it on the nail with the addition of the weekly online events. From what I see it's a career based weekly event pitting us against each other in a fun and thrilling way. I was surprised by the race length and that we had to make a pit-stop. I thought it was going to be a five lap dash. I was wrong, lol. Now I must get faster and work on my sets even more. I got to get the car where I like it so I can push and not be so worried about it going around on my and such. Driving through lap traffic was a blast and a challenge. Man I can't wait for the next one. I streamed my race and I'm plane on streaming next week event as well. Here's is my race from today. BMSR I enter my first F1 2019 Online Weekly Event

If you've streamed your weekly race please share, along with your thoughts on what can be changed or improved.  

Edited by Striker_703
correction with tag

@Faya Can you please move this subject to the F1 section of the forum? I feel it would do better there. Thanks. 

Edited by Striker_703
  • Disagree 1

This event was both exciting and new and i really liked what Codies did with it! I was expecting it to be more of a scenario, cause it came right after the eventful race in Austria but this was even better! As for the stream, i don't really do those, but i have a video from the last two laps and the podium (i won :D). The race for me was tons of fun. I had a full lobby and i did some nice overtakes after the pitstop (which i think is a nice addition, the 3-5 lap races tend to be to short to make any strategies work). Might have just been lucky with a clean race but I can't wait for the next one! 

Here's my last few laps 

• Agree 1

Congratulations on your first win in the events. I was happy to get third among fast drivers/players. I'm looking forward to the next event as well. I'll be working on my set-ups to get betters times. 

• Thanks 1

The concept of the weekly event is great. 

But the standard of driving is awful, had two attempts punted off track 2-3 times in each and was very lucky not to get collected in other incidents.

i didn’t look at the lobby settings but it looks like ghosting is turned off which is not ideal when you have cars sideways on track all over the place.

I agree with you @JR6492. The standard of driving is awful, but I feel it will clear up soon. It was the first event and everyone had their try at it I believe. Once the drivers/players start to get the idea of this event, we'll start seeing the five lap sprinters start to thin out. I like that the ghosting is turned of. It's you alert even more and it makes you drive. It forces you to want to finish a race. Not only just to get in the points or on the podium. I'm going to turn up the AI for the next event at Silver-stone to see if that effects my points.