Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Understanding F1 2019 Sector Colors when racing F2 Championship

I'm racing the solo F2 championship and can someone please explain the 3 sector colors - purple, red, green.

I can figure out that purple is my personal best for that sector and red & green are slower times.

I've been recording the colors after each lap and then comparing all the lap sector times after the race.

But I can't figure out how green is determined. 

For example, when I look at the lap times for my driver, I'll have a sector time of 21.718 for lap 3 that was listed as red but on lap 7 for the same sector a time 21.976 was green. 

Are those times for only my driver or are they compared to all other drivers in the race.

Thanks 

Red, Slower sector or lap time. Green, New sector or lap time. Purple, Faster sector or lap time.  

I still don't really understand the green.

Here is an example of lap times for Sector 3 in one of my races and the color the sector box was when I crossed the start / finish line:

Lap 1 -> 47.932 
Lap 2 -> 48.138 -> Green (slower than the first lap so why green and not red?)
Lap 3 -> 47.292 -> Purple (fastest time in this sector - makes sense)
Lap 4 -> 48.048 -> Green (again why is this green and not red?)
Lap 5 -> 47.145 -> Purple (new fastest time in this sector - makes sense)

Lap 6 -> 48.005 -> Red (why is this one red when it is actually faster than the 2 green laps?)

The only laps that make sense are the 2 purple ones. 

2 hours ago, TooManyHours said:

I still don't really understand the green.

Here is an example of lap times for Sector 3 in one of my races and the color the sector box was when I crossed the start / finish line:

Lap 1 -> 47.932 
Lap 2 -> 48.138 -> Green (slower than the first lap so why green and not red?)
Lap 3 -> 47.292 -> Purple (fastest time in this sector - makes sense)
Lap 4 -> 48.048 -> Green (again why is this green and not red?)
Lap 5 -> 47.145 -> Purple (new fastest time in this sector - makes sense)

Lap 6 -> 48.005 -> Red (why is this one red when it is actually faster than the 2 green laps?)

The only laps that make sense are the 2 purple ones. 

Lap 1 -> 47.932 
Lap 2 -> 48.138 -> Green (slower than the first lap so why green and not red?)-You went faster in this sector than you previous lap. 
Lap 3 -> 47.292 -> Purple (fastest time in this sector - makes sense)-You went faster or your the fastest in that sector. 'Correct'
Lap 4 -> 48.048 -> Green (again why is this green and not red?)-You went faster in this sector than your previous lap.
Lap 5 -> 47.145 -> Purple (new fastest time in this sector - makes sense)-You went faster or your the fastest in this sector.

Lap 6 -> 48.005 -> Red (why is this one red when it is actually faster than the 2 green laps?)-You went slower than the 'NEW' sector time that was set by you or by the AI driver.