Sign in to follow this  

How do we get Codemasters to ban certain individuals online?

So after carefully reading the rules, I came to the conclusion that no matter how objectively I formulate things, I cannot actually write down a GT on here because it will fall under the 'name and shame' category. I find it a bit odd that this rule exists, since you are basically protecting people ruining the game experience but anyway, I will call them American Flag and Irish Flag.

Since the decline of the online community you tend to race the same drivers more and more. This also triggers the unfortunate effect of having to race the same few persons every now and then who join lobbies, solely to crash out the leaders and others. Is there any way Codemasters can just ban drivers? They are adding nothing to the community, even worse I'm pretty sure they are chasing away people from online racing. I am also aware that a lot of people have filed complaints against these two individuals. (xbox 360) But it does not seem to have any effect at all. I filed a complaint and ticked them as players to avoid, but like mentioned before the community is too small to actually avoid them. They can just join your lobby and there is nothing you can do about it. 

So long story short: can Codemasters do anything about two specific cases of players who solely play this game to take out people? If so, who do we need to contact for that? Can we sign a petition or something? Because I know a lot of drivers who feel the same way. 

I tried my best to stick to the forum rules, but if I somehow still violated any let me know and I will edit the main post.

Send a message to one or the community managers. It worked fine for me as long as you have proof of your query 

A online driver rating system would be a good way to deal with bad drivers.

There's so much friction between players online because the community is so small these days, arguments happen,  people take it as a malicious attack if you make a mistake or even beat somebody. I stopped playing grid because of a team that didn't like to lose but I did nothing but beat them and so did my team. Being called a cheat because you are much better than somebody isn't my idea of a good time either. Never stoop to their level. If they wreck you take it on the chin then just beat them in next race. 

@Mithcell7x Don't worry man you haven't broken any forum rules. You did the right thing not mentioning exact gamertags though. :) 

But @matt231985 please don't include actual gamertags in future posts please. I'll let you off this time.

There's so much friction between players online because the community is so small these days, arguments happen,  people take it as a malicious attack if you make a mistake or even beat somebody. I stopped playing grid because of a team that didn't like to lose but I did nothing but beat them and so did my team. Being called a cheat because you are much better than somebody isn't my idea of a good time either. Never stoop to their level. If they wreck you take it on the chin then just beat them in next race. 

This isn't necessarily a topic about people who occasionally try to take you out when they lose, this is mainly about a handful of drivers who are dedicated to taking people out and don't even care to race properly the least bit. 

For example American Flag has honed his taking out skills so well, that he can actually destroy or puncture my rear tyres if he rams me (probably has something to do with braking at the right time to make sure your car does not ghost). It was not luck, he has done it on a regular basis. Anyway, the best way to go is to contact someone from Codemasters, but with footage? Any names/twitter pages of  Codemaster employees?

FS7 said:
A online driver rating system would be a good way to deal with bad drivers.
In theory...
However, half the people online are idiots! 
Nobody can accept being overtaken, or are willing to yield to good defending.
Just tonight, I had some Belgian guy trying to throw it up the inside at every corner, even taking to the grass instead of taking the outside when I fairly defended the inside line with a single move. Then he sends me a bunch of messages calling me a cheat for blocking him. 

He'd simply give me a bad rating and make me look bad when in reality I was driving by the rules and he had no clue how to attack fairly.
I'm not talking about a report system (terrible idea imo). I'm talking about a system that grades drivers based on their online driving stats (races entered/races completed, total races/clean races, total laps/clean laps, total overtakes/clean overtakes, average number of collisions per minute). Then when creating a lobby you could restrict entry to only players with a driver rating above a certain level. For quick race matchmaking players of similar rating would be grouped together. One might get taken out in the first few times he plays online but if he keeps completing races and tries to race clean eventually he'll be matched up with other clean players while the demolition derby crew will be limited to playing each other and won't be able to join clean lobbies.