Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Career Mode Summary: Season 1

Team: McLaren

Season 1: ✔

Drivers Championship:🥇🏆

Constructors Championship: 

Great Battles: ✔

Season 2: 🔛 

When I started my first Season McLaren was 5th in the Performance table. Before the performance update my team overtook Racing Point in The Performance table and due to the upgrades I had added before the update McLaren moved to 2nd in the table after the performance update. For the first part of the season Merc was dominating while I was finishing 5th, 6th, 7th and for the second part of the season McLaren, Ferrari, and Red Bull caught up and I ended up winning 7 races because I had the best engine & chassis and decent aero. Hamilton was leading the championship up until the last race. This is how the last part of the championship went down

Suzuka: Hamilton won, I ended up 2nd after difficult race, points gap between me and him increased

Mexico: Hamilton 2nd, I won, points gap reduced

USA: I won, Hamilton 4th, points gap reduced

Brazil: I won, Hamilton 5th, points gap reduced

Abu Dhabi: Hamilton 6 points ahead of me before the race, I won, Hamilton retired on lap 44 from 3rd place, I won the championship, McLaren ended up 3rd in the WCC

Mid Season driver transfers were:

Vettel ➡ Red Bull replacing Gasly

Gasly ➡ Ferrari replacing Vettel

Start of Season 2 transfers were:

Vettel ➡ Ferrari replacing Gasly

Gasly ➡ Red Bull replacing Vettel

Lando Norris (My Teammate) has been let go

Verstappen ➡ McLaren replacing Norris

Sainz (the driver I replaced at the start of the season) ➡ Red Bull replacing Verstappen.

Current Performance Table is:

Red Bull 

McLaren 

Ferrari    

Mercedes 

Toro Rosso 

Racing Point 

Haas

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Renault

The regulation changes were only for the Aero. I adapted all of my upgrades for the next season. I bought Aero upgrades for the next season but I didn't get them since I thought regulation changes won't affect them since they would come at the start of next season. As a result I ended up wasting 3.000 Resource Points for nothing. Strangely though both Ferrari and Red Bull brought Aero upgrades for the new season and now Red Bull is miles ahead in Aero. Do regulation changes only affect your team or something?

5 hours ago, AvengerGR35 said:

Team: McLaren

Season 1: ✔

Drivers Championship:🥇🏆

Constructors Championship: 

Great Battles: ✔

Season 2: 🔛 

When I started my first Season McLaren was 5th in the Performance table. Before the performance update my team overtook Racing Point in The Performance table and due to the upgrades I had added before the update McLaren moved to 2nd in the table after the performance update. For the first part of the season Merc was dominating while I was finishing 5th, 6th, 7th and for the second part of the season McLaren, Ferrari, and Red Bull caught up and I ended up winning 7 races because I had the best engine & chassis and decent aero. Hamilton was leading the championship up until the last race. This is how the last part of the championship went down

Suzuka: Hamilton won, I ended up 2nd after difficult race, points gap between me and him increased

Mexico: Hamilton 2nd, I won, points gap reduced

USA: I won, Hamilton 4th, points gap reduced

Brazil: I won, Hamilton 5th, points gap reduced

Abu Dhabi: Hamilton 6 points ahead of me before the race, I won, Hamilton retired on lap 44 from 3rd place, I won the championship, McLaren ended up 3rd in the WCC

Mid Season driver transfers were:

Vettel ➡ Red Bull replacing Gasly

Gasly ➡ Ferrari replacing Vettel

Start of Season 2 transfers were:

Vettel ➡ Ferrari replacing Gasly

Gasly ➡ Red Bull replacing Vettel

Lando Norris (My Teammate) has been let go

Verstappen ➡ McLaren replacing Norris

Sainz (the driver I replaced at the start of the season) ➡ Red Bull replacing Verstappen.

Current Performance Table is:

Red Bull 

McLaren 

Ferrari    

Mercedes 

Toro Rosso 

Racing Point 

Haas

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Renault

The regulation changes were only for the Aero. I adapted all of my upgrades for the next season. I bought Aero upgrades for the next season but I didn't get them since I thought regulation changes won't affect them since they would come at the start of next season. As a result I ended up wasting 3.000 Resource Points for nothing. Strangely though both Ferrari and Red Bull brought Aero upgrades for the new season and now Red Bull is miles ahead in Aero. Do regulation changes only affect your team or something?

Firstly those transfers are ridiculous! Why after half a season would the transfers reset??

Secondly this sounds like an issue that appears to be linked to the transfers. It appears from others' experiences, that when a driver changes teams, the team gets an injection of points and upgrades their cars massively. As both the Red Bull and Ferrari have had 2 transfers they would've got a lot of points to splash about. It's not been confirmed this is the case but seems like the issue based on everybody's accounts of silly R&D progression mixing with transfer history.