Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Information Thread

May I ask why you (as Moderator) put Career under Game Modes? Inside information, or? :tongue: 
I put it as a game mode because I'm I read a few times that there is a career section to the game, I'm sure, so I put it under game modes. If that's later proved wrong then I'll obviously amend it. :)

By the way, I don't have any inside information, I'm simply a forum moderator!
I hope you're right @petetheduck but there is a chance you may be wrong but as you say we need more info on this I think it in terms of clarification seeing as it seems to have confused a lot of people on here. I have to admit though I'm one of them.

May I ask why you (as Moderator) put Career under Game Modes? Inside information, or? :tongue: 
I put it as a game mode because I'm I read a few times that there is a career section to the game, I'm sure, so I put it under game modes. If that's later proved wrong then I'll obviously amend it. :)

By the way, I don't have any inside information, I'm simply a forum moderator!
I hope you're right @petetheduck but there is a chance you may be wrong but as you say we need more info on this I think it in terms of clarification seeing as it seems to have confused a lot of people on here. I have to admit though I'm one of them.
There is a chance, and fair enough. I edited the post and made a note at the bottom saying it's still to be definitely confirmed.

PeteTheDuck, next time when you delete your post check your drafts in profile.
Even if this forum lags like hell it still have some nice futures =)

gor said:
PeteTheDuck, next time when you delete your post check your drafts in profile.
Even if this forum lags like hell it still have some nice futures =)
As it was an edit to an original post it didn't save it as a draft, cos yeah, it would have saved otherwise, but thanks!

PC's have been using 64bit systems/CPU's if they had made F1 just for PC's we could ahve been using a 64bit version a long time ago, but as always consoles hold back the PC side of things.
I doubt that. PS3 and Xbox 360 were both PowerPC machines, so all the i386/PC libraries and executables would have to have been compiled separately anyway. More likely they just wanted to support as wide a range of PCs as they could, for as long as possible.

Nooo, I can't believe it! I went through loads of Twitter feeds (from @formula1game, @Codemasters, justbiglee, LiteralZero, Lee Mather, and the forums, and I accidentally closed the edited post before I submitted it :(
Check your drafts (left hand side menu)

Also in all the other games, it told you the % chance of rain, when it's raining hope it tells the % chance of stopping, if I now this I would wait for a gap in the rain

Thank christ theyve decided to go broadcast, maybe this game will actually look and feel professional instead of fake and childish 

Don't get your hopes up, i bet before you start the game they've given crofty another cringe worthy script to follow

mmpaw37 said:
Thank christ theyve decided to go broadcast, maybe this game will actually look and feel professional instead of fake and childish 

Broadcast doesn't necessarily mean the same as you see on the TV screen. All it states in the information is that it will be 'All-New broadcast style presentation'...

Admittedly, in the old days, F1 games were able to provide near TV like presentations, however in todays world, I think there's the added issue of 'rights'. If Codemasters weren't allowed to do this in previous iterations, then I find it very doubtful that this will be any different...(Albeit an improvement that is).

Codemasters blaming FOM for not using the proper HUD is bollocks. If you're licensed to copy the tracks, cars, and drivers, how could you not be licensed to use the screen graphics? If anything FOM would WANT codies to use it, as it promotes brand awareness.

codie list of excuses includes
- old gen cant handle it
- fom wont allow
- fom dont want game confuse with reality
-  cost too much in licencing
- codies require "different elements"
- game is from "drivers perspective"
- FOM graphics "too intrusive"

cheap flaccid excuses IMO

Yeah people buying into the "license" crap are just fanboys.

No one seemed to realise that in their previous games, you could literally have the wheels fly off the car, when in real life they are tethered on, why would the "license people" allow wheels in the game to go flying off after spending millions in r&d to stop that happening, surely they'd want to promote it.

it's just peoples get out excuse for features that are lacking "hurrr durrr muh license"

edphil1 said:
Will there be split screen for F1 2015?
Would like to see co-op splitscreen but with a full grid

Nooo, I can't believe it! I went through loads of Twitter feeds (from @formula1game, @Codemasters, justbiglee, LiteralZero, Lee Mather, and the forums, and I accidentally closed the edited post before I submitted it :(
Check your drafts (left hand side menu)
I did but there definitely wasn't anything. I'm sure it's because I was editing a post instead of creating a new one. I may be wrong but there definitely wasn't a saved draft.

Is there CO-OP career? I hope so because I drive CO-OP career more than single player career. It makes game better than you can think tactics with you friend.

mmpaw37 said:
Gav25182 said:

Can we have all the practice sessions back please?

Y'know, like real Formula 1.

I hear that!...I am have been playing F1 2010 more than the other titles! ;)

...Now that was a great game Codemasters...

So do I I'm in the middle of a career mode on it atm. Enjoying it immensely had some great battles yesterday on it.

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
Gav25182 said:

Can we have all the practice sessions back please?

Y'know, like real Formula 1.

I hear that!...I am have been playing F1 2010 more than the other titles! ;)

...Now that was a great game Codemasters...

So do I I'm in the middle of a career mode on it atm. Enjoying it immensely had some great battles yesterday on it.

Well, forgive me but, what platform are you using?

I always use PC nowadays, I have a PS4 but actually I only use that for Madden and a few others - other than that its just stuck there! :/...

I'm digressing...Back to 2010...

Yeah, well I am on PC and like I said, I re-installed it a few days ago after switching to Win8.1. I was having a few issues before but I found a solution.

But anyway, I installed it and put the mods what I still had back in - and with a few newer mods, and the game has been an eye opener in comparison to the newer titles!. Everything is so much better...And I ask myself what went wrong???

I really don't understand what possessed them to take the series in the direction it has gone...?. Of course, the visual aspect has improved no doubt, but everything else IMO has deteriorated. However, the only annoyance I have is when you change gear and the delay of that action. Its only minor and you get used to it but, its an annoyance without question, and I have yet to discover a 'fix' for it, as most of the old mods for the game are either removed or are very limited.

Anyway, my point being is that when you are finding that the first title in the series - which will now be in its 6th year - to be the most exciting/ interactive/ enjoyable version to date, then there has been some serious issues within the development team at Codemasters!...Who's to blame...?

Also, I would also like to add my take on the AI in F1 2010...

In comparison to the newer titles, it is my opinion that the AI was 'better' then than it is now!. I had a race at Hockenheim in the Renault as Kubica, and I had the best race I can remember!...The other drivers were constantly trying to pass me - even going side-by-side through corners etc, it was brilliant!

Where has all this gone...?

I own it on PC and PS3 but I mostly play it on PC I do own an XB1 aswell but the only racer I have for that atm is Forza 5 as I bought that and Fifa 14 as my first 2 games for it. I have bought other games since then for it mostly sports but no racers. the only non sports game I have for the XB1 right now is Halo Master chief collection atm. I'm looking to get more though at some point though I think.

If you own a PC, the only reason IMO for buying Xbox or PS4 is for exclusives.

Games on PC are modifiable, run better and are cheaper. What's not to like ?

I do not game on PC at the moment because it is too much of a faff but I have a XB1. If I had a gaming PC as well as the XB1 I would buy everything I could on that. I read somewhere that apparently exclusives don't sell consoles. Well to me they do. To own a PC and XB1 and NOT be interested in Forza and HMCC/Halo doesn't to me make any sort of sense. 

dirt3joe said:

Games on PC are modifiable, run better and are cheaper. What's not to like ?
I do not game on PC at the moment because it is too much of a faff
Question, meet answer.

(Plus, however commonplace they are these days, most people don't want a desktop PC and all the accompanying junk on display in their living room, but are happier to tuck a console under the TV beside the other boxes that are plugged into it.)