Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Information Thread

mmpaw37 said:
dirt3joe said:
If you own a PC, the only reason IMO for buying Xbox or PS4 is for exclusives.

Games on PC are modifiable, run better and are cheaper. What's not to like ?

I do not game on PC at the moment because it is too much of a faff but I have a XB1. If I had a gaming PC as well as the XB1 I would buy everything I could on that. I read somewhere that apparently exclusives don't sell consoles. Well to me they do. To own a PC and XB1 and NOT be interested in Forza and HMCC/Halo doesn't to me make any sort of sense. 

Well, I have both because A. Madden franchise isn't available on PC and B. PC is obviously about modding more than anything.

Like I said before, I purchased a PS4 for one reason really, and that reason was Madden, however it doesn't mean I won't purchase other titles, because I already have.

I do many things with PC which far more than I could ever do with a console, and it makes sense to purchase games for PC as well.

Yeah that's primarily why I have a PC and console too only in my case I chose the XB1 over the PS4 of the new gen mostly because I wanted to finally have a go at Halo given I'd never really played those games aside from 1&2 on the  PC and given 3 and 4 are only available on Xbox it seemed the logical choice. I also thought with the new next gen graphics they've put into the anniversary version of 2 it was definitely worth the risk. Sports games in general Fifa aside only seem to get console releases these days. PGA/NBA and NHL only get console releases as do the tennis games for the most part and I enjoy playing those games as well from time to time which is why for me it's worth having both.

Fortunately I did a PC course at college so I know my way around a PC if I do suffer tech issues anyway so in my case I can get away with it although I do know how tricky it is for some who don't understand the tech as it took me a while to figure it all out as well.

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
Gav25182 said:

Can we have all the practice sessions back please?

Y'know, like real Formula 1.

I hear that!...I am have been playing F1 2010 more than the other titles! ;)

...Now that was a great game Codemasters...

So do I I'm in the middle of a career mode on it atm. Enjoying it immensely had some great battles yesterday on it.

Well, forgive me but, what platform are you using?

I always use PC nowadays, I have a PS4 but actually I only use that for Madden and a few others - other than that its just stuck there! :/...

I'm digressing...Back to 2010...

Yeah, well I am on PC and like I said, I re-installed it a few days ago after switching to Win8.1. I was having a few issues before but I found a solution.

But anyway, I installed it and put the mods what I still had back in - and with a few newer mods, and the game has been an eye opener in comparison to the newer titles!. Everything is so much better...And I ask myself what went wrong???

I really don't understand what possessed them to take the series in the direction it has gone...?. Of course, the visual aspect has improved no doubt, but everything else IMO has deteriorated. However, the only annoyance I have is when you change gear and the delay of that action. Its only minor and you get used to it but, its an annoyance without question, and I have yet to discover a 'fix' for it, as most of the old mods for the game are either removed or are very limited.

Anyway, my point being is that when you are finding that the first title in the series - which will now be in its 6th year - to be the most exciting/ interactive/ enjoyable version to date, then there has been some serious issues within the development team at Codemasters!...Who's to blame...?

Also, I would also like to add my take on the AI in F1 2010...

In comparison to the newer titles, it is my opinion that the AI was 'better' then than it is now!. I had a race at Hockenheim in the Renault as Kubica, and I had the best race I can remember!...The other drivers were constantly trying to pass me - even going side-by-side through corners etc, it was brilliant!

Where has all this gone...?

I own it on PC and PS3 but I mostly play it on PC I do own an XB1 aswell but the only racer I have for that atm is Forza 5 as I bought that and Fifa 14 as my first 2 games for it. I have bought other games since then for it mostly sports but no racers. the only non sports game I have for the XB1 right now is Halo Master chief collection atm. I'm looking to get more though at some point though I think.

To be quite honest, I am not sure as why I really bought the PS4...?

Well...I do, of course it was Madden. I used to play it on the 'old' PS3, but when 15 came out on the Next-Gen PS4, I couldn't resist...and i'm glad I did!

The graphics, gameplay, AI are all leaps and bounds above what the PS3 could do, which obviously makes for a more enjoyable experience! ;). I am without question a PC nerd now - either playing games/simulations, 3D modelling & Graphic design, modding...so on and so forth.

I am really looking forward towards the ne Star Wars Battlefront(Next-Gen) title. Obviously I am purchasing it for PC(mainly due to the many mods available eventually), but also I may purchase it for the PS4...Basically so I can have a quick multiplayer downstairs! LOL...(Everyone look out for the Official reveal between the 17th - 19th April at the Star Wars Celebration event!)

;) :)

Codemasters, this is a simple question, all FREE PRACTICES,  2 on Friday and 1 on Saturday are going to be back or not?

I know that there are a lot of improvements that everybody has been asking for , but IMO if you are bringing all these new features such as tyre performance based on the wheater change, it will not make any sense without the entire Formula 1 weekend.

Thanks

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
dirt3joe said:
If you own a PC, the only reason IMO for buying Xbox or PS4 is for exclusives.

Games on PC are modifiable, run better and are cheaper. What's not to like ?

I do not game on PC at the moment because it is too much of a faff but I have a XB1. If I had a gaming PC as well as the XB1 I would buy everything I could on that. I read somewhere that apparently exclusives don't sell consoles. Well to me they do. To own a PC and XB1 and NOT be interested in Forza and HMCC/Halo doesn't to me make any sort of sense. 

Well, I have both because A. Madden franchise isn't available on PC and B. PC is obviously about modding more than anything.

Like I said before, I purchased a PS4 for one reason really, and that reason was Madden, however it doesn't mean I won't purchase other titles, because I already have.

I do many things with PC which far more than I could ever do with a console, and it makes sense to purchase games for PC as well.

Yeah that's primarily why I have a PC and console too only in my case I chose the XB1 over the PS4 of the new gen mostly because I wanted to finally have a go at Halo given I'd never really played those games aside from 1&2 on the  PC and given 3 and 4 are only available on Xbox it seemed the logical choice. I also thought with the new next gen graphics they've put into the anniversary version of 2 it was definitely worth the risk. Sports games in general Fifa aside only seem to get console releases these days. PGA/NBA and NHL only get console releases as do the tennis games for the most part and I enjoy playing those games as well from time to time which is why for me it's worth having both.

Fortunately I did a PC course at college so I know my way around a PC if I do suffer tech issues anyway so in my case I can get away with it although I do know how tricky it is for some who don't understand the tech as it took me a while to figure it all out as well.

Well I use PC's nearly every minute of the day really, if not for work(right now! LOL), then for personal use. I have done many modding for many different titles I own, not just the F1 series from CM.

so do I really now but mostly for gaming as I don't have a job and being disabled as I am it's hard for me to get one  but still I do enjoy my games and that's the most important thing in these instances. I grew up with computers had the Amstrad CPC 464 as my first machine even programmed a couple of games for that. Graduated eventually over to the Commodore Amiga 500+ then eventually onto the first Pentium machines that they did along with Windows 95. It took me a while to figure them out but I did learn and worked hard at it. In fact I never really used a console properly until the PS1 came along.  I did have a portable one in the Sega Game Gear which I used to play an awful lot at school during any spare time I had and got really good at the Sonic games in fact beat Sonic 1 once without losing a single life which is probably my best achievement on the game. Not so good at that now though but I don't play Sonic as much as I used to although I do have those games on PC now as I found them in a Sonic pack.I mostly bought the pack out of nostalgia really as they're still fun games to play even if they do show their age now. 

I don't usually do any modding although I do  download some mods for games like a grip mod for F1 2013. Recently downloaded a hairstyle mod for the first Dragon Age game Origins to add a few more hairstyle options but haven't looked at it yet was thinking about it for my next run though. I don't download many as I usually prefer to leave the games as they are and a lot of them I've not been able to get working properly either so abandoned the idea in the end it's still good fun though.

mmpaw37 said:

Well everyone...

This is I guess the 'Official' information thread on the game so i'll give you a bit - seeing as though Codemasters' themselves can't be bothered to inform us so...

Apparently, according to @TheLeeMather, he mentions on his Twitter page that the press had a event recently so we should be hearing 'feedback' from them later this week.

Can someone - such as yourself @justbiglee, explain why it is we have to hear what the 'press' have to say, when really it should be CM to inform us...?. I honestly thought things would be different in regards to 2015 and your promises about this forum getting the respect it deserves...obviously I was wrong! ):

I'm guessing the suits at CM prefer to work through the press. At least we should here something this week though.

PauloRic said:

Codemasters, this is a simple question, all FREE PRACTICES,  2 on Friday and 1 on Saturday are going to be back or not?

I know that there are a lot of improvements that everybody has been asking for , but IMO if you are bringing all these new features such as tyre performance based on the wheater change, it will not make any sense without the entire Formula 1 weekend.

Thanks
This is the only reason I did not buy any cm f1 games after 2011. If they bring them back, then I'll be back!

PauloRic said:

Thanks
This is the only reason I did not buy any cm f1 games after 2011. If they bring them back, then I'll be back!

It would be a pathetic joke if CM dropped the career mode to focus more on realism, but still wouldn't bring back all FP's. On the other hand, I still wouldn't be suprised...

Surely the Pro season mode is going to feature all practice sessions? I can't see any other reason for having two 'career' modes than to make one a watered-down version of the real thing. Which is fine, as long as the option also exists to do a full weekend (and it isn't completely ignored in QA testing leaving it bugged beyond repair, of course).

PauloRic said:

Thanks

It would be a pathetic joke if CM dropped the career mode to focus more on realism, but still wouldn't bring back all FP's. On the other hand, I still wouldn't be suprised...
I agree on not be supprised with CM, but that is their chance to correct this big mistake, now they can bring all FP's adding some development to be done if they are going to dropped career mode and bringing the "Very challenging Pro Season Mode".

mmpaw37 said:
Araqiel said:
Surely the Pro season mode is going to feature all practice sessions? I can't see any other reason for having two 'career' modes than to make one a watered-down version of the real thing. Which is fine, as long as the option also exists to do a full weekend (and it isn't completely ignored in QA testing leaving it bugged beyond repair, of course).

I'll go out on a limb here...

I am going to say that ALL the practice sessions will be in this year, as I think CM have had enough requests for it...they can't keep ignoring it...it's what the fans want CM! ;)

You're optimistic! I think the fact the fans want it is one reason I believe they won't put it in.

Gav25182 said:
mmpaw37 said:
Araqiel said:

I'll go out on a limb here...

I am going to say that ALL the practice sessions will be in this year, as I think CM have had enough requests for it...they can't keep ignoring it...it's what the fans want CM! ;)

You're optimistic! I think the fact the fans want it is one reason I believe they won't put it in.

All practice sessions are in lol

Sup guys! So obviously a load of new articles and some nice new screenshots today. I've been through a couple of articles and updated the first few posts, and I've included the five new screenshots, as well as the game cover art.

I've got a few more articles to go through and I'll update it where possible.

By the way, I'm only going to look at the most trusted websites for information to include in this thread, as I want to make sure this is all reliable stuff. So I won't be using any dodgy sites, nor foreign ones, just to be sure for now.

EDIT: And the minute I post this, Lee's uploaded a blog post with some of the best articles! I'll go through them all later and update the thread.

mmpaw37 said:

I knew it!...LOL

Those Jedi powers of mine must be shining through! ;)

"That’s not quite as interesting as the new Pro Season mode, however, which will offer a dedicated challenge for the most ardent of racing fans. Though you can naturally achieve the same effect on your own, it codifies the stripping away of all the game’s assists, lets you race only from the first person view point, and gives you the full race weekend of three practice sessions, qualifying and a full length race..."

Yay! ^_^

Surprised Fernando Alonso made It for the cover this year particularly..

Sup guys! So obviously a load of new articles and some nice new screenshots today. I've been through a couple of articles and updated the first few posts, and I've included the five new screenshots, as well as the game cover art.

By the way, I'm only going to look at the most trusted websites for information to include in this thread, as I want to make sure this is all reliable stuff. So I won't be using any dodgy sites, nor foreign ones, just to be sure for now.

EDIT: And the minute I post this, Lee's uploaded a blog post with some of the best articles! I'll go through them all later and update the thread.
I put that together yesterday afternoon :wink: 

You're welcome!  :p :smiley:

Thats great and all but ahow about some real updates? Whats going on with formation lap? Bugs... are they fixed or have they been carried over to next gen? Safety Car... does it come out properly now? If bugs are in the game... how do you plan to fix them... or will you abandon the game? Has Coop mode been scrapped?

Zombie said:

Thats great and all but ahow about some real updates? Whats going on with formation lap? Bugs... are they fixed or have they been carried over to next gen? Safety Car... does it come out properly now? If bugs are in the game... how do you plan to fix them... or will you abandon the game? Has Coop mode been scrapped?

More info will be coming in the next few weeks. I can understand the want for more, but I have nothing to give you right not, unfortunately. 

All I ask is that you remain patient with everything, we have a lot going on at the moment so things like this take time to get sorted. Hope you understand :smiley: 

Zombie said:

More info will be coming in the next few weeks. I can understand the want for more, but I have nothing to give you right not, unfortunately. 

All I ask is that you remain patient with everything, we have a lot going on at the moment so things like this take time to get sorted. Hope you understand :smiley: 

Understood... I understand you can't say more. But i gotta say it is a turn off for many customers.

Is that so?, well, with the game being released in a couple of months only that definitely sounds like we are making same mistakes again?

hola said:
He is incredibly marketable driver, nothing surprising. The drivers with the biggest fanbases would always be the favorites to be on the cover. 

VDV23 said:
hola said:
He is incredibly marketable driver, nothing surprising. The drivers with the biggest fanbases would always be the favorites to be on the cover. 

LOL I think the cover work sucks... but thats because im not a Lewis fan one bit.

Cover makes me want to vomit.   I'm really not a Hammy fan at all.  ughh