2019 lap times v previous years

I'm not convinced the F12019 cars are as quick as they should be... anyone else have this feeling??? I didn't have the 2018 game but here are some comparable times:

Australia

My best TT time F12017 1.22.748 -------- Actual pole time 1.22.188

My best TT time F12019 1.23.671 -------- Actual pole time 1.20.486

Bahrain

My best TT time F12017 1.29.262 -------- Actual pole time 1.28.769

My best TT time F12019 1.30.196 -------- Actual pole time 1.27.886

Spain

My best TT time F12017 1.19.695 -------- Actual pole time 1.19.141

My best TT time F12019 1.20.927 -------- Actual pole time 1.15.506

Monaco

My best TT time F12017 1.12.054 -------- Actual pole time 1.12.178

My best TT time F12019 1.12.287 -------- Actual pole time 1.10.240

So, I'm not the world's fastest sim driver by any means, but I'm pretty respectable, top 1/3 on the leaderboards. Now, allowing for the fact I haven't had the F12019 long, I can probably find 1 sec per lap per track, but I have done thousands of laps on codemasters games over the years so am pretty familiar and I am convinced the F12019 cars are clearly too slow compared to the F12017 cars and present day RL times.

The pace of the F12019 car in Spain is ridiculously slow compared to RL. These cars have got another 100hp compared to 2017 and I'm just not feeling that, especially at the top end in 6th 7th and 8th gears they're guttless, like I've lost 100hp. And as for downforce, these cars don't seem to be as quick through fast corners, definitely not as quick through T1/2 or Campsa... which is the opposite to what should be true, since they widened the wings in 2018. Ok they simplified the front wings for this year but telemetry doesn't lie, they ARE quicker in fast corners in RL and as for overall laptime, pole this year was a 15.5... I'm now over 5 seconds off where I used to be 0.5 off. 

I could give you all my times for every track and the picture is crystal clear. I think these cars need another 10% hp and more high speed downforce compared to RL.

Anyone else agree? 

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

I don't understand your point really. The game has never been a simulation so F1 2017 wasn't accurate anyway. so comparing lap times between different games which have never being realistic isn't really a good idea. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

Let me explain. F1 changes regulations from time to time and cars and engines develop more performance as you probably know . The current 2019 cars are amongst the fastest monsters there have ever been in F1. WAY faster than 2016 cars for example, SIX AND A HALF SECONDS to be precise (in Spain). I was really looking forwards to getting my hands on the 2019 game for the extra power and downforce they now produce (these are telemetry facts). 

The best times I was able to do in F12015, 16 and 18 were all within 1 second of the RL pole times. 

In F12019 I am between 3 and 5 seconds away.

Clearly F12019 is less accurate/realistic than previous years. Can you not appreciate that is disappointing to have purchased the latest game only to discover the car performance is worse than it was 2 years ago yet the cars RL cars have evolved through regulation changes and development and are now much faster?

Let's not overcomplicate the arguement. These cars are slower than they should be. They've got it pretty much spot on before so they've dropped a bollock.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Understood your point, but first of all you have to compare the fastest time trial times (not your time) to the real life times. Maybe you are not accustomed enough to the new handling model and more understeer. I have seen times for spain around 1:19. Second as i said in another thread the car performance based on the pre season data. With the regulation changes prior to 2019 season even the experts thought that the cars would be slower this year, but the teams found enough room for improvements again.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

Understood your point, but first of all you have to compare the fastest time trial times (not your time) to the real life times. Maybe you are not accustomed enough to the new handling model and more understeer. I have seen times for spain around 1:19. Second as i said in another thread the car performance based on the pre season data. With the regulation changes prior to 2019 season even the experts thought that the cars would be slower this year, but the teams found enough room for improvements again.

Good points but I think the issue here is that on the same tracks with the newer cars @Rinehart27 is definitely slower than he was with earlier cars when the cars themselves are definitely faster as there is almost a new track record set every race these days in qualifying. Regardless of his own relative skills to top TT drivers he should be able to do better times after a little tweaking. Maybe it's a setup issue but if so surely the cars should be better tuned in their default settings as we don't get the benefit of a dedicated team setting the cars up for us.

There is no point making the cars realistically faster like in real life if they are so much harder to actually drive faster. 

• Agree 1

The tracks aren't laser scanned so its impossible to tell whether the times are because of the tracks being not accurate or whether the cars are just too slow.

Posted (edited)

Fun fact, the fastest guys in Time Trial are at least a second down to real life pole laptimes in many tracks, despite Time Trial offering the following:

-Perfect Track and Car Conditions 

-No Tyre Wear

-No Fuel Consumption

-Infinite ERS Mode 5 Hotlap 

-Infinite Fuel Mix 4 Party Mode

If at all, the fastest guys on Time Trial should be at least 2 - 3 seconds faster than real life due to the unrealistic "Perfect Conditions" in all aspects in Time Trial Mode.

Cars are definitely way slower than real life in F1 2019.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Arent the cars still with 2018 numbers? I think I've read it somewhere, that CM is preparing a future update to put the 2019 values.

1 hour ago, David Greco said:

You can do that by adding damper in the FFB.

The cars will also be updated with more downforce with a sports update.

Appparently David Greco confirmed that the cars will get more downforce in one of the next updates.

• Disagree 1

Again you can't compare it to 2017 game. The game has different physics and 2017 wasn't even close to being realistic. Using it as a base means nothing. The tracks are not the right length or right size as they are not laser scanned. Saying the cars are wrong because it's not as fast as 2017 is ridiculous.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Dunky1980 said:

Again you can't compare it to 2017 game. The game has different physics and 2017 wasn't even close to being realistic. Using it as a base means nothing. The tracks are not the right length or right size as they are not laser scanned. Saying the cars are wrong because it's not as fast as 2017 is ridiculous.

According to Lee Mather (in one of the livestreams on YouTube) the French GP, Paul Ricard, got "Lidar" scanned (it's a less detailed laserscan in laymans terms), but sadly he did not confirm what other tracks were scanned this way as well on the whole race calendar.

Transparency...

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Disagree 1

Hopefully the performance patch will improve the times.

But it doesn't seem like we're getting it anytime soon.

On 7/8/2019 at 2:07 PM, Akkan74 said:

This is my point, A 1.19 for Spain is nowhere near the 1.15 Bottas did in qualifying this year. I don't know how to explain this any clearer; regardless of talking my best times or the leading leaderboard times or the AI times into consideration, the picture is exactly the same... in previous years they've managed to get the ultimate pace of the cars pretty damn accurate against RL times, but for F12019 they've dropped the ball and are considerably off. 

Another poster has offered a logical explanation for this which is that in RL they expected the new regulations to make the cars slower this year but that hasn't transpired to be the case and so there will be a performance patch for the game coming which will bring the ultimate speeds more inline with RL. 

Hope they do because it's pretty underwhelming driving a 2019 spec car with 2016 pace! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

@Rinehart27 I don't think you need to be any clearer mate. I still find it amazing how so many people have been saying wow the cars are SO much more realistic this year and handle much better while at the same time everyone is struggling with huge understeer and posting very slow lap times! In fact all the twitch streamers I watched after release doing career have all quit the game already and playing  other racers or not even racing at all. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

OK the 1.5 patch has definitely helped. I need to go and set TT times again but on career it looks to be worth a couple of seconds per lap. If I can get within 1 sec of RL I'll be happy. Spain and one or two others might remain a challenge!