Sign in to follow this  

LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE,

Posted (edited)

Add virtual mirror, spotter, what ever other assits are avaible, to help new players into the game, cause after all that is what assits where designed for, not to be used by people who have been playing for X amount of years, to work out which ones give a advantage and use them all the time, it has to be said,
Make all assits inc visual assits which are assits ( TV Pod, Proximinty Arrows to many to list ) YouTubers edits with titles "No Assits" REALLY ? :classic_rolleyes:, avaible to be forced off by host, every host can choose excalty how they want the event to run, more lobbys, more choice, more racing, more people online, which is what Codemasters want YES ?,
Make the list of assits, viausl aids ( Assists ) avaible to view via the lobby ( which currently I think is only event , damage, performance, ghosting etc ) ( currently alot unranked lobbys running full damage but allow ghosting ? makes sence to some am sure ), for which assists, visual aids ( assists ) are on or off like it is in project cars, players can see excalty what restrictions are before they join, happy players, 
Which currently you cant see, people join, spin off at turn one cause they didn't realise some assit was off, quite the lobby not only waisting thier time, but also the hosts time, removing any AI and AI isnt replaced, messing up the event cause the grid has changed,

Mission Win Now, Everybody's Happy, and no one can say thier being forced to race how they dont want to, unlike some of the current requests to ban one thing or another cause it gives a advantage, lets get real, they all give a advantage to some degree you just dont want to admit it, cause the majority its just become the norm, and is now labelled as no assist racing, with many boasting on the forums,

Oh yea am a no assits racer, 105% AI regular top 10 on leader boards :classic_rolleyes:🤣, theirs a name for that, Self Pro Claimed "Pro"  

Codemasters option are needed to allow ike minded players to race togher, currently online in a public lobby depending on your preference's is not a option,

Thankyou for your time, you know it makes sence.

@RedDevilKT

Edited by BluntRS
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8

Silence speaks a billion word's, 

You complain about online, but do nothing to support change, Enjoy the carnage.

• Like 1

It's more that people realize how much nonsense is dribbling out of your mouth and refusing to give you and your ego any attention.

• Agree 1

There are a lot of topics about online already bro

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Coffer said:

It's more that people realize how much nonsense is dribbling out of your mouth and refusing to give you and your ego any attention.

Thankyou for your contribution to the thread,

Edited by BluntRS

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

There are a lot of topics about online already bro

Yes thier is a lot of topics about online, but none are the same as this one,

Most are asking for things to be banned to discourage new players, am asking for assists to be added, to encourage new players, just with options to force them off.

Edited by BluntRS

3 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Yes thier is a lot of topics about online, but none are the same as this one.

Most of your comments are about this matter. It feels a bit like you are a bit offended that no one jump on the bandwagon.

38 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Most of your comments are about this matter. It feels a bit like you are a bit offended that no one jump on the bandwagon.

Comments and threads are different, 

Your entitled to your opinion, but offended Nah no reason to be, I enjoy racing with like minded players on a regular basis, although small numbers and would be nice to meet more, but its not gonna ruin my day if I dont.

Players like you want to discourage new players, encouraging new players to improve online, ultimately ruining online which from the amount of complaints increasing each year, online is getting worse and more quite feel free,

As above I got opinions to race with other players and very happy, so if public online improves or not, not my lose, once am in a position to get a gaming PC and codemasters still refuse to improve online ill shall move on and forget about F1 series and look for suitable titles which cater for all players.

Posted (edited)

Agreed on TV Pod.  It absolutely is an assist like any other assist. It's fine, it should just be listed that way. Stuff like that makes this much closer to the Forza side of things. Great for Codemasters, but not great for sim racers wanting some semblance of realism.

It would make entirely too much sense to have this stuff shown at lobby.

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm with you bro, something has to be done, cant ever find a 25% race online which is all I ever drive, so what am i paying for. Game is so dead already. @BluntRS

Edited by PureDriving
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Coffer said:

The reason the thread was quite wouldn't have to do with the fact the game is dead, would it?

Everyone's gone over to Rocket League bro, the OP is talking absolute sence. Online lobbies are empty most of the time, go check for yourself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coffer said:

In 2018 he did drive me crazy. But for now he is on point! He acknowledged or growing in better and constructive opinion.

So what you are responding on him is the reason I don't respond. I don't have anything to say on it. I don't race online.

But responding now only to say that you literally have nothing to say any good like always. Go back in you're black hole please.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Agreed on TV Pod.  It absolutely is an assist like any other assist. It's fine, it should just be listed that way. Stuff like that makes this much closer to the Forza side of things. Great for Codemasters, but not great for sim racers wanting some semblance of realism.

It would make entirely too much sense to have this stuff shown at lobby.

What confuses me is you can force cockpit on Dirt,

5 hours ago, PureDriving said:

I'm with you bro, something has to be done, cant ever find a 25% race online which is all I ever drive, so what am i paying for. Game is so dead already. @BluntRS

For what reason I dont know, but it seems online has copied the forza style, no practise, 5laps race, next track, players seem to want quantity not quality, 

Codemasters quote  loading screen,

ASSISTS,

As you progress, why not try disabling or reducing some of your assists? This will provide a more challenging, but more realistic F1 experience,

@Hoo @Faya 

If I did use assists I would feel no incentive or encouragement in game to even try the above, well apart from a little message bottom left corner that pops up for like a split second, which I had to record cause I wasnt fast enough to read it all in the time.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BluntRS said:

What confuses me is you can force cockpit on Dirt.

You can force cockpit in Project Cars 2. I'm not to sure about Assetto Corsa though. Everyone has very good valid points, though I must agree with @BluntRS. There should be away and we way to differentiate those drivers/players. I'm not sure having lobbies that cater to assists or non-assists. It would cut the pool of people in lobbies. Granted some of the fastest drivers/players use assists. Currently 57 out of 200 of the fastest drivers/players from the last weekly event are using one if not all the assists including driving from the T-Cam. In career mode there's a points bracket for using assists. We have the option of running assists or not. Pending on how many of those assists are active or not reflects on how many points we lose from that bracket. Now if the same concept could be applied to the ranked lobbies I believe we'll see a change in driving and how we're matched. For example there's a points bracket of 10,000 atop of what points we gain or lose in the race in ranked lobbies. If we use any type of assists including changing the view away from the cockpit we lose points from that bracket. Say we lose them as follows. I'm not sure if it will ever happen, and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like the idea. But I'm sure it would get people to really pay attention to what they're doing and are willing to learn more to get faster. Yes granted people are playing the ranked lobbies just for fun and without a care how their driving is due to them running those options. The one assist that really bits at times is the traction control. Especially on the start and coming out of turns. Yeah Yeah. Some of you will say get better or get faster. I'm lighting up the tires on the starts no matter what gear I'm in and the others just PULL away because their running traction control or they have the Fanatec F1 wheel with the bite-point. Or a driver/player shots out of a turn when I'm less that a car length behind them and they gain three cars on me pending on the track. Now that really is really silly.

But in all, if you must us assist then you have a handy-cap. As some of you have stated, yes the assists will help people get better but it also makes the reckless in the way they drive. They'll throw the car into a turn and it will be fine. That's not getting better.      

T-Cam -5,000

Braking Assist -625

Anti-Lock Brakes-625

Traction Control-625

Driving line-625

Gearbox-625

Pit Assist-625

Pit Release Assist-625

Edited by Striker_703
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@Striker_703 Very nice post, 

With points currently dont know how they work, ive never done Ranked, but agree the game should reward you imo,

I allways thought Ranked should have different tiers etc, from new player with all assists / visual aids allowed, upto I dunno Pro or Elite lobby, what ever the right name is, that allows no assists or visual aids, 

2020 really should all be about making things optional. Not only multiplayer but every where in the game.  Like how driver transfers work, how pitstops are being executed, difficulty per track, per session,  ... They really should look into giving the  player much more options overall.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I'm not sure having lobbies that cater to assists or non-assists. It would cut the pool of people in lobbies.

Good point. The flip side is it likely would increase the likelyhood of non assist users going into public lobbies more often.

Imagine if real F1 drivers had a way to sit several feet higher than where they do, while having no adverse effects. 

Not a huge deal, but it really sucks there are only 2 sim options for consoles. 

• Agree 3

@CODEMASTERTROEP must do something about the RANKED lobbies. SEPARATE THE PLAYERS/DRIVERS THAT RUN ASSIST AND DON'T. I decided to get in a few races before work and every race I was ran off track, pushed through a turn and got penalized or wrecked because a driver/player wanted the position. The level of aggression of the player/drivers that run assist is on a new level. There should be different levels of ranked lobbies. Rookie- full assist, Amateur, Racer, Sim-Pro, Pro and Elite.     

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

@CODEMASTERTROEP must do something about the RANKED lobbies. SEPARATE THE PLAYERS/DRIVERS THAT RUN ASSIST AND DON'T. I decided to get in a few races before work and every race I was ran off track, pushed through a turn and got penalized or wrecked because a driver/player wanted the position. The level of aggression of the player/drivers that run assist is on a new level. There should be different levels of ranked lobbies. Rookie- full assist, Amateur, Racer, Sim-Pro, Pro and Elite.     

Even just one lobby with no assists, no brake line, forced cockpit, and sim damage/tires/fuel while at least 25% race length would make a Massive difference. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Even just one lobby with no assists, no brake line, forced cockpit, and sim damage/tires/fuel while at least 25% race length would make a Massive difference. 

I'm going to look through the forum to see if there's a subject on the ranked lobbies. This needs and must be discussed more but not here. @BluntRS started this thread to talk about assist and a few discussions wondered into changing the ranked lobbies. 

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

He IS talking about Lobbies lol 

"...(assists) avaible to be forced off by host, every host can choose excalty how they want the event to run, more lobbys, more choice, more racing, more people online, which is what Codemasters want YES ?,"

Edited by DaleRossi

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I'm going to look through the forum to see if there's a subject on the ranked lobbies. This needs and must be discussed more but not here. @BluntRS started this thread to talk about assist and a few discussions wondered into changing the ranked lobbies. 

(Sorry for double post, no Delete option apparently)

Edited by DaleRossi

Most assists can be forced off if you are the host. Cant remember if brake line is one, but cockpit definitely is not. That seems like an obvious one they missed. Hell, Forza had that years ago.  In open wheel F1, it makes a lot more sense. 

33 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Most assists can be forced off if you are the host. Cant remember if brake line is one, but cockpit definitely is not. That seems like an obvious one they missed. Hell, Forza had that years ago.  In open wheel F1, it makes a lot more sense. 

Depends what you class as assits, the ones the games see's as assists yes, but theirs a lot that are assits like visual aids which aren't on the list, hence why thier so many players saying thier no assist players.

35 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Depends what you class as assits, the ones the games see's as assists yes, but theirs a lot that are assits like visual aids which aren't on the list, hence why thier so many players saying thier no assist players.

Agreed. It's all semantics, I guess. There just needs to be a Sim mode. No assists means no assists..no brake line, no camera other than cockpit, no friggin TCS, or anything else. 

What bugs me is fast players will be fast regardless, but seeing no assists and then brake line and/or TV Pod.

Stupid question, but are Ranked lobbies all random tracks?  I have a tough enough time on the tracks I do know. If it is one I don't, then forget it.lol