Sign in to follow this  

LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE,

9 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Agreed. It's all semantics, I guess. There just needs to be a Sim mode. No assists means no assists..no brake line, no camera other than cockpit, no friggin TCS, or anything else. 

What bugs me is fast players will be fast regardless, but seeing no assists and then brake line and/or TV Pod.

Stupid question, but are Ranked lobbies all random tracks?  I have a tough enough time on the tracks I do know. If it is one I don't, then forget it.lol

Some will be fast no matter what, but others are fast due to what they use, take that away and lap times disappear faster then a Williams in qualifying ( Sadly as I love that team )

I think Ranked is baised on a voting system, no practise one shot quali, all assits allowed, 5lap race but I think you can choose length am not sure, ive never entered one due to the settings, so only seen them Youtube, sorry.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Question, but are Ranked lobbies all random tracks?  I have a tough enough time on the tracks I do know. If it is one I don't, then forget it.lol

The track are random in the ranked lobbies. You have a pick of four track to vote on. There's also 25% length races @BluntRS 

Edited by Striker_703
  • Like 1

Ok, thank you.

Wait, assists are allowed in Ranked also? I must have missed that. Screw that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Ok, thank you.

🤣

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

Ok, thank you.

Yes. But wait. I'm going to be starting a thread on my adventure in the weekly events. 

• Haha 1

IN FAQ's Fays Replay

Items like forced camera, proximity arrows off, cockpit only leagues 
Force cockpit and force proximity arrows off are not settings included in F1® 2019. With the inclusion of the new Leagues system in ’19, the possibility now exists for more consistent competitive spaces in multiplayer, and we’ll be following player feedback carefully in this area when deciding how best to expand the options here in the future.

Some want these options, the time has come to speak out, and the time is now, Codemasters is listening to feedback, enough support mybe, just mybe, F1 2019 itll happen,

Like Princess Leia I HAVE HOPE.

• Like 1

I`m Sure they will eventually bring more Options to the Online Leagues Side, especially the Private Leagues.

But the Ranked Lobby`s , I`m not holding my Breath there that they will make changes 

Online is online, not everyone has enough friends that are committed enough to start a league,

If its added to league it should be added to atleast unranked, ranked from the reviews or complaints seems a lost cause, which it wouldnt surprise me if it was scraped.

Is there not an option to force assists Off if you're a lobby host? I looked yesterday and couldn't find them. Hopefully I'm just an idiot and couldn't see them. If not, that is an incredible oversight.

4 hours ago, BluntRS said:

Online is online, not everyone has enough friends that are committed enough to start a league,

If its added to league it should be added to atleast unranked, ranked from the reviews or complaints seems a lost cause, which it wouldnt surprise me if it was scraped.

My problem is people I can race with are in entirely different time zones. Like, a 7 hour difference. Still, it is even tougher to commit to certain times. 

Just one lobby with 50% race length or at least 25% with Full Sim everything wouldnt kill CM.  I imagine it would be pretty popular. Maybe make it dedicated to a certain track and rotate it every week or so. At least that will give people time to learn the track rather than crossing your fingers it is a track you know. 

7 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Is there not an option to force assists Off if you're a lobby host? I looked yesterday and couldn't find them. Hopefully I'm just an idiot and couldn't see them. If not, that is an incredible oversight.

In the host setting under assist restrictions you can turn off all assist. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Some but not all, depends what you class as a assist.

46 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

My problem is people I can race with are in entirely different time zones. Like, a 7 hour difference. Still, it is even tougher to commit to certain times. 

Just one lobby with 50% race length or at least 25% with Full Sim everything wouldnt kill CM.  I imagine it would be pretty popular. Maybe make it dedicated to a certain track and rotate it every week or so. At least that will give people time to learn the track rather than crossing your fingers it is a track you know. 

I know excalty what you mean, lad a race is 7hrs difference,

Your right and in reality ( I dont know myself ) but its only adding what is thier already to another list that is already thier, no one is forcing anyone to race how they dont to, so personally I dont see issue,

its not like major reconstruction surgery like some requests,  Whole new pit lane in France,which took just a few weeks to agree to being added shortly

Been waiting for 18months for visible lolly pop lights during a F1 pitstop 🤢  F1 2018 sorry we havent got time, F1 2019 in development for 2years, we wont be changing the lolly pop lights, however weve added a light on the dash,

Majority request vs minority request,

Lee Mathers says they listen to all players, you decide.

Edited by BluntRS

On 7/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, BluntRS said:

Add virtual mirror, spotter, what ever other assits are avaible, to help new players into the game, cause after all that is what assits where designed for, not to be used by people who have been playing for X amount of years, to work out which ones give a advantage and use them all the time, it has to be said,
Make all assits inc visual assits which are assits ( TV Pod, Proximinty Arrows to many to list ) YouTubers edits with titles "No Assits" REALLY ? :classic_rolleyes:, avaible to be forced off by host, every host can choose excalty how they want the event to run, more lobbys, more choice, more racing, more people online, which is what Codemasters want YES ?,
Make the list of assits, viausl aids ( Assists ) avaible to view via the lobby ( which currently I think is only event , damage, performance, ghosting etc ) ( currently alot unranked lobbys running full damage but allow ghosting ? makes sence to some am sure ), for which assists, visual aids ( assists ) are on or off like it is in project cars, players can see excalty what restrictions are before they join, happy players, 
Which currently you cant see, people join, spin off at turn one cause they didn't realise some assit was off, quite the lobby not only waisting thier time, but also the hosts time, removing any AI and AI isnt replaced, messing up the event cause the grid has changed,

Mission Win Now, Everybody's Happy, and no one can say thier being forced to race how they dont want to, unlike some of the current requests to ban one thing or another cause it gives a advantage, lets get real, they all give a advantage to some degree you just dont want to admit it, cause the majority its just become the norm, and is now labelled as no assist racing, with many boasting on the forums,

Oh yea am a no assits racer, 105% AI regular top 10 on leader boards :classic_rolleyes:🤣, theirs a name for that, Self Pro Claimed "Pro"  

Codemasters option are needed to allow ike minded players to race togher, currently online in a public lobby depending on your preference's is not a option,

Thankyou for your time, you know it makes sence.

@RedDevilKT

@martbloke

Ill break it down for you cause am nice!, Options are optional for the player to choose, Let The Players Decide how they wish to play,

Posted (edited)

Codemasters is multiplayer getting fixed this year, or you just concentrating on tweaking AI every month based on player feedback,

Concidering everyone has different tunes / driving styles, kinda seems worth while :classic_rolleyes:

FYI I run no assists but assits and AI 110% but thier to fast, what would you recommened ? online you can simple activate the secret assist PUASE MENU, offline no such assist avaible.

Edited by BluntRS

Codemasters, Sales for F1 2020 are counting on this, feel free to keep ignoring the issue, its not my bank acc that will suffer. infect the exact opposite, Ba da Cha!

Posted (edited)

I don't agree with @BluntRS on many things, but this I do agree. His solution is the only realistic one. There is another thread on here with crazy ideas of nerfing everything and petitioning FOM etc, and even if any of that did work its more work for codemasters added to the work they have to do, and will only anger the casual side of the player base which is where the most sales come from and cause more problems for the team and shareholders. BluntRS is correct instead of trying to please everyone all the time by constantly changing or nerfing things and creating more work and anger from each side of the player base, allow the players set the lobby to what WILL please them by giving them the tools to do so. 

BluntRS proposals of allowing the online lobbies to be SET by the player, to how the player would like to race with a range of various options and letting other players see those options and decide whether to join or not, is the ONLY REALISTIC and easiest to implement solution. It would also allow the team to concentrate on fixing bugs such as the pause exploit etc.

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:23 PM, BluntRS said:

Silence speaks a billion word's, 

You complain about online, but do nothing to support change, Enjoy the carnage.

I had an hilarious night online tonight.  First of all I quali 3rd 4th etc and got caught in pile ups most first corners, then got penaltys for cars smashing into me . Lost my rating down from mid b to low b THEN I started from the back on purpose at Spa , let everyone else take each other out and finished 4th .. now I had a perfect race apart from one spin at el rouge on lap 4 ... on my own with the nearest car 36 seconds away and carried on with no warnings , no cutting corners, no collisions ... nothing AND what happened . End of race lose 4 % on my licence on get demoted to a C 😂 I could not believe it and it actually annoyed me so much.  It's quite ridiculous the licence system in this game . It needs to be fixed! 

Posted (edited)

I think it's funny whenever people complain about online and think they can fix it by codemasters nerfing or changing core settings. YOU CANNOT CHANGE HUMAN NATURE. If people are going to crash into you, it's not TC or no TC that allowed it, its not what level they are in rank licence, they will be doing it regardless of the systems the game has in place, as that's what those idiots have decided they are going to do to you in the race. Only full ghosting would eliminate that, but then only fast time triallers would win as defending and strategy would no longer be useful.

Im tired of all these threads on here with people demanding drastic pointless changes to the game which takes up so much time and only angers one side of the player base against another and all because it tries to compensate for human nature which cannot be changed.

@BluntRS proposal of allowing players to fully SET all options in the lobbies to how they want to race and who against is the only realistic solution, as the option menu for hosts is already there, its just needs some additions on those pages, maybe combine that with a 'sim ranked' section in the game would sort it out. That is something the community should get behind instead of the other silly stuff like nerfs and large system changes, that way the team can get working on the more serious game bugs instead of wasting time trying to fix a human nature problem which is unfixable. 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1

@TomAAA Thankyou for your support!

If the majority got on board I could see this happening ( I still have hope it will ) but it seems majority like having a advantage to exploit.

Posted (edited)

@BluntRS I race with TC, I don't get the time to play the game as much as I would like and me and everyone on my friends list love the game how it is, we've had a blast with close racing and leagues etc. The people want to start nerfing assists and changing parts of the game will only anger the main side of the player base against another and make it worse. I would never enter a ranked race as I use assists but its not fair that people who don't use them should have to race against them if they don't want to. Rather than anger the mainstream and start nerfing and changing the whole game, your solution makes perfect sense. Allow the players to Set or choose who and how they race. 

Want to race casual? cool set your lobby up get people to join. Like BluntRS, want to race full hardcore? cool, here are the options set your lobby up and have fun. The tools to allow like minded racers to race together is the key rather than pointing fingers and nerfing or ripping up the game and starting again. Simply adding a 'Sim Ranked' section and allowing players how to set lobbies fully, keeps everybody happy and allows the team to focus on much bigger issues such as bugs.

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1

@TomAAA Thats awesome you and your friends are enjoying it, thats what its all about, ive never understood nerfing assists, no disrespect to anyone who wants to use them, everyone should be able to race how they wish, just ask for your own lobbys etc,

You mean you wouldnt enter a ranked lobby at the moment cause you use assits, I wouldnt enter one cause I dont use assits, so thats atleast two players missing out Codemasters 😡

Couldn't agree with you more, ive never tested TC and ABS etc, but am sure at the start they complained it was to fast, then it was to slow, and as you said its just waisting time trying to please everyone, they'll never do it, its just time which should be spend on actual bugs, updating circuits, polishing the game etc through the year when thier updated in real life.

Codemasters add the options already