Sign in to follow this  

2015 for free?

So now you have announced F1 2015 it suddenly appears you will be giving away F1 2014 for free, whereas I had to pay 50 EUR for the complete game. Let's be realistic, 2014 was horrible and you even admitted it. Now I would have to pay another 50 EUR for 2014, again?

Let's turn it around instead. Don't give 2014 for free, but make 2015 available for those who bought 2014. That would be fair.

I think a percentage discount on steam for those own the 2014 game would be reasonable, something like 10 or 20%.

But, you paid the money to play at the time of its release, plus it's on different consoles, it's no difference to (the last of us) remastered, or tombraider game

But, you paid the money to play at the time of its release, plus it's on different consoles, it's no difference to (the last of us) remastered, or tombraider game
They have done 10% off on steam for owning previous titles before, it isn't anything new.

Andi said:
I think a percentage discount on steam for those own the 2014 game would be reasonable, something like 10 or 20%.
I think this is the most likely scenario besides CM need the money given their financial troubles I suspect if F1 2015 doesn't do as well as they hope that could well be it for CM so they'll  need some money out of this so giving it away for free would lead to them commiting financial suicide. I know some companies like EA do this but they can afford it. But I seriously doubt CM can right now. At least not until they've straightened out their books.

I don't think they're giving us a copy of F1 2014, rather that the F1 2014 cars and tracks will be bonus content inside F1 2015, using the new engine, etc.

I don't think they're giving us a copy of F1 2014, rather that the F1 2014 cars and tracks will be bonus content inside F1 2015, using the new engine, etc.
yeah that's what they're doing besides asidefrom Hockenheim it's more or less the asme tracks as last year zanyway except Mexico is effectively switched with Hockenheim depending on what season you're running.

Andi said:
I think this is the most likely scenario besides CM need the money given their financial troubles I suspect if F1 2015 doesn't do as well as they hope that could well be it for CM so they'll  need some money out of this so giving it away for free would lead to them commiting financial suicide. I know some companies like EA do this but they can afford it. But I seriously doubt CM can right now. At least not until they've straightened out their books.
True, but it's their fault 2014 was a disgrace. As the screenshots and video footage looked promising, I used the pre-order function in August already to make sure I would play it as first. Now for 2015 I won't pre-order it if there's no compensation for those who pre-ordered 2014...

Pre-orders and launch day purchases are the main reason why game companies get away with lack of quality. And with quality I mean both the quality of the actual product and the support.

Trust me its £50 pre order on consoles in most places, they have to make a good game to get money because people will wait until after release.

Andi said:
True, but it's their fault 2014 was a disgrace. As the screenshots and video footage looked promising, I used the pre-order function in August already to make sure I would play it as first. Now for 2015 I won't pre-order it if there's no compensation for those who pre-ordered 2014...
Perhaps but it can be equally argued it's your fault though for not checking all the info  and the reviews before getting it. I know I waited on 2014 and will most likely wait on this one as well before making a decision. Also because I wasited I managed to get the game at a price I was willing to pay too.

Because I wait until the first patch is released, i would usually bye on release day, then get ...... Off and not play again until patch arrive... By then it's price drop time...so for f1 2015 I wait