Big changes needed.

16 minutes ago, listek2000 said:

The sound of the other cars is to loud. At the moment imo the opponent cars are too loud, tyre squeal is too loud, crowd is too loud, engineer and our own car is too silent.

• Agree 1

I

22 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Funny that you said that. Let me quote myself from another topic:

Rember a few year back the set an meeting schedule up for every 2 weeks to discuss the game what was been worked on in patches and so on and every couple weeks would get an update on forum I dont think it lasted long and I think that was round about when the stopped the communication I do rember them getting a load of abuse which you gotta expect when fetch an product out that dont work proply . But a little commincation can go a long way . Ie the game has been out a few weeks now and its like the cars performance is of 2017 still and no word when the are going to address it which isnt hard or time consuming to do . But as the saying goes its codemasters were trying to talk to here . 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, tarrantino said:

I’m not sure what people expected of 2019. The series has never had a revolution, only evolution. The same gripes appearing year after year. People brought into the game as visually it looks better but what’s changed? Well driver transfer as expected has been a shambles, safety car still not coming out. 

The only way change can be completed is by not buying future instalments. Support for this will be gone by November/December and it’ll start all over again. 

💯 correct. People need to start talking and complaining with their wallet. Not continuing to hand over cash and the. Whinge and whine about it! Once we’ve handed our money over Codemasters DO NOT care!! 

People need to wake up as I FINALLY have and will not be handing over another cent to Codemasters! I can only hope and prey that they lose their licence to a rival company who will take the “Official Partner with F1 and Fanatec” title a LOT more seriously! 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

You've got the whingeing part down at least. Anyway, good luck to you. Bye bye.

Edited by Andrew210227
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

You've got the whinging part down at least. Anyway, good luck to you. Bye bye.

After 10 minutes of braincracking just wondering what whinging is?

this is about racing, not flying (wing?)

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, tarrantino said:

I’m not sure what people expected of 2019. The series has never had a revolution, only evolution. The same gripes appearing year after year. 

Virtual mirrors, lobbies that aren't empty, customisable HUD, game that actually works...etc, that's what this thread is about bro.

I cant stress this enough; they were apparently working on this game for two years..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PureDriving said:

Virtual mirrors, lobbies that aren't empty, customisable HUD, game that actually works...etc, that's what this thread is about bro.

I cant stress this enough; they were apparently working on this game for two years..

Keyboard support on consoles, split lobbies, much better and open communication and interaction from Codemasters to the community, do I need to go on?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

One of the few improvements I really like to be fair, is the weekly event. It's all I have bothered with.

14 hours ago, PureDriving said:

No it’s isn't. It’s about big improvements. The base model for the game hasn’t changed for years, but people keep buying. 

There’s no historic threads here so you can’t look back and the posts referring to very similar items as last year. 

• Agree 2

On 7/9/2019 at 12:25 AM, PureDriving said:

Will codemasters leave the game in this state for 12 months?

Or will they just fix bugs all year. Here is a list of serious complaints so far from what I have read on these forums. Feel free to add more.

1. Online multiplayer. Its dead. Especially 25%.

2. HUD. PC can customize this but consoles can not.

3. Virtual mirror. Most sim racing games have this option.

4. League racing. It is not possible to turn of the AI.

5. League racing. No one races, even though they sign up for a league.

6. Online Multiplayer. There should be no-assists races.

7. Engine sounds. Personally they have grown on me but the Mercedes is admittedly, horrible and inaccurate.

8. Safety car. Works more than last year but not enough.

9. Car speed. A lot thay feel the car often feels lifeless/dull.

10. Highlight reel. This is too short. Also more on board footage.

11. Mid-season driver transfers. This speaks for itself, its not realistic. Its completely unnecessary, also kills immersion.

12. Halo Transparency. I can't see this being changed either. I dont use cockpit though so what do I know.

13. Game crashing. I'm sure this will be fixed.

14. Inviting friends to ranked. Last but not least, this is one of the reasons ranked Is so dead.

Most are complaining about something or other. I want to gather all the main complaints in one thread.

If we stand back, they will leave the game the way it is, pretty much. 

They will still make a profit, as the game looks great from the outside.

1. No its not. 

2. HUD isn't important. 

3. F1 drivers can't look behind them. 

4. Fill the league with second accounts if you can't get enough people. 

5. Not codies problem. My league has 3 tiers and 60 people, 52 people turned up on Sunday. 

6. Do it then? 

7. They sound good. 

8. Agreed. 

9. Nope. 

10. It's fine as it is. 

11. Agreed. 

12. Who cares? 

13. Literally never crashes. 

14. On what planet would you expect this? That would just allow friends to pad their stats. Get to the same safety rating as your friends and its easy to play together. I played with 5 of them in ranked last night. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but this game is broken.

Regretting my purchase.  People lambaste EA for their games but Codies' F1 series is by far the worst game series I've seen in regards to the same glitches carrying onto the next iteration.

It baffles me there hasn't been an outcry in regards to AI strategy in wet to dry or dry to wet races.  The AI 90% double stacks their drivers...losing an incredible amount of time and handing easy victories to the user.  Check Ben's races at USA, Brazil etc.

The quali sim times has been a problem for years...SC has been a problem for years and this year it is even non existent for some users.

I just can't support this product anymore...it has been almost 3 weeks and they expect us to be excited for the performance update coming soon?  Why wasn't this in at launch...the season didn't start in May.

The cutscenes story like career mode which only lasts for 3 races in F2 is a complete joke.  Why add it if it ends when you get to F1?  Why not actually develop a full fledged mode where these cutscenes popup throughout your career.

Still only yourself and the guy ahead/behind you in the position box...how many times have people requested they expand that.  Why would anyone be connected to the actual F1 season if they raced in a midfield team and not knowing who is getting podium.  Or being able to see the shock of Hamilton leading the championship but being outside of the top 10...we can't even create our own stories because we don't know what is happening with the other drivers.

Even if you invest all your R&D points into actual upgrades instead of reliability, efficiency etc. you just can't keep up with the AI's pace of development.  Eventually you'll slowly go down the pecking order because of this.  Did they even test this?  Last year almost every single Youtuber complained car development is too fast...what do Codies do?  Make it ever faster. Great job.

No news/twitter feed.

No immersion in regards to the season.

The driver transfers were an excellent opportunity for a rumor mill or news feed.

Tyre carcass temps still only for user...

There is no way in hell they worked on this for 2 years...unless they maybe put the one junior developer on the code for the first year to play around.  I mean can they seriously not even add the official time-sheet designs?  How long can that possibly take.

Edited by R9NALD09
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I'm sorry but this game is not broken.

This game is not perfect... the game requires some improvements and bug fixes but it's a very good game.

F1 is very complicated... We are very lucky to have a game of this level.

Maybe my age helps to relativize but see what's going on in tennis video games for example... 😉

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Seems lobbies would get a boost if they had one sim lobby. At least 25% length, forced cockpit, no assists, full damage/tire/fuel and no brake line. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/10/2019 at 11:05 PM, Gussie said:

💯 correct. People need to start talking and complaining with their wallet. Not continuing to hand over cash and the. Whinge and whine about it! Once we’ve handed our money over Codemasters DO NOT care!! 

People need to wake up as I FINALLY have and will not be handing over another cent to Codemasters! I can only hope and prey that they lose their licence to a rival company who will take the “Official Partner with F1 and Fanatec” title a LOT more seriously! 

This what I have done, I refuse to give them anymore bucks until they improve on certain functionality that had been missing forever.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

Seems lobbies would get a boost if they had one sim lobby. At least 25% length, forced cockpit, no assists, full damage/tire/fuel and no brake line. 

If you want to have a sim lobby without any assists you have to drive 100%. 25% or 50% requires less concentration and is an assist like some other people would say. :classic_happy:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

If you want to have a sim lobby without any assists you have to drive 100%. 25% or 50% requires less concentration and is an assist like some other people would say. :classic_happy:

LOL Good point, makes sense.

Being summer, we have a kid home from college so between all of us, it is rare I have the bandwidth to race at all online.lol Guess I need to upgrade my service. 😕

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Lucasky said:

I'm sorry but this game is not broken.

This game is not perfect... the game requires some improvements and bug fixes but it's a very good game.

F1 is very complicated... We are very lucky to have a game of this level.

Maybe my age helps to relativize but see what's going on in tennis video games for example... 😉

Well the way I see it is if you play online you get:

Empty lobbies

Still laughable penalty system

Even in lobbies with S safety ratings it is absolutely chaos and wreckage galore at the first corner.  This might not be Codemasters' issue but if the penalty system worked and the safety rating was accurate this wouldn't happen.

If you play offline career you get:

Performance levels outdated

AI strategy broken (90% of teams double stack their cars in dry to wet or wet to dry races losing an insane amount of time)

Pit release is still not correct

R&D is way too fast with the AI being so fast that eventually you'll drop to the bottom even if you only concentrate on performance upgrades

Driver transfers is a complete joke...who in their right mind thought that the way it currently is will be realistic and/or up to customer satisfaction.

Tyre carcass temps are only for the user player...so in essence it is a handicap.

And then furthermore you get:

Damage is still a joke.  Last night I got hit from behind  and my front wing got damaged...how in the hell is that possible.

The HUD is still a mess...after how many years

SC is not working for a lot of players

I'd argue overall F1 CE was a much better rounded off product even though it had its issues.

This game is broken.  How many features is actually working 100%?

Edited by R9NALD09
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

LOL Good point, makes sense.

Being summer, we have a kid home from college so between all of us, it is rare I have the bandwidth to race at all online.lol Guess I need to upgrade my service. 😕

Or stop download p**n🤣🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Or stop download p**n🤣🤣

That's just crazy talk lmao

53 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

That's just crazy talk lmao

No **** sherlock... of course it was crazy talk, but still funny🤣

• Haha 1

@Swift747you haven't realised that they are not my statements, they not even my opinions (for most of them). I read the forums every day and these are the things that are complained about by other drivers every single day, since release.

For online use more options in the lobby for the non assist racers and nerf it more down

In career mode don't nerf it down and make it what it is.. a assist. A help for the casual players that like the races now and then.

Fix the damn pitstop. It is a shame that gentleman waiting till everybody is gone.

Make it more realistisch. Help with the setup in career mode, create simolator work. Every team create a base setup in the simolator in the week before a race.

F2 is a nice career mode idea but so bad implemented that it is worse. 5min story and then in F1 is it nothing??

And still no performance update. It should never been a update but basic.. red bull driving on paper a Renault engine.. honda and red bull should take actions to codi.

I'm done for now

They should add possibility to use equal cars and multiplayer cars in gp mode. Shouldn’t be too hard to add this option as it’s already used in online lobbies.

Currently it’s too hard to try to create setups for equal/multiplayer cars as you need to wait sometimes really long time that someone enteres to the lobby. Also TT setups and ”realistic” cars are totally different compared to equal/multiplayer cars, so only place where you can create setups for these cars is online lobbies. This is problem considering league racing and weekly events as those both are using equal/multiplayer cars. So unless you have half an hour time to wait in the lobby to drive 18min short qualy, then you are fine. However i don’t think people like/can to wait this long...

Also AI should be changed for qualifying. Currently AI is driving outlap like hotlap and not leaving gap to the player’s car when starting the lap. For an example on current weekly event AI was less than 1 car length behind me during whole first sector of time lap which basically ruins the concentration totally. These kind of things shouldn’t happen considering you can’t drive weekly event qualifying again unless you are willing to take time penalty for it.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:49 AM, Arttu1202 said:

They should add possibility to use equal cars and multiplayer cars in gp mode. Shouldn’t be too hard to add this option as it’s already used in online lobbies.

Currently it’s too hard to try to create setups for equal/multiplayer cars as you need to wait sometimes really long time that someone enteres to the lobby. Also TT setups and ”realistic” cars are totally different compared to equal/multiplayer cars, so only place where you can create setups for these cars is online lobbies. This is problem considering league racing and weekly events as those both are using equal/multiplayer cars. So unless you have half an hour time to wait in the lobby to drive 18min short qualy, then you are fine. However i don’t think people like/can to wait this long...

Also AI should be changed for qualifying. Currently AI is driving outlap like hotlap and not leaving gap to the player’s car when starting the lap. For an example on current weekly event AI was less than 1 car length behind me during whole first sector of time lap which basically ruins the concentration totally. These kind of things shouldn’t happen considering you can’t drive weekly event qualifying again unless you are willing to take time penalty for it.

You can just create a LAN session by yourself if you want to work on setups for your multiplayer car

14. so true. 

Yes it allows people to boost each other. But I am willing to accept this. I don't care if someone is on a higher Skillrank. I play in a community with 50 people and we loved to play ranked together in F1 2018. Now this gamemode is dead and unranked has a lack of competition and safe players.  

Its like Rocket League would fix Boosting with disallowing the ranked mode for parties. #facepalm

Would be a shame if they don't fix ranked for the next 12 months....

Edited by iosis - airborne-gaming.de