Big changes needed.

Will codemasters leave the game in this state for 12 months?

Or will they just fix bugs all year. Here is a list of serious complaints so far from what I have read on these forums. Feel free to add more.

1. Online multiplayer. Its dead. Especially 25%.

2. HUD. PC can customize this but consoles can not.

3. Virtual mirror. Most sim racing games have this option.

4. League racing. It is not possible to turn of the AI.

5. League racing. No one races, even though they sign up for a league.

6. Online Multiplayer. There should be no-assists races.

7. Engine sounds. Personally they have grown on me but the Mercedes is admittedly, horrible and inaccurate.

8. Safety car. Works more than last year but not enough.

9. Car speed. A lot thay feel the car often feels lifeless/dull.

10. Highlight reel. This is too short. Also more on board footage.

11. Mid-season driver transfers. This speaks for itself, its not realistic. Its completely unnecessary, also kills immersion.

12. Halo Transparency. I can't see this being changed either. I dont use cockpit though so what do I know.

13. Game crashing. I'm sure this will be fixed.

14. Inviting friends to ranked. Last but not least, this is one of the reasons ranked Is so dead.

Most are complaining about something or other. I want to gather all the main complaints in one thread.

If we stand back, they will leave the game the way it is, pretty much. 

They will still make a profit, as the game looks great from the outside.

Edited by PureDriving
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 5

I just wrote a similar reply in another thread so will be quick here. I'm sure you will get the easy stuff fixed and tweaked but no major changes. The mp for sure won't change much or I will eat my head gear. It's an annual release game in stable condition with nothing embarrassingly bad in there that has killed sales. When you buy a new release game you sadly give up your cash voting rights to demand changes. Those of us who wait for the complaints to come in are probably a minority so we don't get heard either. Unless it does not actually do something it says it DOES on the box or advertising material you are relying on developer good will to make major design changes. Good will doesn't pay salaries though and project managers will usually not want devs to make major changes in a game with such a short shelf life when they could be working on the next game instead. 

If you could get 10000 signatures on a petition demanding new features in the next game however, that's over half a million quid in potential revenue not to be sneezed at. 

I really really hope I am wrong on this, as I love F1. 

Woah, your literally saying every thread on the forum complaining or looking for a change, Is a waste of time.

I completely disagree that we give up our rights when we buy the game. It may only be political rights and not legal as such, but if codemasters did not have its E-Sports drivers, Streamers and different levels of casual players, who not only buy the game every year but promote the game every day in different ways, then the ship would sink.

This is actually a right, atleast as a community. It may only be morally right, but it's a right. Yes, they can deny us liberties 100% if they want to and this is what you are saying, but a true boycott from Esports drivers, Streamers and the rest of us would probably bring the company down, which is in nobody's interest. 

My point being; they can deny us having a say in the game if they wish, but the present community always has more power than it seems. Look what has been done to EA by several communities.

PS; no need for 1000 petitions, this Is the official forum which still has atleast 10 new posts a day with complaints, since release.

Edited by PureDriving

Yes we would hope that we would be heard by my Codemasters in their official forums but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be the case. Unless you have a clear bug to report that they can come back to you with a clear and easy answer they are nowhere to be seen or heard when it comes to responding to issues from the actual fans who play the game stupidly continue to keep handing over our cash to them. 

I don’t even care if they don’t agree with us or won’t implement the changes we ask for BUT at least come on and defend yourself and give us reasons for why not?! At the very least a a clear NO would even suffice. 

Personally, I’ve come to the conclusion that all Codemasters is focused on is Career mode. Which really has surprised me since they are the OFFICIAL F1 eSports title and partner!!!

Somewhere along the line, that word “official” seems to have been lost in translation otherwise I’m sure we would have had a title with superb multiplayer and online features. Not to mention an “official” wheel that they would allow all the functions to be active on their “Official” title! 

• Agree 1

Don't forget the word realistic that which offcourse says use assists and drive dirty online and you will be rewarded greatly. Which is obviously the most realistic ever. 

@GussieModerators and know it alls on here would make you believe codemasters do have a role to play in this forum. They constantly claim all feedback goes back to the team.

Career mode didnt have too much done to it this year and is still night and day more popular than multiplayer, that says it all really 😵.

Edited by PureDriving

5 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Don't forget the word realistic that which offcourse says use assists and drive dirty online and you will be rewarded greatly. Which is obviously the most realistic ever. 

This was always a deal breaker for me but we had to accept it. I feel times have changed now, people want better cleaner races, against opposition of their level. This has alot to do with F1 esport becoming popular, no-assist drivers want to find out how fast they really are against potential future esport drivers.

Edited by PureDriving

1 hour ago, PureDriving said:

This was always a deal breaker for me but we had to accept it. I feel times have changed now, people want better cleaner races, against opposition of their level. This has alot to do with F1 esport becoming popular, no-assist drivers want to find out how fast they really are against potential future esport drivers.

It may have become a little cleaner, but as non assist driver you're still beeing put together with assist drivers. Med. TC together with ABS and 95% you don't stand a chance. Laptimes difference of between 0,5 and 2 seconds.

and CM doesn't care about it. Realistic my ass

• Agree 2

I do think f1 2018 was worse, assists used to constantly be faster than me, the same people in my league now are slower. I agree about the realism, I'd trade it all in though to have 25% multiplayer lobbies that weren't empty all the time 😴 I've played more rocket league since F1 came out and I hate rocket league 🤣 

Codemasters can't make all the changes at once. Why not do a survey to ask what is the most important change to make on F1 2019 ? Ranking will give priority to Codemasters.

11 hours ago, PureDriving said:

8. Safety car. Works more than last year but not enough.

F1 2018 = Zero Safety Cars

F1 2019 = Zero Safety cars

I don't see how it works better this year

• Agree 2

F1 2018 = first six races in career mode, 2 races with SC, really buggy

F1 2019 = switched it off

1 hour ago, Gragooni said:

I don't see how it works better this year

It is the same frequency. So the game is very stable for you. :classic_happy:

• Haha 1

Really Nice Post and Thread, summarising the Needs of the Online No-Assist Community.

The Problem I see here, is there is a Total lack of engagement from Codemaster Side.

They have a Paid Representative on the Forums , which only function is to "Pass info onto the Team"

Hence the endless cycle of wondering what is getting attention and what not is repeating itself, day after day.

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, AcidBurn247 said:

Really Nice Post and Thread, summarising the Needs of the Online No-Assist Community.

The Problem I see here, is there is a Total lack of engagement from Codemaster Side.

They have a Paid Representative on the Forums , which only function is to "Pass info onto the Team"

Hence the endless cycle of wondering what is getting attention and what not is repeating itself, day after day.

Funny that you said that. Let me quote myself from another topic:

only looking at the past, well... they take their time, patch a lot of stuff what wasn't pointed out by the community, and mostly it broke something else. 

1 example: safety car.

CM should take a look at for instance Bungie, they neglected their community also in the beginning, and that wasn't good for them. Even on Youtube the complaints were everywhere. They didn't listen to the community and lost a lot of players.

nowadays they communicate a lot with their community, make roadmaps, ask plyers for input, and a lot of input is actually beeing worked on and fixed. Result: their community is more satisfied, much happier, and feels like they are taken seriously.

but showing some transparancies, communicating with their playerbase about what they are working on for the next patch and what is more complicated and will be patched at a later stage is nowhere to be found here.

is it too much to ask for to post once in a while any form off update to the community with a sort of roadmap or whatever where they tell us what they are working on, so we as a community can see that they actually listen to us. 

Saying they do doesn't mean **** to me, SHOW us that they do is much more valuable. Actions speak louder than words.

But the lack of communication from CM is just terrible. Not the community managers, but any Dev who also knows how to type a  small story about upcoming changes is that too much too ask?

when I see twitter replies of 1 sentence: will be coming in a later patch. Or whatever Lee tweeted. COME ON! It's your playerbase! Your community! The people who buy the stuff they make! Replies like that are just taking the easy way out to avoid difficult questions. Just leave them in the dark.  That's information that's as usefull as a jerrycan gasoline to extinquish a fire.

There's a difference in making promises and telling what you're working on. And explain why some patches need more time. 

Give more insight. Now it's just: here's a patch good luck! Oh and the patchnotes with things as various stability and performance updates. Like WHAT!? 

A community wants to be heard and most of all taken seriously. Now everyone is posting stuff, faya says she will tell the devs and then.....

that's what I'm talking about. And we deserve better and have the right to demand from CM what's going on. 

Another example: KEYBOARD inputs on consoles. Any idea how long people are asking (almost begging) for this? CM could have made themselves GODS if they implemented it this edition. After all, 2 years in the making, keyboard support for consoles is one of the most requested feature, for years. 

about how CM "communicates" with their community.

3 hours ago, AcidBurn247 said:

Spot on. It's like the moderators are on auto pilot at times to repeat the same things to us, without acting like human beings while communicating.

What I will say is the community also seems a problem, people seem to complain once on a thread about their issue and get shut down by either a moderator or a random know it all, so there is this mindset that people wont speak up as they believe nothing can be done other than pass on information to moderators who will supposedly alert the team. That's what it looks like to me anyways.

The problem with this years game is similar Fifa 19, it's been released in an absolute mess to be quite frank. So the choice seems to be either accept it, wait for F1 2020 or stop buying the games. I'll be doing the latter if there isn't a major improvement, waited months for 2019. We all did.

I didn't intend to discourage criticism earlier in this thread, I believe constructive arguments made with screen shots and videos to be the most effective, especially from people who have played F1 games before so can compare this version with last versions. My main point is that if you can prove that something that is in the game by design either does not actually work or has major flaws then there is a real chance it would be fixed. Forums generally contain more serious gamers who play a game a lot and can see problems casual players may not even notice. Has to be remembered though that the game presumably sells millions of copies worldwide yet only a few dozen people on here are making complaints. If you were the project manager for such a major release as this would you risk making major design changes after release? Bug fixes yes, minor improvements yes, new game modes probably not. 

I actually think the code master forums are some of the most losely moderated official forums around. Seems to be that almost any public criticism is allowed as long as it's not offensive or hateful. I begged another company's devs to fix a game breaking design choice on their forums last year and was told pretty quick to 'cool it' and had been 'warned' . 

The problem with vids or photo's is naming and shaming...

i could make hundreds onboards while spectating to support what I think. But it will be removed anyway.

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I begged another company's devs to fix a game breaking design choice on their forums last year and was told pretty quick to 'cool it' and had been 'warned' . 

100% this was EA. Hahah.

• Haha 1

15. Car performance is literally a copy paste from last year. RB engine has the same performance as a Renault engine despite RB using Honda PUs, Ferrari engine is still slower than Merc despite Ferrari having the better engine IRL, Aero & Chassis wise Merc should be at the top, not RB

16. Drivers should change Helmets when moving to a different team. It feels stupid watching Vettel drive for Mercedes while wearing a Ferrari helmet with Ferrari's sponsors. What's the point of having driver transfers if they always have their old team's helmet design? That's like having Christiano Ronaldo play for Juventus with a Real Madrid uniform.

17. The AI still doesn't suffer from high carcass temperatures and is able to push all the time (or until their ERS runs out)

18. The rival that you choose suddenly becomes OP. I drive for McLaren and my rival, Devon Butler, drives for Racing Point. Both teams are pretty much equal but before I chose Butler as a rival he kept finishing outside the top 10 while his teammate outperformed him. After I chose him as a rival he suddenly started qualifying near me or ahead of me and he started to outperform his teammate by miles. This also happened last year too.

19. Our helmets still lack team sponsors

20. The AI does rocket starts all the time. I don't use any assists, I always rev to the optimal RPM range but no matter what I do they always fly past me. Last year the race starts were much better.

21. No steering animation when leaving or entering the pits

22. The podium celebration cutscene is literally the same all the time.

And the list goes on. The game is a copy paste of last year but with a little bit of story and new cars. I'd say the game isn't worth 60$/70€. It should be 35$/40€ at most.

Edited by AvengerGR35
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

@AvengerGR35Absolutely solid bro. I agree with everything. Especially the celebration cut scene, they were working on this game two years apparently, not acceptable for things to be stale already.

• Agree 3

The sound of the other cars is to loud. At the moment imo the opponent cars are too loud, tyre squeal is too loud, crowd is too loud, engineer and our own car is too silent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I’m not sure what people expected of 2019. The series has never had a revolution, only evolution. The same gripes appearing year after year. People brought into the game as visually it looks better but what’s changed? Well driver transfer as expected has been a shambles, safety car still not coming out. 

The only way change can be completed is by not buying future instalments. Support for this will be gone by November/December and it’ll start all over again. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2