Sign in to follow this  

The Damage of GRID Autosport (Blog)

The thing i wonder is if this

"A key new feature we have added is the Team Radio system; at any point during a race you can now request information from your engineer at the touch of a button. This means you can pay full attention to the action on track but still have easy access to standings and car health updates as and when you want it."

Is something like what they have in iRacing like this 
http://youtu.be/EOii97qDkV8?t=35s . Like will they call out cars alongside you, a slow car ahead, a crash ahead, tyres blown, damage to the engine etc. etc. Because that would be awesome! :D

Edit: It's at .35 sec, and around 2:35 since it didnt link there automatically even tho i said it to.

I think the damage could be quite trying to think of a better word - polarising. A bit like the tyre wear in F1 2013.

Some people will love it, some hate it. My guess is the more casual racers will find it a bit frustrating.

I want to feel the same level of pain when a racing driver hits at wall at 100mph. Well maybe not. I don't want both my legs broken. But I do want to feel the frustration of wrecking the car and having to rebuild it. People are going to ahve to drive a lot more conservatively to get round this. More like real life. And people who dont ram and look after the car have an added adnatage and the win will be sweeter, much sweeter.

I hope they put in some options to keep everyone happy. there should be options to have racing with damage off and others with the full experience. I don'[t want someone crying into their headset because I've just accidently trashed their pride and joy. 

My crying is allowed though.

dirt3joe said:
I hope they put in some options to keep everyone happy. 
It can be toggled on or off in the multiplayer lobby.

All official playlists will run with full mechanical damage though, it'll quickly stop people crashing on purpose as they will find themselves with broken car pretty quickly (and a repair bill too!)

just to ask, "repair bill" is some credit earn into the game or microtransaction  ? :D i know is crazy question... u can never know :D

just to ask, "repair bill" is some credit earn into the game or microtransaction  ? :D i know is crazy question... u can never know :D
In game currency, we've got no micro transactions in the game :)

Loore said:
okay, glad to hear that...

:)

Hello all, i dont like multiplayer so i am speaking mainly about single player. The damage system is very great, a very good factor.

My question is about the repair. How it works in single player career? Will tehre be difference between online and single player damage system. I have seen a km counter i think it will contact to the wear system. How can i repair my car in career, or should i sell the car? Will there be a shope or something like that where i can buy new or used cars?

Just to know, you can't damage the turbo on a car which don't have one? That would be a bit weird. :P

Damage system is very similar to old CMR games. Sounds really good. I dreamed about its returning in DIRT but such damage in GRID... It's really awesome! 

It seems Codemasters really listen to all suggestion )) Touge is the last thing ))

Loore said:
All official playlists will run with full mechanical damage though, it'll quickly stop people crashing on purpose as they will find themselves with broken car pretty quickly (and a repair bill too!)
I hope you’re right, but please don't underestimate the number of numpties who only want to ruin other people’s races, not caring what happens to their own car.

Question:  For us league racers (and online), will the damage you sustain at the hands of, say, a malicious driver or even one who went way too hot into a corner trying to pass and T-boned you...be repairable or penalized? Or will the at fault party and the victim both be left to "live with" the damage for the rest of the race?

Loore said:
Question to @Loore‌ Are we able to repair our cars in lobby as they occur damage or do we need to leave the playlist and go to the garage and repair it as we did in grid 2 to change upgrades or liveries? 
Really liking the sound of this damage system. 
From what I saw in the little video I've seen of San Fran it looks as if the damage HUD only shows up when you damage or wear a certain part to the next level which I think is a nice little touch and won't clutter the screen. 
Can't wait to see some bump & grind touring video to see how much they can take before they damage their cars.

Sounds good, my only worry is the amount of damage applied to the car that is on the receiving end of a rammer. That definitely needs to be far less than the damage applied to the rammers car.

Loore said:
Question to @Loore‌ Are we able to repair our cars in lobby as they occur damage or do we need to leave the playlist and go to the garage and repair it as we did in grid 2 to change upgrades or liveries? 
Really liking the sound of this damage system. 
From what I saw in the little video I've seen of San Fran it looks as if the damage HUD only shows up when you damage or wear a certain part to the next level which I think is a nice little touch and won't clutter the screen. 
Can't wait to see some bump & grind touring video to see how much they can take before they damage their cars.
You can repair cars from the 'Paddock', which is the area you find yourself in pre-race. You can do some last minute tuning, repairs and a few others bit there :) No need to leave the playlist / lobby.

ok we've seen this before in the first Grid and Dirt game, your old CRM games, and some of the old TOCA too.

I mean where's the news regarding the damage system?; you mean you ditched the ridiculously childish Grid2 damage system and returned to common sense by using again Grid/Dirt1 damage system?, lol.

Hello i ask again:

i dont like multiplayer so i am speaking mainly about single player. The damage system is very great, a very good factor.

My question is about the repair. How it works in single player career? Will tehre be difference between online and single player damage system. I have seen a km counter i think it will contact to the wear system. How can i repair my car in career, or should i sell the car? Will there be a shope or something like that where i can buy new or used cars?

Garmacor said:

Hello i ask again:

i dont like multiplayer so i am speaking mainly about single player. The damage system is very great, a very good factor.

SP and MP are two separate systems, both with their own differences. The repairs and buying and selling of cars is for multiplayer. In Single Player you race for a team so wouldn't be expected to deal in that sort of stuff. You do however get a say in the tuning and upgrades within SP.  

Thanks the answers guys.

I like the repair idea so i am a little bit sorry for this. I play mainly in single player and it would be a good factor.