Sign in to follow this  

Broastcast Style/Podium Celebrations Concerns.

I know we don't know anything at all about this feature. but my concerns come from the past Codies titles (And some titles not related to the current Codies era).... the animations got old very fast... it felt flat very quick. Most of us skip all the animations...... I hope this year there is a wider variation of animations. Also since there will be "broadcast style"...  i really hope that Condermatsers get the right camera tv style angles the proper way this year.....and finally im sure that since its "broadcast style" there will be some form of commentary... I also hope it does not get dull quick. I hope we don't hear the same commentary and see the same podium celebrations over and over and over and over. 

:)

Hopefully they do it properly. Full FOM hud and professional broadcast style presentation. Make it feel like an official product rather than a cheap flaccid imitation

I think the podium cinematic's could get old fairly quickly. CMs previous animations of  driver's celebrating when getting out of the car got boring very soon as it was always the same thing happening. If the podiums looked different then perhaps there would be an element of interest, however, since F1 has decided to implement the same generic podium across all the circuits on the calendar, with the exception of Monaco, I feel it could get tiresome early on.

Zombie said:
I know we don't know anything at all about this feature. but my concerns come from the past Codies titles (And some titles not related to the current Codies era).... the animations got old very fast... it felt flat very quick. Most of us skip all the animations...... I hope this year there is a wider variation of animations. Also since there will be "broadcast style"...  i really hope that Condermatsers get the right camera tv style angles the proper way this year.....and finally im sure that since its "broadcast style" there will be some form of commentary... I also hope it does not get dull quick. I hope we don't hear the same commentary and see the same podium celebrations over and over and over and over. 

In fairness though it would get old anyway no matter what CM do. As animations are always likely to repeat themselves after a while regardless.

Zombie said:

In fairness though it would get old anyway no matter what CM do. As animations are always likely to repeat themselves after a while regardless.

Well yes that is why these games are renewed yearly... not only for the livery, rule changes and track updates or when new tracks come into the season., but also to keep the game "fresh" so to speak. If they had a bigger variety of sequences the game would not get old...as quick..... at least not as quick as the old previous installments did. "If" they had 50 or so different short clips to play randomly when needed according to the game's new direction this year.... the game would keep fresh for a long time. Or at the very least till the next installment comes out. B)

The podiums didn't get old for me much when Sony's F1 games had them. The best was when some of the F1 games had the full official ceremony with commentary from Brundle. I'd love if 15 had that and not just a ten second sequence like a few other Sony F1 games had.

Joethe155 said:
The podiums didn't get old for me much when Sony's F1 games had them. The best was when some of the F1 games had the full official ceremony with commentary from Brundle. I'd love if 15 had that and not just a ten second sequence like a few other Sony F1 games had.
That would be awesome care to post a clip please? thanks :)

They need to do like FIFA where a button combination determines your celebration
a) when you cross the line
b) when you step out of the car in parc ferme
c) taking your step on the podium
d) your champagne spraying technique

obviousy have the option to skip all this and keep everyone happy

Can't remember which game it was , but did one game have a trophy cabinet in the menus , so you could veiw trophys won/ unlocked, sorry if it was not f1 game, but you get what I meant 

Can't remember which game it was , but did one game have a trophy cabinet in the menus , so you could veiw trophys won/ unlocked, sorry if it was not f1 game, but you get what I meant 
I remember the Sony Liverpool games having that on the  PS2, and it was indeed pretty cool :)

A Trophy room like this in the near future would help :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKwT0gqcqKY

@Zombie From F1 2003, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7P5o5jRQgQ

Only one I could find and annoyingly, it's recorded on a phone, you can't hear Brundle but you can see that there's a member from the winning team there and the (at that time) official tv graphics (Trophy presented by....).. Brundle would say things like "Ferrari pick up the trophy for the winning constructor. They'll be delighted with this win."
"Fernando Alonso drove a great race and will be very pleased with the victory.

Lets just hope they get it right. There is so much that can be done with the broadcast approach.. Id like to see them replicate the camera angles for each track as closely as possible, including helicopters. Id also like a "director mode" where you can direct your own replays or AI races from all the available cameras and save them.

1. Even for the real drivers, podiums and interviews become repeated after a while since they are always the same protocol..
2. People saying "I want the game to reproduce the "real broadcast" style with BBC intro and Brundle...just remember the game is a worldwide release and, besides UK, "BBC intro and Brundle interviews" is not "the real broadcast".Each country has its own "real broadcast"....