DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.6: Bug Reporting Thread

I love the new feature of not having to switch between manual and sequential but this just illustrates to me how bad the internal testing is, I mean it wouldn’t take much time at all just to run through all the cars and make sure they are working as intended before releasing the update, instead we have too many cars with the wrong gearbox settings and now we will have to wait months for them all to be fixed!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney

Do you plan fix offroad framerate drops in some patch? I buyed pre-order game in February, and still can't start career. Please write version where I can start play this game.

Edited by Awasaky
  • Confused 1

Total damage in Argentina if you miss a bridge (PC, 1.6)

In Argentina, you can roll down the slope between stones and reset the car, but if you drive into the ditch next to a stone bridge, you immediately have a total loss.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Bonjour

Les clubs bug, nos configurations s'effacent lors de la spéciale 2 et 3 sur une boucle de 3 par exemple ... une solution?

Edited by IROQUA54

hi,  (xbox deluxe)

topic :ETHICS'N'Stages (nearly as restarts...)

now it is possible to check stage in daily', then back to main menu before starting the race, then practice as much as u can till u beat w-records, then back on the "daily" stage... personnaly i think this possibility is not in the rally spirit

i remember before when u selected a daily, you had to finish it before exit, or u would be noted as abandon time.

to my understanding, memory-by-heart' driving is for circuit with 5 curves, no copilot, you can have a 78 rounds, pls buy F1....

but rally's spirit is improvising along 15km, 300turns, and adapting to the copilot's guidance.

i have no time to practice 1h every stage, i hate to learn by heart a 12km stage, i don't want to seek the little tricks that allow bluffing reality, and, i still wish a chance to perform a good position on the results. I don't agree to be down the list because some will just have the time to repeat like a GP, i think this is another kind of game 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

the exit-come back option was available today in Montecarlo and Nzealnd, not in US dailies, then which is discriminant factor?

i think one smart try about non-memory/familiar scene of rally mindset was the dirt4, random chain of wellknown combinations... but after a while it was making strange sick feeling of always same nowhere; when we have fix stages, all of them have a real identity and specific context, even without the need to learn by heart (or we just shift into RX if we like to refine the latest tenths of second); this is also why copilot must be perfectly trusty, unless we have to learn by heart to avoid his mistakes...

Australian stage didn't have exit option, then, is it a voluntary choice that has been organized to offer "single shot" and "maniac prepare" options to fit every kind of pilot' tempers ?

In Golf Gti mk2 H2 has an upsidedown tachometer.

20190714222824_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ph4s3 said:

In Golf Gti mk2 H2 has an upsidedown tachometer.

20190714222824_1.jpg

That's not a bug. The car they used to model the in-game car has it that way. It has been stated long ago.

• Agree 6

I found that when the sound bug last hit me, pausing the game and fiddling with the audio output settings on my Xbox One X (switching it from stereo and back again etc) brought the sound back. 

• Like 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug:

In Career, Master level RX, you can ONLY choose the RX supercars class.

"Blow off" sounds of the cars with turbo.

When using my wheel and pedals (T300rs+pedals) I get the blow off sound only when I down-shift without any braking-input.

My search for possible culprits has been: 

1. My sound equipment (I.E headset, speakers etc.)

2. The pedals

3. My TH8A-shifter

4. Different gear-setups: semi-auto, sequential, manual with shifter, with/without clutch-override etc.

5. Lastly I tested various saturation changes in the advanced settings

At first I thought this was an oversight and how turbo-cars was handled until found a video of the world record run of some argentinian stage with a keyboard. This is where I heard the "blow off" sound as it should be, on throttle-release.

I tested afformentioned "culprits" though the last one (5) was the one who caught my attention. Reducing my throttle-saturation to about 40/150 is where I started to hear feint blow-off from my car although not enough in my opinion. Reducing it to 1/150 was of course the sweetspot for the awesome flutter that the Mitsubishi Lance Evo VI does.

Driving the 4wd-cars on 1/150 throttle-saturation is fine, however becomes less then ideal when driving the powerful rwd-cars.

Is there a quick fix to this, or is this something Codemaster might wanna have a glance at is what I am wondering? 

Posted this in the general discussion but realized maybe it is better to post it here

• Agree 1

Hi

Already reported this elsewhere before noticing this thread. Testing with option: "Manual H-Pattern with Clutch or Manual Sequential". Now if I drive Group B Audi or Peugeot they default to sequential. AFAIK they should be manual gearbox both. (I understand that Audi experimented with sort of sequential but most were manual). 

Running on Steam.

Best regards,

Esa Ahonen

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

when racing RX on Bikernieki the starting grid orded is displayed inverted, since v1.5

4BF0193790E3CD303F2B4FBA2B72AE241D855F10

B967302C093791FABDD1D20780177FFCFA2B0FEB

Could I please have the Uruguay country flag now in the profile options?

thanks

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LeonardoRatafia said:

when racing RX on Bikernieki the starting grid orded is displayed inverted, since v1.5

4BF0193790E3CD303F2B4FBA2B72AE241D855F10

B967302C093791FABDD1D20780177FFCFA2B0FEB

Could I please have the Uruguay country flag now in the profile options?

thanks

That was already in 1.5...

topic : Ethics'n'stages n°2 : random traps

Hi, (xbox deluxe gear)

I'd like to question the track alteration function

in the real, sudden track slippery changes are seldom, or detectable or predictable (visually or by progressive feeling assuming and guess), or predicted by copilot and crew survey just before the stages.

the way the random fall of grip happens during the driving, without visible sign or any anticipation way, feels very frustrating to me, and, i 'd confess, with an emotion of "unfair" : what does it mean ? i should reduce global speed "in case" a trap would cross the track, or, if i still push to normaly manageable speed, i am suddenly "punished" by random deficiency that i did not "deserve"...(i mean not faulty drive action)

(on top of that, vision is sometimes bothered in the real, but in the game, it is a permanent -and over ranged ratio for me- unconfortable stress, with abusive shades and sunlight in the eyes and blurred ability to see clearly where you step in; that gives me a kind of sadistic sabotage impression)

so, am i psychotic, or what do you guys think about it ?

12 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

I found that when the sound bug last hit me, pausing the game and fiddling with the audio output settings on my Xbox One X (switching it from stereo and back again etc) brought the sound back. 

In-game or in the xbox console settings?

Had the sound-cutting-out bug the last 3 days 2 times per day. Really frustrating.

Posted (edited)

In Historic mode none of the dlc locations (Monte Carlo, Sweden, Germany) seem to be appearing as part of the championships. Is this just me? PS4, Deluxe

Edited by Brenkidda
Platform and product type

still missing sound-bug!!!!!1 I drove long stage in New Zealand and still there are that f*king all sounds missing-bug! 

10 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

In-game or in the xbox console settings?

Had the sound-cutting-out bug the last 3 days 2 times per day. Really frustrating.

Xbox console settings. Just pause the game and go to 'audio output' in the console settings, and change, eg from 'stereo uncompressed' to 'Dolby 5.1 uncompressed' and back again.

Return to the game and carry on rallying!

It's worked for me both times I've tried it. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Created a 4 event custom rally championship.  The game prompted me to select my vehicle before events 1 & 2 (chose the Lancia S4), but when I started event #3 I didn’t get the vehicle select prompt and automatically got the Audi instead. 

Bug, glitch?  

The voice in the start sequence is louder than while driving. (PC, 1.6)

Posted (edited)

Great fixes and improvements thus far, liking Wales a lot, BUT there is still a sad issue with the water splashes where the water insta evaporates like methyl hydrate:

More severe with no mud left over:

Edited by bn880
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

System: X-Box One S (latest firmware-update & game version 1.6)

Reproducible: yes, happens always

Location: Time Trial -> Wales Rally -> Sweet Lamb (or Pant Mawr) -> 4th sector -> pretty much in the middle -> 2nd jump at peak point

But obviously everywhere in the game, with that specific location. Not visible on Geufron Forest (or Pant Mawr reverse).

Experienced in: SUBARU Impreza 1995 in cockpit view (visible in multiple camera views + replay).

Bug/Issue:

There is an ugly white flicker on the road (probably the edge of 2 road textures coming together), looks really bad.

Not tested with other road degredation/weather conditions than day/clear/dry (1st option in time trials).

System: Xbox One S, however, it could be appearing on other platforms too

Reproducible: as far as I know, yes

Bug/Issue:

Cant believe no one's noticed it if I'm honest, but, when selecting Dyffryn Afon or the reverse version, the opposite thumbnail appears.

As in, when selecting the time of day and conditions, the wrong map appears, the reverse of what it is meant to be. However, once the course has been selected, the correct map is shown in the event calendar and the loading screen. I can get pictures if this needs more explaining.