DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.6: Bug Reporting Thread

Question

IMPORTANT: Read and understand this entire opening post before replying, as providing the right amount of detail will help out the team immensely in tracking and resolving any bugs that arise, thanks.

DR2_Lancia_DeltaS4 (3).jpg

Hello everyone.

Version 1.6 of DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now and contains a number of features and bug fixes based on community feedback. The full patch notes can be found here:

The DiRT team is always on the look-out for any bugs or issues that arise as a result of updates, so if you have come across any please post them in here. Your contributions to previous threads have been very useful in helping the team plan not only for version 1.6 but additional updates in the future.

Before posting, please make sure to follow these guidelines. Without adequate information the team will have trouble identifying and fixing bugs, so please provide as much info as you can:

• Check if a bug has already been reported.
  • If a bug has been reported and you are experiencing the same issue, hit the image.png icon.
  • The more popular bug posts will have a better chance of catching the attention of the team.
  • If a bug cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed.
  • When you experience a bug, please try to trigger said bug again if you can, and show us the steps you went through to trigger it.
  • Text steps are good, video even better.
  • One post per bug (or one bug per post, to put it another way) please, for our tracking purposes. That way every bug gets its own URL for us to investigate.

Please also provide the following:

• What platform you're playing on.
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

on restarting on time trials sometimes the engine noise vanishes or goes to literally nothing. you have to go back to main menu and load the map again to get it back.

@caerphoto I think that I should add some screenshots to show the problem with the Polo R5's wheels. I believe you took some and posted on Discord. Could you repost them here for me, since they are your screenshots and I don't want to post what's not mine? Would be appreciated.

PC steam

all the time

wales rally, sweetlamb stage, intermittant water splash, also wipers dont always auto wipe after going through ford.... not that theres much water ha

also, the sound (not sound cut out bug) of the car on replays keeps disappearing, all other sounds like skids and rain ok, but no engine sounds with certain camera angles

MM

• Agree 1

The watersplash is meant to vary based on how deep you go in / where.  AFAIK

The auto wipers are just a bug IMO.

Right, second (higher up) splash is shallow, you'll typically be going fast enough to clear most of it's depth.

11 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

on restarting on time trials sometimes the engine noise vanishes or goes to literally nothing. you have to go back to main menu and load the map again to get it back.

Can confirm - same problem, PC.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:38 PM, Awasaky said:

@PJTierney

Do you plan fix offroad framerate drops in some patch?

Yes.

We've seen it happening, which helps the team track the cause.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, LeonardoRatafia said:

when racing RX on Bikernieki the starting grid orded is displayed inverted, since v1.5

4BF0193790E3CD303F2B4FBA2B72AE241D855F10

B967302C093791FABDD1D20780177FFCFA2B0FEB

Could I please have the Uruguay country flag now in the profile options?

thanks

Known issue.

19 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

System: X-Box One S (latest firmware-update & game version 1.6)

Reproducible: yes, happens always

Location: Time Trial -> Wales Rally -> Sweet Lamb (or Pant Mawr) -> 4th sector -> pretty much in the middle -> 2nd jump at peak point

But obviously everywhere in the game, with that specific location. Not visible on Geufron Forest (or Pant Mawr reverse).

Experienced in: SUBARU Impreza 1995 in cockpit view (visible in multiple camera views + replay).

Bug/Issue:

There is an ugly white flicker on the road (probably the edge of 2 road textures coming together), looks really bad.

Not tested with other road degredation/weather conditions than day/clear/dry (1st option in time trials).

Got a clip?

On 7/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, Dytut said:

The setup bug in clubs is still there. Setup resets to default after one stage.

Known issue.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, scottish-jim said:

This one's taken from gameplay recording in a Club Event in  Viñedos Dardenyà inversa - Spain but it happens in other stages too.

Can you get it to happen every time you do this Stage, like in Time Trial or My Team?

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Can you get it to happen every time you do this Stage, like in Time Trial or My Team?

Sorry for delay in replying @PJTierney - Must have missed the notification!

i only did the stage once but it recently happened in Germany, Spain, New Zealand and Australia. (Dailies)

I'll try and get a moment to go through the footage and see if I can recreate it

Not sure how quick I can do it though

PS4 Standard - Deluxe Version

From trackside replay - R2 Daily 16/17 July - Bidno Moorland Reverse

Engine sound disappears!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Got a clip?

Well, yes @PJTierney

Made several Game DVR clips and screenshots, but the quality is not really good.

On the 2nd video you can see it on around the 26 sec mark on the ground on top of the second smaller jump. The beginning shows the fence to the last few corners of the stage "Pant Mawr".

It's really not that biggy, but it is ugly because the scenery is beautiful and pretty dark and this just destroys the immersion a bit in that moment. And it bugs me now everytime I see it 😄

EDIT: It took me ages to learn how a simple upload + showing it here in forum works. I'm feeling stupid now.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

Wales has broken replay cameras too. They don't focus on the car properly. Very annoying.

I play on the Steam version.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Wales has broken replay cameras too. They don't focus on the car properly. Very annoying.

I play on the Steam version.

Noticed this on Baumholder too. Focusing on the top half of the car in places.

25 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Noticed this on Baumholder too. Focusing on the top half of the car in places.

The Germany stages have been like that since release.

Wrong spelling in German text (PC)

In the event edit menu (Event bearbeiten) the text for random conditions is misspelled.

wrong: Zufällige bedingungen

correct: Zufällige Bedingungen

I did one test lap and abort in sector 4 then it recorded as my best lap. Leader board is not reflect this result but remain on my pc. after that lap delta and ghost became completely useless. I don't think I can beat this record on myself so I want you to solve this problem.

Windows 10 HOME/i3 4160/RX570/RAM8GB/Deluxe edition/STEAM
20190718141139_1.thumb.jpg.4007c4f8c5c127e362ca84abffd00aae.jpg20190718141220_1.thumb.jpg.c08845402fcb63db7dcaec8305a83a8b.jpg20190718143703_1.thumb.jpg.2495ca64c6df125a176cda9cc272a340.jpg

I don't have an image but someone in our league lobby on Sunday night had the rain glitch where it looks like something from Star Wars rather than rain. 

Platform Ps4

2 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

I don't have an image but someone in our league lobby on Sunday night had the rain glitch where it looks like something from Star Wars rather than rain. 

Platform Ps4

That’s interesting to hear, i thought that got fixed/removed a few months ago now 🤔

Posted (edited)

PS4 Standard - Deluxe Edition

Surprise... :classic_tongue:

Back again with the Rewards Screen problem :classic_rolleyes:

Now I know @PJTierney said he had mentioned it to CM and that they were looking into it but I thought I would remind them that it's still happening!

Please, please, pretty please fix it 🙏

Oh! and a bit more info on the screen would be great See My Suggestion...

As there is no Stage info on the image you'll just have to guess which one it is 🤣

rewardsbug.jpg

Edited by scottish-jim
Fixing a Typo again... (Can't seem to type today!)

On 7/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, Vandinghy said:

"Blow off" sounds of the cars with turbo.

When using my wheel and pedals (T300rs+pedals) I get the blow off sound only when I down-shift without any braking-input.

My search for possible culprits has been: 

1. My sound equipment (I.E headset, speakers etc.)

2. The pedals

3. My TH8A-shifter

4. Different gear-setups: semi-auto, sequential, manual with shifter, with/without clutch-override etc.

5. Lastly I tested various saturation changes in the advanced settings

At first I thought this was an oversight and how turbo-cars was handled until found a video of the world record run of some argentinian stage with a keyboard. This is where I heard the "blow off" sound as it should be, on throttle-release.

I tested afformentioned "culprits" though the last one (5) was the one who caught my attention. Reducing my throttle-saturation to about 40/150 is where I started to hear feint blow-off from my car although not enough in my opinion. Reducing it to 1/150 was of course the sweetspot for the awesome flutter that the Mitsubishi Lance Evo VI does.

Driving the 4wd-cars on 1/150 throttle-saturation is fine, however becomes less then ideal when driving the powerful rwd-cars.

Is there a quick fix to this, or is this something Codemaster might wanna have a glance at is what I am wondering? 

Posted this in the general discussion but realized maybe it is better to post it here

Do you have a video of this? Would be really appreciated to see what you mean. Thank you.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CM_Ads said:

Do you have a video of this? Would be really appreciated to see what you mean. Thank you.

Watch both of these clips and you will hear a "blow-off" sound on every throttle-release with the keyboard-video.

Watching the steering-wheel clip (From the chase-cam) you won't hear any "blow-off" while releasing the throttle, only when shifting up or down.

I got the game to make the "blow-off" sound everytime I release throttle on my T300rs-set with throttle saturation at 1/150 in advanced settings.

Now this is personal maybe, but I am truly in love with turbo-flutter hence this is a pressing issue although not game-breaking.

And thank you for the answer, hoping this might clearify this bug a little bit. If not then come back to me.

Edited by Vandinghy
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Good night pc game when it seems to happen to all of us users that disappears the audio during the game or in the replay that the audio disappears and comes back do the possible to remedy this error thanks

Edited by Mrco