DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.6: Bug Reporting Thread

Hey there 🙂

I'm a fussy old git so when I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 I expected/wanted a AAA title.

Some of you may already know that I like to use replays.

With a AAA  title there is a lot of attention to detail which I think is great. Things like the car mirrors shaking when I'm revving the engine at the start line is quite impressive.

Here is a second video showing some missing detail in a Wales replay.

Not a major bug I know but it would be great if it could be fixed some time in the future. 👍

Posted (edited)

you had found the "focus wrc transformer style" game's easter egg :classic_biggrin:

Edited by grancab
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Look what happened while rallying in Łęczna Country.

20190720221502_1.thumb.jpg.c88c6de44849e3688858f9954f78db8f.jpg20190720221514_1.thumb.jpg.c1431e145d90f19f9079e4424b0a2059.jpg20190720221759_1.thumb.jpg.ddcf791f6c6324f73a70dd607113dc9b.jpg20190720221831_1.thumb.jpg.110d67ebd152ecab745ee899873a4715.jpg

Did you call the organizers to stop the stage? That's obviously a terrible accident. Ambulance is needed immediately...

EDIT: Nevermind, both driver and co-driver are out and talking. Amazing safety of these modern rally cars. Rollcages can even withstand reality bending.

Edited by warpengage

3 hours ago, grancab said:

you had found the "focus wrc transformer style" game's easter egg :classic_biggrin:

it's the game's first official livery for that car

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
  • What platform you're playing on. 
  • - Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • - Dell XPS 15 9570. intel i7, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • - Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • - Nope

the current monthly bonus community challenge is bugged. it is Group B RWD.

EDIT: I have replicated the bug, this time in the current Monthly NR4 D+ community challenge. so it wasn't that particular challenge that was bugged, but it seems to be something to do with retiring an event (so far just tried retiring the first event), loading the second event location, and then quitting to the main menu.

• I retired the first event (New England) without driving it, so the game was ready to send me to Germany.
  • then I quit DR2
  • when I came back, selecting the championship sent me to the car selection screen again, but with the 2000cc class!
  • I selected the C4, and it loaded up New England again!
  • I quit back to the menu again, and then the game crashed.

I restarted the game and then recorded the problem again:

Edited by ianism

Not a bug, but a suggestion:

The lighting in Wales is superb, but it is let down by the sunlight during 'sunset' stages.

The sun seems to cast a thick yellow light that makes everything look metallic and wrong. And it's a shade of yellow that clashes with the other subtle lighting. I think at the very least, if the sunlight had some red added to it, so it appears a bit more orange, that would blend in better with the current palette.

I'm pretty sure this also applies to other stages but it seems especially noticeable in Wales.

Hello @PJTierney,

Two bugs on my side:

1. Tyres in Career Mode — game shows alaywas that the chosen ones are Medium. No matter what I've used in the stages before. It sure shows that they are used/worn after stages, but will show them as Medium no matter what I had chosen for the two stages before current Service Area. Also, the tyre swap count doesn't decrease in such scenario, just like the game didn't know I've already swapped the tyres before.

2. The Start Time in Poland's sunset is still incorrect (no matter the stage, it's just always incorrect for sunset). I live in Poland and we don't have sunset so early in the morning. Would you please be so kind and fix that please.

Otherwise great game which turned out to be even greater. I really hope for more seasons, and I am really afraid how the new GRID will handle for me after growing accustomed to DR2.0 driving model, ha ha (being a purely arcade racer for years). Thank you!

bug.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/19/2019 at 10:49 AM, PJTierney said:

Any idea what Stages, Events etc. this is happening in?

Any way to help reproduce it on demand will help nail down what is causing it.

I happened to me with the current weekly challenge in Wales on ps4 standard. It was undrivable this way. Had to bail out.

Not a bug, but a small request. Can this option return for RX?
image.png.9c02091102865a56e95467888d4dd2a1.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Did someone else noticed this in RX online before? That you choose a car, but the competitor racer get your car and you get his car.

I had an online RX event organised contesting of four events, first one was Trois Rivieres (sunset / dry / wet track).
I chose the Tohill MK7 Fiesta and was with just one more guy in the session. It loaded the track and then I got the Impreza. The other driver was listed with the MK7 Fiesta (which no one chooses normally). So I started to doubt myself as I really chose the MK7 Fiesta, but now got the Atko Impreza (while my livery selector for Impreza is standing on the Deluxe Blue/White livery I checked later). When the race started I saw the other guy was in my chosen Tohill Fiesta

Platform: PS4 Pro
Owner: Deluxe version
Session: Online (I was hosting)
Event: 1 of 4
Track: Trois Rivieres (Sunset, no rain, wet track)
Type: Single race (so no full event) with 5 laps
Amount of entries: 2
Chose car: MK7 Fiesta with Tohill livery
Loaded car in session: Impreza with Atko livery.

Possible reason of bug:
- Only happens with these two liveries
- Only happens when session has two person
- Only happens in this session combination
- Only happens when the other driver not choose a car (and game decides?)

image.thumb.jpeg.7aa5809e40a4e005844f2077271034eb.jpeg

• Like 1

Can't uninstall DLC
Hey, Guys! I have a problem with DLC section on Steam. I can disable some DLC on Steam but DLCs depots still can't be deleted automatically. All I can do is manually delete DLCs files on disk to save some SSD space. Can you please link DLCs to it's own Depots so it could be deleted automaticly if needed? Fix it! Thanks in advance.

https://funkyimg.com/i/2VDMc.jpg

2VDMc.jpg

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

PS4 Standard | Deluxe Version | Logitech G29

Hello again 👋

My 3rd issue with Wales Replay...

This time it's a disappearing Engine Sound again - Daily Challenge 20/21 July - Pant Mawr Reverse

Engine goes silent briefly...

Edit: I've just gone through the rest of the Replay and there are two more section with no Engine Sound! 🙁

Edited by scottish-jim
Add a bit more info...

Started up DR2.0 and went into My team and Events, doing first the RX Daily (outside view), then I went into the Daily in Wales driving the Lancia H3, and I got the weather effects shown in attached picture. My system is a PS4 Pro. There is absolutely no way to see anything driving! Shouldn’t this been fixed by now?? 🤨

72673FF4-7E79-4379-8FFA-C6D896E5438A.jpeg

On 7/19/2019 at 6:49 PM, PJTierney said:

Any idea what Stages, Events etc. this is happening in?

Any way to help reproduce it on demand will help nail down what is causing it.

Hi PJ

The two times it has happened to me have been once on the current NR4/R4 monthly on the Australian stages. Last or second last one in heavy rain. May have been Mount Kay Pass Reverse but not 100 percent sure

Other time it happened was in a FWD H2 AI daily early last week. Pretty sure it was Ocean Beach Sprint Forward but could have been Te Awaga Sprint Reverse. Once again in heavy rain

Have done quite a few stages since in varying degrees of rain (including heavy rain), but have not encountered the Martian death rays

Funny enough I just did the same RWD H3 daily in the Lancia that Kjell007 did, and the rain was fine (bonnet cam though)

Spooky stuff man

Seems random and might be just on PS4 (i'm on PS4 standard)

Only started happening since the latest patch that came with the Wales update

I will post here when the Martian death rays appear again (I can hardly wait)

Cheers and doing a good job PJ

On 7/21/2019 at 10:28 AM, Hardy said:

Hello @PJTierney,

Two bugs on my side:

1. Tyres in Career Mode — game shows alaywas that the chosen ones are Medium. No matter what I've used in the stages before. It sure shows that they are used/worn after stages, but will show them as Medium no matter what I had chosen for the two stages before current Service Area. Also, the tyre swap count doesn't decrease in such scenario, just like the game didn't know I've already swapped the tyres before.

2. The Start Time in Poland's sunset is still incorrect (no matter the stage, it's just always incorrect for sunset). I live in Poland and we don't have sunset so early in the morning. Would you please be so kind and fix that please.

Otherwise great game which turned out to be even greater. I really hope for more seasons, and I am really afraid how the new GRID will handle for me after growing accustomed to DR2.0 driving model, ha ha (being a purely arcade racer for years). Thank you!

bug.jpg

Both of these issues are noted and will hopefully be looked into for the next update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't know if this has been reported but group H3 RWD Renault has got sequential gearbox when you select manual h-pattern with clutch/sequential option. I don't think any H3 car had a sequential gearbox, right?

I guess not many people drive Renault, it's ok on tarmac but behaves very weird on gravel IMO.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, danielofifi said:

I don't know if this has been reported but group H3 RWD Renault has got sequential gearbox when you select manual h-pattern with clutch/sequential option. I don't think any H3 car had a sequential gearbox, right?

I guess not many people drive Renault, it's ok on tarmac but behaves very weird on gravel IMO.

It's actually one of the fastest H3 cars if you can keep it under control.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

It's actually one of the fastest H3 cars if you can keep it under control.

Interesting. I find it very unpredictable under throttle and I feel like I can actually have better control over Stratos. Perhaps I should give Renault a bit more love. 

Correction, it didn't till I did a rewind, then it did. Weird😶

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Agree and reported the same about the gearbox. 

Despite appearances this is a mid engine car. Combined with such a short wheel base it does make for unique handling. Especially on gravel where traction is lower.

Edited by KoAStR
It can be quite twitchy but possibly my favourite H3 car when I get it right.
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, DimJones said:

Can't uninstall DLC
Hey, Guys! I have a problem with DLC section on Steam. I can disable some DLC on Steam but DLCs depots still can't be deleted automatically. All I can do is manually delete DLCs files on disk to save some SSD space. Can you please link DLCs to it's own Depots so it could be deleted automaticly if needed? Fix it! Thanks in advance.

https://funkyimg.com/i/2VDMc.jpg

2VDMc.jpg

Maybe people did not understand my English ... I will describe the situation more simply. In pairs we can choose the tracks we need (Monaco, Sweden, Wales). If the tick is set, then this route is in the game, if there is no tick, then there is no route. With DiRT Rally 2.0 it does not work. I remove the tick, but the files of this route still occupy disk space. With each update the game becomes more, and the place of the disk is less. I want this problem resolved. I do not need at least 4 tracks. It takes not small place. A temporary solution is to delete the files manually, but I am sure that with the release of the new patch, the tracks I do not need will be loaded again. Guys, please support me.

In short:

Steam DLC section is not working correctly now, it only hides DLC ingame without deleting the files itself, that happens because of improper 'Steam Depots' configuration.

Edited by DimJones

1 hour ago, DimJones said:

Maybe people did not understand my English ... I will describe the situation more simply. In pairs we can choose the tracks we need (Monaco, Sweden, Wales). If the tick is set, then this route is in the game, if there is no tick, then there is no route. With DiRT Rally 2.0 it does not work. I remove the tick, but the files of this route still occupy disk space. With each update the game becomes more, and the place of the disk is less. I want this problem resolved. I do not need at least 4 tracks. It takes not small place. A temporary solution is to delete the files manually, but I am sure that with the release of the new patch, the tracks I do not need will be loaded again. Guys, please support me.

In short:

Steam DLC section is not working correctly now, it only hides DLC ingame without deleting the files itself, that happens because of improper 'Steam Depots' configuration.

Our game releases the new tracks and content as part of the update for everyone. This allows all players to play together when in custom online and lets players that haven't purchased content try them out when we give preview events in My Team. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CM_Ads said:

Our game releases the new tracks and content as part of the update for everyone. This allows all players to play together when in custom online and lets players that haven't purchased content try them out when we give preview events in My Team. 

All new DLC content should be selectable if player is not needed some tracks, it can save a lot of SSD space on disk. I understand the main purpose of content updates for all users in My Team or Custom Online modes but it's not the case for a Free Play mode. I don't need some tracks in Free Play and my SSD space is not unlimited too.
I can disable some DLC content in many other games and it will be deleted on disk automaticly but not in Dirt 2.0
All I ask is a freedom of choise whether I need some tracks or not

Edited by DimJones