DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.6: Bug Reporting Thread

1 hour ago, DimJones said:

All new DLC content should be selectable if player is not needed some tracks, it can save a lot of SSD space on disk. I understand the main purpose of content updates for all users in My Team or Custom Online modes but it's not the case for a Free Play mode. I don't need some tracks in Free Play and my SSD space is not unlimited too.
I can disable some DLC content in many other games and it will be deleted on disk automaticly but not in Dirt 2.0
All I ask is a freedom of choise whether I need some tracks or not

This is how most (racing) games work with DLC. You always have the full game including the DLC content installed. The DLC you buy, is basically only a ticket that open the DLC content in the game. This is how it works for RaceRoom, Call of Duty, GTA V, Red Dead, etc. because it is all integrated, and to be sure the game is as stable as possible (otherwise you need to work with different versions of content with different kind of versions of the game). So if you deselect a DLC in DR2.0, than basically you just turn off a ticket but not uninstall a part of the game.

Xbox One, standard - sound bug

During replays using TV style camera the engine sound randomly goes mute for a couple of secs and after it comes back. Experienced it on many cars on every Wales stage. Other sounds (like road surface noises, enviroment sounds goes normal, only the engine sounds cut completely. Quite frequent bug, it happens at least once during each replay. I havent driven other locations since Wales came out so I don't know is this a location related issue but I guess it's not.

4 hours ago, JorritVD said:

This is how most (racing) games work with DLC. You always have the full game including the DLC content installed. The DLC you buy, is basically only a ticket that open the DLC content in the game. This is how it works for RaceRoom, Call of Duty, GTA V, Red Dead, etc. because it is all integrated, and to be sure the game is as stable as possible (otherwise you need to work with different versions of content with different kind of versions of the game). So if you deselect a DLC in DR2.0, than basically you just turn off a ticket but not uninstall a part of the game.

It's true but the same system works in Hitman 2 and it has no problem with deleting DLC files, so it should be possible if devs will investigate and link DLC apps to it's own depots. 

Having a problem on Xbox one, deluxe version. turbo sound for the Subaru wagon is inaudible 95% of the time.

11 hours ago, Tomatopotato said:

Having a problem on Xbox one, deluxe version. turbo sound for the Subaru wagon is inaudible 95% of the time.

There isn't a wagon, wait, do you mean the 2008 WRC?  anyway, that car barely has any turbo sound at all IRL, so this is correct.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

There isn't a wagon, wait, do you mean the 2008 WRC?  anyway, that car barely has any turbo sound at all IRL, so this is correct.

It’s the 2000cc class Subaru Impreza. For some reason I can only hear a blow off valve about 5% of the time. Not sure if it’s supposed to have one or not but it randomly turns on. Stage 5 engine map

Edited by Tomatopotato

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: 

Career rally, before a stage i select soft tires. At the next service area, the game tells me that I used medium tires and there isn't sign of wear. During the stage I assume that the game made me use medium tires.

15641616074841960974160.jpg

On 7/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, cirad said:

German pace note error on Ascension bosque Montverd (PC version, 1.6)

In the second section the co-pilote says »Macht zu bei Mast« (tightens at mast/pylon), but there is no mast. I assume the pole is meant, but in German this a »Pfosten« while a »Mast« is something bigger for power cables for example.

pace-note-error.png

I've played in English now. It is clearly a wrong translation of "pole".

Wrong German translation of "struggle" in RX.

That the opponents struggle was translated with "sie haben Probleme" what means more or less that the opponents are in trouble or have technical problems. I wondered about that before playing in English.

16 hours ago, Tomatopotato said:

It’s the 2000cc class Subaru Impreza. For some reason I can only hear a blow off valve about 5% of the time. Not sure if it’s supposed to have one or not but it randomly turns on. Stage 5 engine map

I know the one, and that is correct, this car is internally waste gated, so it'll be quiet nearly 100% of the time.

Posted (edited)
  • PC
  • Intel I7 4770, 16GB, RX480
  • Deluxe user
  • G27

1) Confirming the turbo blow off sounds do not play when releasing the throttle on pedals (even when side-stepping the pedal), they play fine on keyboard and gamepad.

2) Main bug i'm reporting.

Engine idle audio is not always playing, instead the engine sound (when engine idling) is playing the "under load" condition in the physics engine.

Issue was very apparent in versions 1.5 and earlier, happened around 90+% of the time - i was able to slightly cut how often it happened by using the CPU affinity "trick" of knocking off one core (prior to the loading time fix in 1.6)

In version 1.6 the chance of this bug happening is drastically reduced, maybe 10% of the time you will experience the bug now.

Reproduction

Load up any stage, time trial, daily etc, if the bug occurs, the engine will not be playing the idle sound, instead it will use the sound used when the throttle is being pressed at say, 1% and sub that sound in during the time it should be playing an idle sound.  It's most obvious and easiest to hear with the cars that have a very distinctive idle, Delta Integrale, R5 208, WRX 2008 etc.

For a daily, or AI challenge, you can listen to the car rolling up to the line and it's even more obvious - most of the time, the idle will reset when the handbrake is pulled (as is the case in the example video below) however, sometimes it doesn't change and you're still stuck with the wrong idle sound during the stage.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Please codemasters ban whith first place and second place. Cheat time, dayli event lancia fulvia, 25/07/2019

64AE6D292DE09AC98ED356D96623596E32601E35

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1809, Intel Core i5-4570 3.20 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB.
• Deluxe edition user.
• Graphics set to Medium
• Fanatec CSL Elite PS4.

Bug: 

I'm unable to change the FOV or the cockpit driver and wheel preferences. It used to work before (1.5?). I'm unable to tell what changed since.

Reproduce:

Start a time trial (stage rally)

Go to Game settings -> Preferences. Change Camera Field of View.

Apply and Continue

No change in graphics

Same with Cockpit Driver & Wheel. The Resume Countdown settings will change if switched from Off to On, however.

See screenshot below. Note that there's no change indicator anywhere, FOV is full at Narrow, Cockpit Driver & Wheel set to On. As apparent in the background, the FOV is still very wide, and there is no wheel or driver arms visible.

Caveat: These settings work just fine in rallycross time trial. But not in stage rally time trial.

What I tried to fix it:

Restore Defaults for Preferences

Change graphics resolution, Display Mode, VSync, and Preset Mode

Multiple restarts of DR2.0 and PC

image.thumb.png.059984abe4f470c916c42927131ab1ea.png

Edited by soong101

Xbox One X.

Deluxe content purchased, downloaded, installed.

Content not available in-game. Blocked from entering community events with message 'You are missing the required content - Deluxe Content'. Console has been re-started, and DR2.0 loaded after a different game was loaded first. Multiple times.

Tell me this issue has been sorted and there is a work-around, please? @PJTierney

7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Xbox One X.

Deluxe content purchased, downloaded, installed.

Content not available in-game. Blocked from entering community events with message 'You are missing the required content - Deluxe Content'. Console has been re-started, and DR2.0 loaded after a different game was loaded first. Multiple times.

Tell me this issue has been sorted and there is a work-around, please? @PJTierney

Sounds like you're missing the license token for Deluxe Content.

Are you sure there's absolutely nothing in the Ready to Install list?

It doesn't sound like a game issue, but rather an Xbox issue. If you don't see anything in there tweet @XboxSupport

24 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Sounds like you're missing the license token for Deluxe Content.

Are you sure there's absolutely nothing in the Ready to Install list?

It doesn't sound like a game issue, but rather an Xbox issue. If you don't see anything in there tweet @XboxSupport

Thanks PJ. I've tried it just now and it allowed me into the community event, so it seems like all's good.

• Agree 1

Windows don't break no matter how hard you try.

Hi to all ,  I really love this game … But after the Faster loading times update  I have to many graphical pop ups and even if I use Ultra graphical settings I keep getting some missing textures for a sec . 

Is it any option to fix that ? Thanks

Posted (edited)

PC, Windows 10 1903/i7-8700k/32GB RAM/2080ti/ CSW2.5 +RSR-Wheel

It is very annoying that the cars turn nearly exactly 180 degrees when they come close (means touching)  a fence or rock for example in Australia, Monte Carlo, New Zealand - . It used to be the same in Sweden (snowbanks in DR1), so it is not anymore (DR2)  (which considerably improves the fun factor)

Edited by Flens07

Only one weather condition for Sweden Time trial, and with clubs at Sweden there´s no option to choose spare tyres at service, it´s grayed. 
Sometimes co-driver still says finish multiple times.
PS4 Pro.

Windshield auto on/off setup is still broken at game setups.
You don´t need those at dry conditions because windshield do not get dirty area where wipers affect, on or off, no matter.
If you just could give us option to shut those down by manually before startlights go green, same for lights...sometimes you like to use lights at sunset, you have to put those manually on after race is on.

5 hours ago, Flens07 said:

PC, Windows 10 1903/i7-8700k/32GB RAM/2080ti/ CSW2.5 +RSR-Wheel

It is very annoying that the cars turn nearly exactly 180 degrees when they come close (means touching)  a fence or rock for example in Australia, Monte Carlo, New Zealand - . It used to be the same in Sweden (snowbanks in DR1), so it is not anymore (DR2)  (which considerably improves the fun factor)

What do you expect to happen, when touching a fence? Sliding at it like in Burnout?

Just as a reminder: This is NOT an arcade racer.

Guys please stop complaining about your own mistakes and asking for cheese. Just stay away from fences, rocks, poles and signs. These things are build in to punish you, if you're doing a mistake. If you hit them, you are probably on a bad run anyway.

And to be a little helpful: If you are very close to hitting a fence, just steer in the opposite direction of the fence, the hole time you scratching it. It keeps the car often from "stucking" into the fence. But doesn't work, if you hit the fence with a very high speed or if the angle is too much towards the fence. But if you just gonna "touch" it a bit, it works.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Just as a reminder: This is NOT an arcade racer.

That´s why I have written about it.

I've seldom seen a car spin it that way when it struck a fence so far . That`s my 5 cent to ingame-realism ... every time 180 degrees  - that´s a kind of magic

Edited by Flens07

6 minutes ago, Flens07 said:

That´s why I have written about it.

I've seldom seen a car spin so far when it struck a fence. That to realism ... every time 180 degrees  - that borders on magic

It depends really what type of fence you hit and where + in wich angle.

Don't really see a problem here with the physics, it's pretty realistic to spin if you touch a fence, just avoid them. And yes, I hit them too, sometimes. Especially in Australia in the fast section.

I just don't want that making mistakes doesn't get punished anymore.

I did the weekly community challenge in poland yesterday and on the last stage on the finish line I hit the left red finish thing at full speed -> DNF. Hated the game, the developers, the controller and after a few minutes only myself hitting it.

It needs to be that way to be thrilling. Every mistake could be your last, you know?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

None of the cars, don't have disc glow when you brake.

Edited by Ph4s3