DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.6: Bug Reporting Thread

Hi Dirt-team,

When you choose French as copilote language there's a French flag next to Prevot's name. But Stephane Prevot is a belgian and not a frenchman.  Could you please change the flag? 🇫🇷 ➡️ 🇧🇪

Thanks 😉

SpillieWRC 

Posted (edited)

PC i7 8700k - RTX 2080ti - 32GB RAM - actual drivers - no overclock

It is still the case that you can see a darkening of the Mini-Cooper in the hood perspective in the lower area.

Zwischenablage01.jpg

Edited by Flens07

Posted (edited)
  • What platform you're playing on: Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam): i9, 32GB RAM, 2080TI
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user: Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.: Fanatec wheel base, HE Pedals, Fanatec Handbrake, TM Gear shifter

Stuttering as before nothing changed -> frametime up to 45 ms, left part of the picture, 1st line FPS, 3rd line frametime
after unplugging a device while game is running (e.g. gear shifter) stuttering is gone ->  frametime 7 ms (right part of the picture), you see high frametimes as long as I'm in the menu but as soon I'm on the stage, all is very smooth as it should be.
I also checked what's happening if I crash in the trees. You can see a frametime jump after pressing recover vehicle (in the picture the 2 spikes to the right).

When I restart the game with the gear shifter unplugged the stuttering is back and I have to unplug a second device (e.g. keyboard).

DR2_framedrops_5_v1.6.jpg.02504e3e3a2a8d1aeb3c904c8843df3a.jpg

=> the stuttering is very annoying and with this spikes in frametime it's no fun and not usable, so no wonder that in the sim racing forums a lot of people have already dropped this game.8

Handbrake more or less a digital button even if it's a analog handbrake.

As mentioned before, Fanatec SDK not updated, Kunos had done this after 1 week, CM not even after a few months.

Edited by Peter Mathen
handbrake added

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, PJTierney said:
  • What platform you're playing on.
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.

Steam, PC

FX8320E, RX470@4Gb, 16 GB DDR3, DxDiag in attach

Drivers updated, Windows 10 Pro last update, last patch - same happens AGAIN.

Deluxe version of game.

All periperal is standart, no additional drivers etc.

Bug Description:

low FPS drops when you get off the road

Where the bug happened.

Catamarca province Argentina, Calle de los puentes a la inversa, Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface, Car can be any, Mode can be any, tested in Time Trial and Career.

Have you been able to reproduce the bug?

It happens always. I still even can't play career.

If you have been able to reproduce the bug, post as clearly as possible the steps you went through to trigger it.

1. Start Game
  2. Choose Career first race or Time Trial
  3. Select Catamarca province Argentina, Calle de los puentes a la inversa, Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface, Car can be any.
  4. Start Race
  5. Do offroad drive, first I catch this bug, then try cut 1st left hard turn in pre-release version. It often happens, when car gets into offroad.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Awasaky

Posted (edited)

You forgot to specify what bug you're experiencing. :classic_biggrin: 

Is it the low FPS drops when you get off the road again?

Edited by Riggs
  • Haha 1

Sorry but the new Lancia Delta S4 engine sound is bad,there is a bug on Ps4!only in neutral in very low rev sounds great but in higher rev it sounds very bad! 

• Confused 1

I have an issue where my computer freezes for 3 or so minutes at every finish line in rally mode. I can't fix it.

PC
    1080ti, 16GB RAM, i7 8700k
    Deluxe user
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
    OSW large MIGE motor, https://www.simracingbay.com/osw-assembled-direct-drive-kit-new/

Not that important, but the portuguese translation of hard tires is still wrong. It's "DURO", not "difícil". 

PS4, Deluxe

In the clubs, the settings are always lost after the 1st stage after the service park

• Like 1

PS4, Deluxe

club : (Expert Dirt Championship)

it's missing my pilot info in the leaderboard

1EA7E0F1-DF39-46B6-AC1C-0B4D97AA29AE.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GregPit81 said:

PS4, Deluxe

In the clubs, the settings are always lost after the 1st stage after the service park

Known issue since 1.5, currently working on it.

18 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

The new "Consolidation Finals" elimination setting in custom RX events needs a toggle on/off in event settings rather than just being on regardless, current World RX events do not do consolidation finals

Is this happening also in the FIA WRX game mode?

One could make the argument that if it's only happening in Custom that Custom events aren't official recreations of the FIA WRX Championship.

18 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

The rallycross start lights do not work at Mettet, Belgium or Bikernieki, Latvia

Was tracked after 1.5 and is being worked on.

19 hours ago, ApologistsUnite said:

1) Rev Lights are STILL inverted on Fanatec hardware? 

Was tracked after 1.4.1 and is being worked on.

• Thanks 2

General thing in RX, when a AI driver gets damage or a puncture and is driving slow, it continues to drive slowly on the track and causes the other AI drive slow when the caught up with him.

As far as i know:
- If being lapped in real life, you can't continue the event
- If the car is being in a dangerous position (lets say racing line or close to the racing), the race will be red flagged and restarted (without the crashed car)

So i think the best is to do as following:
A) when a AI driver will drive very slow because of damage , he will park the car in a safe spot and DNF.
B) when a AI driver totalled his car on or close to the racing line, the race should be red flagged and be restarted (without the totalled car).

An other option is that the AI driver will, in the situation of A, park the car and dissapear from the track after a few second, and when tototalled, also dissapear after a few seconds. The problem now is that the AI will be slowed down and that harms the racing.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

General thing in RX, when a AI driver gets damage or a puncture and is driving slow, it continues to drive slowly on the track and causes the other AI drive slow when the caught up with him.

As far as i know:
- If being lapped in real life, you can't continue the event
- If the car is being in a dangerous position (lets say racing line or close to the racing), the race will be red flagged and restarted (without the crashed car)

So i think the best is to do as following:
A) when a AI driver will drive very slow because of damage , he will park the car in a safe spot and DNF.
B) when a AI driver totalled his car on or close to the racing line, the race should be red flagged and be restarted (without the totalled car).

An other option is that the AI driver will, in the situation of A, park the car and dissapear from the track after a few second, and when tototalled, also dissapear after a few seconds. The problem now is that the AI will be slowed down and that harms the racing.

Very good idea. I agree.

17 hours ago, Riggs said:

-- PATCH v1.6 Bug List --

Based on v1.6's changelog and taking note of the fixes it brings, here's the updated bug list reported in the v1.4.1 thread, which represents all the bugs that still need fixing

Lighting Department

CRITICAL

1. The visibility during some stages in New Zealand and Australia is nearly null when played on Sunset or Dusk conditions and the headlights have no effect. This applies to any rally when run on Sunset/Dusk and sometimes cloudy weathers, headlights have no effect at all when turned on. Headlights don't seem to light far enough during night time as well in rallies like Poland and USA, they could use a draw distance boost because there's some sort of black fog.
    https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/35657-dirt-rally-20-v12-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=415484

There seems to be an under-exposure or shadow problem.

About lighting at night (click):

60 FPS -> Low-Medium settings. 28 FPS -> Maxed. Nearly no difference in the lighting range aspect, despite some more definition.

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

2. There's also HDR/Bloom/Over-exposure or Draw Distance fog incoherences between interior cameras and bonnet (and/or other exterior cameras).

Please check this post: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38591-dirt-rally-20-version-15-bug-reporting-thread/?do=findComment&comment=433911

LOW

1. Headlights are missing some glow+lens flare effect from DiRT4 at night when watching from outside. (DR2: 20190522190619_1.jpg | D4: 20190522184311_1.jpg )

+1 --> Agree for Lighting Department 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:
20 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

The new "Consolidation Finals" elimination setting in custom RX events needs a toggle on/off in event settings rather than just being on regardless, current World RX events do not do consolidation finals

One could make the argument that if it's only happening in Custom that Custom events aren't official recreations of the FIA WRX Championship.

I've only seen it in custom events as I've not played the WRX game mode yet, waiting for the rest of the tracks first 😉

That is true however a toggle on/off would still be appreciated to at least give us the option to play the way we like

• - Steam, PC
  • - i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 750Ti 
  • - Deluxe
  • - No

Bug:

• In Bikernieki, Latvia during RX races, if you want to leave your joker to the final lap, the spotter will tell you to joker on the penultimate lap as if it is the last lap - noticed in custom events and my team events
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Riggs said:

You forgot to specify what bug you're experiencing. :classic_biggrin: 

Is it the low FPS drops when you get off the road again?

Yes, I'm tired write same bug every patch, sorry. 🤣

Drivers updated, Windows 10 Pro last update, last patch - same happens AGAIN.

Edited by Awasaky

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Known issue since 1.5, currently working on it.

Was tracked after 1.5 and is being worked on.

Was tracked after 1.4.1 and is being worked on.

I know it was already in 1.5, but I'll say it again because you have not solved this problem.
your priorities do not seem to be the same as mine

hi,

running deluxe, xboxone, this week-race in Argentina, (grBrwd) after v1.6 upgrade,

stage nearby the village still have shaking flashy area since v1.0. it occurs everytime.

• Like 2

#2 Hi,

-running deluxe, xboxone, this week-race in Argentina, (grBrwd) after v1.6 upgrade,

porsche 911 appears dislocated body parts, we see intern structure of the car but the body is messy and misses parts such as roof, (without any damage), notice this was mentionned b4 in previous notes

#3 Hi,

-running deluxe, xboxone, today poland daily 13km stage, (grBrwd) after v1.6 upgrade,

the copilot announcement at arrival of the stage is wrong. (in french, since v1.0, already reported)

visual is high speed crest on right 5-6, over blind narrow left 4minus, then arrival gates.

this is a damn trap, after the crest it is too late to adjust and this final left is not announced

there is a special female french voice short words after passing arrival 

Posted (edited)

Ps4, deluxe player. The Audi sport quattro s1e2 is stated as having a 5 speed manual gearbox, but when using "h+clutch or sequential", it is a sequential gearbox...

Edited by Opassac
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Platform: X-Box One S (with latest firmware and game version 1.6)

Location: My Team -> Garage -> Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross -> Engine Upgrades

Issue:

Engine-mapping #5 and #6 are reversed in order and don't work.

The symbols are in correct order showing "IIIII" and then IIIIII", but the info boxes are reversed + on #5 it shows a full power bar like it should be only on #6.

If I click on one of the last two, I get the standard "not working sound effect".

Research says 0% and the circles are complete empty, despite had them filled at first (at the same time simultaneously), but in the moment both were complete, they showed 0% again with empty circles.

No chance to update these at the moment.

Ford RS200 Evolution from the same category seems to be working properly.

Not introduced with update 1.6, that issue was there since release of the DLC.

Everything in the german version of the game, in case that is important.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
Forgot to mention thats the german version.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

no major problem, but i want to report it. i noticed that

after the update the crew in the skoda fabia r5 in the works livery changed colors of their suits.

before the update the suits were some kind of white, black and some red. now they are simply green.

are there some more color changes ? only played the r5 since the update.