Sign in to follow this  

is f1 2013 worth buying on ps3

Personally I'd buy 2013. You can probably get it for cheaper, and I prefer the driving on 2013. If you're using a controller, then there is a wider range of skill. On the controller 2014 has assissts still turned on, even when they're turned off. When you have traction control, and abs turned off, it's still very hard to break traction, or lock your breaks.

So I think in terms of a controller, 2013 is more challenging, and I prefer the 2013 cars to drive because of the speed.

If you have a wheel I would consider 2014 as the game becomes a lot harder, but a lot more fun. They're both of a similar quality and it really depends on what tracks you'd prefer to drive. Personally I'd go for 2013

Have to agree although I think it also depends on how you like your AI as well as the AI on 2013 is a lot moer aggressive a bit too aggressive for my tastes in my case if I had to choose now between the 2 games I'd choose 2014 as the AI and feel for me on 2014 is better and feels moer like the 2010-12 games

No, put money towards 15
I don't know about that as I'd rather buy 2013/14 than 15 at the moment if I were in his place
There's no point in discussing F1 2015 for the PS3... :wink: 

On topic: I'd go for the season you enjoyed most, but personally I prefer 2013.

No, put money towards 15
I don't know about that as I'd rather buy 2013/14 than 15 at the moment if I were in his place
There's no point in discussing F1 2015 for the PS3... :wink: 

On topic: I'd go for the season you enjoyed most, but personally I prefer 2013.
Agreed given it's not coming out on PS3

Depends what you playing with really, 14 is great with a wheel as the cars are a real challenge to drive and the AI are alot quicker than on 13. If using a pad then 13 is the way to go! 14 sucks on a pad as there is no challenge at all :( There is no turning assists off on a pad so id imagine it becomes boring very quick on a pad.

F1 2013 is the better game for my money. The 2013 cars are a bit easier to handle than the 2014 cars if you have a wheel, but if you need more of a handling challenge you have the classic cars to play with as well, which are a ton of fun. The tyre wear is more of a factor to be reckoned with in 2013 too... Sure, it's a bit scripted and OTT, but a lot of cars *did* have serious tyre wear issues at the start of the season.

F1 2013 is my favourite, I couldn't stop playing it. Even now that I have F1 2014, I still play '13 every once in a while. There's something about it that I love in terms of handling and it's extremely additctive. You should also be able to find '13 relatively cheap. Not sure if you're a wheel or pad user, but if you use a pad then definitely get F1 2013- '14 sucks on the pad. 

2013 is the best edition for me (I am on PS3 pad control)

In addition to things others have said there are 4 extra tracks as well as the classic cars but you need to get the right edition. I got the complete edition, I guess it was around £25 and good value for money IMO. 

I have played 2014 a little on the pad, didn't like it so much. People said that the wheel on 2014 felt very good.

Edit : Oh yeah, a lot of people comment on the tyre wear in 2013 - it's hard to manage for some people. 

For me f1 2012, I liked the 6 world champions challenges
yeah F1 2010 and 2012 are my 2 favourites of the series and I play them the most in fact running through a career mode on 2010 again right now. About half way through my second season atm.

yeah F1 2010 and 2012 are my 2 favourites of the series and I play them the most in fact running through a career mode on 2010 again right now. About half way through my second season atm.
What does it feel like compared to 2013? I was thinking of playing one of the games again.

For the OP I'd say F1 2013 for certain if you use a controller as the assist bug in 2014 makes a the game very unenjoyable to me.

Andi said:
What does it feel like compared to 2013? I was thinking of playing one of the games again.

For the OP I'd say F1 2013 for certain if you use a controller as the assist bug in 2014 makes a the game very unenjoyable to me.

I think drivability wise I think the 2010 cars aer probably the most stable. I haven't played 2013 for a while but from what I remember 2013 cars do tend to handle a lot like 2011 in that both games cars tend to be very twitchy 2013 being more twitchy than 2011. I tend to use a grip mod to assist with 2013 anyway when playing as I fin d the cars  a little too twitchy for my taste and what with the AI's aggressive nature in the game as wel it makes the game doubly hard. I've never won a championship in 2013 yet but that doesn't mean to say that I won't go back in and try at some point.

I'm kind of alternating between 2010 and 14 atm and having great fun with both. Had a great battle with the Red bulls at Silverstone and that was great fun. Lost out to Vettel in the end of that race by 1 second but I beat Mark Webber  so felt good about that. I've had a lot of interesting battles in that middle stretch of the season and it's been fun.