Sign in to follow this  

Please, codies, allow us to play with the features we want

There should option when you start career mode. Like "Driver transfers: yes/no", "contract negotiations every 4 races: yes/no". Or at least sliders. It's really annoying to play with these unrealistic career features, it just ruins the whole realism of the game.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

It’s made career mode the most fun I’ve ever had. Season 2 was wide open and exciting thanks to transfers 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I just want the option to disable transfers ""mid season"".

And an option alter the teams performance in Championship mode, a randomise, equal or realistic option. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

It’s made career mode the most fun I’ve ever had. Season 2 was wide open and exciting thanks to transfers 

Let's put machine guns on the cars too. That'll be great fun. How about some "barbie rides a unicorn to her friend's party" music too, that'll be fun. What about pauses in the gameplay so we can target parts of the track to blow up? That'll be fun. Maybe pickups on the track to give us boosts and slowdowns etc. That'll be fun. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

I dislike the driver transfers as well. Why are there 2 fictional F2 guys on the grid instead of the actual drivers I want to race, if I had known that I would have skipped the F2 intro to career. How realistic is it that 2 newbee F2 drivers would beat Hamilton and Verstappen? Also seeing Vettel in a Mercedes or Raikkonen in a Williams just creeps me out. I want to race the grid as it is in 2019. On top of that mid season transfers are very unrealistic in modern F1 unless a driver is performing really badly or his sponsers pull out.

So I would welcome the option to select if driver transfer are on/off curing career mode.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This was a big discussion 2017 and 2018. All guys in the forum wanted driver transfers like FIFA...

Now, Codemaster has delivered and again, it's not right. :classic_blink:

Nevertheless, an option would be the best choice. Player which don't like driver transfers could switch it off. From my point of view i like driver transfers, because it isn't already the same season after season. But i agree mid season transfers are stupid and should be removed. It makes no sense to negotiate your contract four times a year. Prior to each season would be fine for me. The perks, like better Pit Stops, could be reached by R&D. In my opinion that would make more sense, because why should a team do slower Pit Stops on purpose and after a new contract they say "ok, now we will perform a bit faster".

Edited by Akkan74
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Encarnia said:

I dislike the driver transfers as well. Why are there 2 fictional F2 guys on the grid instead of the actual drivers I want to race, if I had known that I would have skipped the F2 intro to career. How realistic is it that 2 newbee F2 drivers would beat Hamilton and Verstappen? Also seeing Vettel in a Mercedes or Raikkonen in a Williams just creeps me out. I want to race the grid as it is in 2019. On top of that mid season transfers are very unrealistic in modern F1 unless a driver is performing really badly or his sponsers pull out.

So I would welcome the option to select if driver transfer are on/off curing career mode.

The continued presence of Butler and Weber throughout career was pretty clear weeks before release, I don't think you can blame Codies for that. Also, mid-season driver changes happen pretty much every year, though I agree there should be some more logic to the ones we're seeing in F1 2019 right now.

• Agree 1

Yes mid season transfer is negative but I don't agree with everything else (Driver transfers: yes/no", "contract negotiations every 4 races: yes/no,...).

Why ? Because it's very difficult to develop options for players and there are many more important things than changing that.

10 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

At the end of the day, it's still a videogame, and the focus of a videogame is to bring fun.

• Agree 2

It's annual release syndrome. Drop some random new features in each year, keep the ones thst work and remove those that don't. Except...... I can think of a few features people really liked in previous games that have been removed now. 

Although it could be abused I guess cause its the same for everybody, ive never bothered with career due to dynamic weather, I like to set the weather to how the actual weekend was in real life.