The track is 0% accurate. It is so slow like it was before the resurfacing. This would be great if it was overlooked, because driving on that track is painful imo.

• Like 1

It's not the track that's slow... it's the cars. 
Once the patch drops and we get the 2019 performance, the times will massively drop..... hopefully.

That said, Turn 7 at Barcelona in completely impossible to drive effectively. The curb is sheer ice and regardless of how it's driven, the rear of the car kicks out.
And Turn 9 is wrong also. It's simply not flat out, as it is in real life.

Edited by Bankai3987
  • Agree 3

Is the performance patch actually going to change the handling model though so the cars have more downforce like real life? As far as I’m aware, the patch is only going to update the pecking order.

I am also getting extremely frustrated driving around a lot of tracks, the cats have much less downforce than real life. 

7 minutes ago, Luke1991 said:

Is the performance patch actually going to change the handling model though so the cars have more downforce like real life? As far as I’m aware, the patch is only going to update the pecking order.

I am also getting extremely frustrated driving around a lot of tracks, the cats have much less downforce than real life. 

According to David Greco, Chief for Driving Physics and Handling at CM, we will get more downforce in one of the upcoming updates.

Sadly no ETA was given...

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Thanks 1

Have you tried it with a fully upgraded car as that is about a 5 sec lap advantage to a non upgraded car . I had to start a new game on 18 a few weeks before 19 came out I was upto season 9 when the 18 game would crash to desktop every time it tried saving  the cars were fully upgraded for 4 seasons as was only getting little reg changes every other season . And the diffrence in speed and handling was noticeable streat away austran gp for example when car was fully upgraded doing 1.min and 2 sec in quali but after starting new game I was doing 1 min and 8 sec . After all its the whole point of the rnd and when you feel the upgrades having an affect its awsome im only talking about career mode thow 

9 hours ago, BMXTerminator said:

The track is 0% accurate. It is so slow like it was before the resurfacing. This would be great if it was overlooked, because driving on that track is painful imo.

What car setup do you use?

Here's what i use for Spain:

Aero = 8 / 11

Transmission = 50% / 60%

Suspension Geometry = -3,50° / -2,00° / 0,05° / 0,20°

Suspension = 4 / 5 / 4 / 5 / 2 / 4

Brakes = 92% / 56%

Tyres = 21.8psi / 19.5psi

With this setup i can drive on this track pretty normal, no issues with understeer and am doing low to mid 1:18's with a Renault.

Turn 9 can't be taken flat out unfortunately.

Curently the cars are indeed at least 2,5 seconds to 3 seconds slower to real life it seems, especially high and mid speed corners that are taken flat irl are much slower in game.

Fastest guys on PS4 did 1:17's on Time Trial for Spain, yet the irl pole lap by Bottas was in the 1:15's.

Either way, as noted above, a downforce patch will come, making laptimes drop even further.

We'll just have to wait.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Well, let's just hope that they fix the car handling at high speed as well, because IRL, the cars don't want to kill you at every single turn, they are glued to the ground. And the traction is easier IRL as well since Lando Norris himself spun several times, because he had simply no traction. However, I actually DO like the handling model being more understeery, it's way more realistic then last year's one, so I am thoroughly excited to see the aero improvement.

• Like 2