Sign in to follow this  

DS 21 engine sound too loud?

Does anyone also think that the engine sound in the cockpit view of the Citroën DS 21 is much too loud compared to the other cars? For this car I have to turn down the volume every time.

I watched several Youtube videos and the car seems to be quieter.

• Agree 1

An engine can sound too loud? 

It's a lot louder than any of the other cars. I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not.

• Agree 2

Dont drive it, but a Lancia or two generally makes me adjust the volume. Loud engines are great, but the overall volume can drown out the codriver. 

It's so loud because no other car puts in so much effort to get up a hill

It's loud to keep you awake when you are driving it! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

I've driven the DS21 quite a bit (for research reasons) and I actually think the Fulvia is louder unless one of the recent updates did something to the DS21 audio. 

Posted (edited)

the volume leveling between the engines and codriver calls is very inconsistent in general. the NR4/R4 class engines are very quiet, and the R5 class are quite loud in general, as just two examples. i find myself having to fairly regularly adjust the volume of the engine and codriver calls depending on which class i'm driving.

of course in real life some engines are louder than others, so i guess you could say it's accurate at least, but ... i think for the game the volume leveling should have been a bit more equal between the engines and calls across the different classes.

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Probably an irrelevant comment but I love this car so much. I knew it was used in rallying, but never expected it to make its way into a rally game. Driving it is so much fun, even if it's so ridiculously slow compared to the other two cars in its class. We need at least one more historic FWD (Saab 96) to make a four car class. I'm glad this game is not all about Subaru or Ford.

20190702130453_1.jpg

Edited by Nico
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1