Sign in to follow this  

The DiRT 3 Complete Edition - Now Available With 100% Less GFWL

L33TPilot said:
Thanks, but can you please do the same with F1 2010? It's like best F1 game ever made and I can't play because of crappy GFWL...needs to be Steamified.
F1 2010 is already on steam all the F1 games are

The steering wheel problem is not confined to Logitech wheels.
It happens in both modes on my Fanatec, and is maybe even a bit worse in the PC mode.

I fired up the old version of Dirt 3, and it's fine, so it's definitely something in the Complete Version is messed up.

L33TPilot said:
Thanks, but can you please do the same with F1 2010? It's like best F1 game ever made and I can't play because of crappy GFWL...needs to be Steamified.
F1 2010 and F1 2011 are both on Steam but still contain GFWL like DiRT 3 did until yesterday.

I'll ask again: @justbiglee, can you provide a list of any changes from the original game? You mentioned removing a box from the Alpine A110 dash, did anything else content-wise change?

@Hughesy It's a bug, hopefully get patched soon. I posted this on the steam forums. It might help a little. I mention the G27 because that's the wheel I have but it seems all makes are affected.

" this is not a fix! but makes it playable (for me anyway)

The G27 with the F1 games from codemasters had/have a problem with high FPS so go into:

Graphics Options and enable VSYNC, also check you're monitor refresh rate and set it to or below 120Hz (if that's an option for you) I only have the option of 60Hz. This locks my FPS to 60fps. For me this reduced the pull to the right.

1. Go into controls/advanced wheel settings and set Steering Deadzone to 0%
2. Go into Vibration and Feedback
Set vibration and feed back to "on"
Vibration Strength to 0%
Wheel Strength to 50%
Wheel Weight to 80%

As i said, this is not a fix and you will still feel it pull sometimes but I have been able to play all night and keep the car on the track.
Best of a bad situation untill they patch it out."

JackKey said:
Oh there has already been a new patch.
Really? I see no patch.

@Evilsmurf I only play at 60fps anyway, I have a 2560x1440p monitor. As for the wheel settings, not sure I could play without any feel from the ground and can't have wheel weight on at all due to a disability, heavy steering is a no no for me. Thanks for posting anyway, I hope they patch this sharpish.

@justbiglee Can you confirm you guys are aware of this problem, and trying to fix it? I posted on Steam forums like many others, but have yet to hear from you :) Not sure how this got past you guys, as it seems to affect every wheel user. 

The best workaround I've found, for the time being, is to keep playing the original version of DiRT 3 and DiRT 2.
The FFB glitch is specific to the Complete Edition.

I'm not sure if you can reinstall the original version of DiRT 3, if you've already deleted it though.
I had already heard about this glitch, so I didn't delete the original before installing the Complete Edition.

I don't have the original downloaded so that's not a fix, does anyone here have it installed? If so you could upload the ffb files. Or you could copy and paste them into the complete version, and if it works then upload the files?

Hughesy said:
JackKey said:
Oh there has already been a new patch.
Really? I see no patch.

And another "Update".
First one was around 80mb, second one was around 500kb.

Not what these are for. Maybe justbiglee can tell?

JackKey said:
L33TPilot said:
F1 2010 and F1 2011 are both on Steam but still contain GFWL like DiRT 3 did until yesterday.
you can run them off line though the GFWL can easily be bypassed by just ignoring it and creating a local profile. As they were programmed differently than dirt

Evilsmurf said:
Done that last night, the ffb folder is not the problem i'm afraid.
 :(  That sucks, I hope they can bring a fix out soon, as I really want to play it. I tried your setting btw (not the part about Vsync as I already use that) but those settings for FFB made no difference at all for me I'm afraid, you sure it's not a placebo effect on your part? What wheel do you use? I'm only able to use my T500rs at the moment, as I have no pedals for my GT2 wheel.

Back to playing Project Cars for me, until this is fixed.

i'm on G27, if I turn the Wheel strength down to 0% I get no pull at all, but also no ffb so setting at 50% lets me have some feedback where the right pull is not game braking for me to play. Vsync for me did reduce the pull slightly.

Setting the vibration strength to 0% stops the road effects adding to the right pull

and wheel weight is still (for me) very light even at 80%, I think this is because of the low setting I have in wheel strength.

This is all of course, settings that work for me and far from a fix but if it helps anyone its a bonus.

Fingers crossed for a quick patch turn around. 

JackKey said:
L33TPilot said:
you can run them off line though the GFWL can easily be bypassed by just ignoring it and creating a local profile. As they were programmed differently than dirt
Sure I know. The old version of GFWL didn't require an activated online-account, but most people don't know about the local profile because it's hidden in small wall of text. As well GFWL is an additional unnecessary additional Software that can cause problems like crashes, not starting and so on.

The older GFWL is not as aggressive as the one in DiRT 3, but for DiRT 3 as an example: DiRT 3 didn't start for me because, GFWL wasn't installed properly - and it didn't tell me that it failed. There was something missing, that wasn't installed, because I changed a minor thing in my OS. It took me very long to find out why it didn't work.

GFWL maybe crashed for him, anything is possible.

JackKey said:
JackKey said:
L33TPilot said:
Sure I know. The old version of GFWL didn't require an activated online-account, but most people don't know about the local profile because it's hidden in small wall of text. As well GFWL is an additional unnecessary additional Software that can cause problems like crashes, not starting and so on.

The older GFWL is not as aggressive as the one in DiRT 3, but for DiRT 3 as an example: DiRT 3 didn't start for me because, GFWL wasn't installed properly - and it didn't tell me that it failed. There was something missing, that wasn't installed, because I changed a minor thing in my OS. It took me very long to find out why it didn't work.

GFWL maybe crashed for him, anything is possible.
Agreed but I wouldn't expect to much help withthis though given CM have pretty much got all hands on deck working on F1 2015

простите что я вмешиваюсь но у меня проблема - как купить у вас контент  или приобрести ваш контент - машины расскраски 

простите но у меня уже есть игра на физическом носителе - я лиш хочу узнать у компании про бесплатный контент - так как сам магазин уже закрыт и я в неодумении мне не прислали этот контент - я покупать игру 2 раз не намерен 

игра у меня в гемс фор виндовс лайф сидит и дополнений никаких нет 

у них там куча контента лежит пылится - а я слюни глотаю и купить немогу - так как сам магазин закрыт 

ни карточки нету - ни патча не видать - невезет мне 

I thought this was an English forum. @PeteTheDuck Is this ok? Because they could be saying anything. :joy: