DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

The DiRT 3 Complete Edition - Now Available With 100% Less GFWL

Hughesy said:
I thought this was an English forum. @PeteTheDuck Is this ok? Because they could be saying anything. :joy: 
last I checked it was too looks like Hungarian/Russian though Have no clue as to what they're saying though.

Google translated each post, it's still quite difficult to understand the problem.

"I'm sorry but I already have a game on a physical medium - lish I want to know about the company free content - as the store itself is already closed and I did not send me neodumenii this content - I buy the game 2 times does not intend to"

"game in my GEMS odds vindovs Life sits and there are no add-ons"

"they have there is a lot of content is gathering dust - and I swallow saliva and can`t buy - as the store itself is closed"

"no card no - no patch can not see - I nevezet"

JackKey said:
L33TPilot said:
Thanks, but can you please do the same with F1 2010? It's like best F1 game ever made and I can't play because of crappy GFWL...needs to be Steamified.
F1 2010 is already on steam all the F1 games are
F1 2010 and F1 2011 are both on Steam but still contain GFWL like DiRT 3 did until yesterday.
you can run them off line though the GFWL can easily be bypassed by just ignoring it and creating a local profile. As they were programmed differently than dirt
Sure I know. The old version of GFWL didn't require an activated online-account, but most people don't know about the local profile because it's hidden in small wall of text. As well GFWL is an additional unnecessary software that can cause problems like crashes, not starting and so one.

The older GFWL is not as aggressive as the one in DiRT 3, but for DiRT 3 as an example: DiRT 3 didn't start for me because, GFWL wasn't installed properly - and it didn't tell me that it failed. There was something missing, that wasn't installed, because I changed a minor thing in my OS. It took me very long to find out why it didn't work.

Maybe he can't play because GFWL crashes on his rig, anything is possible.

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you an update on where we are with the key redemption, we now believe we’ve got most of the keys up and running and you should be able to redeem them via your Steam Client.

To redeem your key simply follow these steps
  • Load up your Steam Client
  • Click “Add a game” found in the bottom left of the window
  • Click “Activate a product on Steam”
  • Click “Next”
  • Follow the instructions and when asked enter your GFWL CD Key into the “Product Code” box – Make sure to include any hyphens and capital letters
  • Hit “Next”
  • Your code will then be verified and the DiRT 3 Complete Edition will be added to your library

If however you’re having issues redeeming your key still we’re asking that you send us the following information:

For boxed copies:
  • Please send an email to custservice@codemasters.com with the subject line “DiRT 3 Boxed Copy Code”
  • Please include in the email a photograph of the back of the manual clearly showing the code and if possible a copy of your receipt.
  • Please type out the key in your email and include as much information as possible regarding where and when it was purchased
For digital copies
  • Please forward the confirmation email you would have received from the online retailer at the time of sale with the key on to custservice@codemasters.com with the subject line “DiRT 3 Digital Copy Code”
Once we’ve received your email we’ll then validate the key you have sent to us and contact you back within 48 hours.

The more information you can provide us with the quicker we will be able to resolve your query. The closing date for these claims is Friday 24th April 2015 so please contact us before then.

Hi all, I have an update for you and it's good news!

We've found the problem and fixed the FFB issue internally.

The next thing we have to do is give it a bloody good testing to make sure it is 100% fixed. This will be done over the next few days, if everything goes smoothly *touch wood* we'll then upload the fix to Steam and get it distributed so we should have a patch out in the next few working days (next week). 

As ever I'll keep you updated, hopefully it passes testing OK :) 

Cool, can't wait to play DiRT with a wheel again :) I'v already completed half of the seasons using a keyboard :D

Hi all, I have an update for you and it's good news!

We've found the problem and fixed the FFB issue internally.

The next thing we have to do is give it a bloody good testing to make sure it is 100% fixed. This will be done over the next few days, if everything goes smoothly *touch wood* we'll then upload the fix to Steam and get it distributed so we should have a patch out in the next few working days (next week). 

As ever I'll keep you updated, hopefully it passes testing OK :) 
What was the problem? I have been searching in the config files to see if there was something that stuck out.

Stupid question I have to ask...is it me or is the horn dlc pack missing from the complete edition ?

RookieOne said:
Stupid question I have to ask...is it me or is the horn dlc pack missing from the complete edition ?
I've been unlocking quiet a few horns while going through the career mode, but I couldn't tell if those are from some DLC or not

guess i'll have to go through the whole game to see !

let's hope that ALL the dlc is in there :tongue: 

RookieOne said:

If you have Monte Carlo as your rally location (go and check it out in Time Trial) then you've got the most worthwhile DLC content

RookieOne said:

If you have Monte Carlo as your rally location (go and check it out in Time Trial) then you've got the most worthwhile DLC content
I agree, I honestly couldn't care less about those horn packs, just give me a car and Monte and I'll be busy for hours.

I'd rather unlock the ability to mute the horns, and the idiots jingling bells and screaming at the end of staggered start rally stages, while you're waiting for everyone else to finish.
I can't imagine anyone actually enjoys listening to some idiot spam their horn the entire time you're waiting for an 8-car staggered start to go off, do they?

anyone else having issue every time you hit Play and game would not load?
I already deleted the appache folder and every time I have to play, I had to install those 2 patches.

Uninstalling DiRT3 for now, re-installing DiRT2 since I never had to do this drama with DiRT2