Sign in to follow this  

The DiRT 3 Complete Edition - Now Available With 100% Less GFWL

Hi all,

First up I want to say sorry for just how long it has taken to move DiRT 3 to Steamworks and I would also like to thank you all for keeping up the pressure on us to move it over. Every day I have over a hundred notifications on my Steam account, there are threads thousands of comments deep about it and countless Tweets and Facebook messages - while you’d think it would be the kind of thing that would bug the hell out of me, you’d be wrong.

It just goes to show that you guys love DiRT and care about it a lot; I’m hoping you’ll bring that passion with you for where we’re going next...

...Anyway before I get into trouble, I’m pleased to announce that DiRT 3 is now available with 100% less Games for Windows Live.

You'll find it here on the Steam Store

As a thank you for your patience over this last year we’ll be upgrading everybody who owns DiRT 3 to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition, which will include all of our DLC for no extra cost.

If you currently have the GFWL version of DiRT 3 in your Steam Library you should now also have access to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition which should already be there your list of owned games. To play it simply select it from your library and click install.

However if you own a boxed PC copy of DiRT 3 or have a Games For Window Live CD Key you can now activate that CD key on Steam.

To do so simply follow the below steps:

• Load up your Steam Client
  • Click “Add a game” found in the bottom left of the window
  • Click “Activate a product on Steam”
  • Click “Next”
  • Follow the instructions and when asked enter your CD Key into the “Product Code” box (include any hyphens and capital letters)
  • Hit “Next”
  • Your code will then be verified and the DiRT 3 Complete Edition will be added to your library
  • And you’re good to go!

Those who originally purchased the game via Steam will notice that the now old GFWL version of DiRT 3 will still be in your library. You will still be able to play this version but it will still include Games for Windows Live and you won’t have access to the Complete Edition content in the old version – nothing will have changed with that older version.

Due to the differences with the two versions unfortunately your save files will not be compatible with each other. We know it sucks and we are sorry but it was unavoidable.

As an added bonus if you also happen to own a Mac you will now have access to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition via Steam on that too.

And of-course we’ve also included a set of Steam Trading cards for you to collect and added all of the original DiRT 3 achievements.

Finally thank you again for sticking with us and a big thank you to the rather awesome people at Feral Interactive who helped us with the work.

Keep it lit.

Update:
I want to try keep the bug reporting to one place if possible so the steam forums makes the most sense for now (hope that's ok?).

If you are having problems and need to report a bug read this http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631209590203/

If you can't redeem your CD Key take a read of this
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631209725838/

If your game wont start after installing try this
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631209697156/

Awesome! Strange date to reveal this finally though ;-)

Shame my PC is in bits at the moment, as I try to debug why a collection of old games crash on my PC (and not other peoples with a similar spec). Still, will register up for the GFWL-less DiRT3 as soon as I can!

@justbiglee, can you provide a list of any changes from the original game? You mentioned removing a box from the Alpine A110 dash, did anything else content-wise change?

This just made my day.
Now I just need to get my new Fanatec handbrake mounted tonight, and I'll be set.

Thanks, but can you please do the same with F1 2010? It's like best F1 game ever made and I can't play because of crappy GFWL...needs to be Steamified.

Azoresst said:
@justbiglee I still haven't the complete edition on my steam library... :smile: 
Give it a while to show up, I know @Evilsmurf  had the same thing but his showed up about 10 mins ago :)

(Even my copy only just showed up)

Azoresst said:
@justbiglee I still haven't the complete edition on my steam library... :smile: 
Give it a while to show up, I know @Evilsmurf  had the same thing but his showed up about 10 mins ago :)

(Even my copy only just showed up)
It's downloading now!!! Thank you! :smile: 

This is amazing. I couldn't even connect to my GFWL account anymore, so I thought I had lost the DLCs (I had bought the Complete Edition), but now I'll have them no matter what. Thank you so much for that. :)

I had all the DLC on PS3, but couldn't get it again, when I rebought the game on PC, due to GFWL shutting down.
It will be nice to have it again.

I didn't expect to get another game to my collection. Great to see.

Is it maybe possible for Dirt 2 just to get a simple patch that removes GFWL? There is not need for Online-MP or Achievements. Just disabling GFWL would be a great help. Then we could play at least in emulated Networks like Hamachi with friends, when GFWL finally shuts down forever.

Just tried it, and my G27 is pulling to the right constantly! This didn't happen with the old version, any ideas ho to fix it?

Just tried it, and my G27 is pulling to the right constantly! This didn't happen with the old version, any ideas ho to fix it?
The same happens to me too, only I have a Formula Force EX

Didzis said:
Gutted, after all this time, seems theyv'e managed to introduce some issues.

Any idea how to fix this @justbiglee ?

Just some info, i've tried with Vsync on and off, since i know that can cause issues with Codemasters FFB, but that doesn't help.

Checked D2, and right enough it works beautifully, so definitely an issue with D3, on my wheel. :/

Bit of a letdown tbh.

Didzis said:

Just some info, i've tried with Vsync on and off, since i know that can cause issues with Codemasters FFB, but that doesn't help.

Checked D2, and right enough it works beautifully, so definitely an issue with D3, on my wheel. :/

Bit of a letdown tbh.

Same here guys,  g27 pulling to right, not the wheel as tried with Grid Autosport. 

I have tried all manner of things all settings on high, low, mixed. 

I'm just a bit sad now, after getting all excited, and i know Codies have plenty of g25s and g27s in the house.

Keep us updated

thanks

This is a real minor thing, DLing now, but has the telemetry bug been sorted out?  It would always crash after an event.  I have resorted to installing an old copy (1.2 i think) for it to work with my gauges 

Didzis said:

Bit of a letdown tbh.

Same here guys,  g27 pulling to right, not the wheel as tried with Grid Autosport. 

I'm just a bit sad now, after getting all excited, and i know Codies have plenty of g25s and g27s in the house.

Keep us updated

thanks
Add me to that ever increasing list!! Pretty disappointed tbh

Didzis said:

Bit of a letdown tbh.

Keep us updated

thanks
Add me to that ever increasing list!! Pretty disappointed tbh
Any non-Logitech wheel users having this issue?

Update:
I want to try keep the bug reporting to one place if possible so the steam forums makes the most sense for now (hope that's ok?).

If you are having problems and need to report a bug read this http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631209590203/

If you can't redeem your CD Key take a read of this
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631209725838/

If your game wont start after installing try this
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321040/discussions/0/611702631209697156/

If nobody else beats me to it, I'll check later tonight, on my Fanatec.
That should be a pretty good test because I can fire it up in either PC mode, where it looks like a Fanatec wheel to the PC, or in PS3 mode, where it looks like a G25 to the computer.

GOOD JUSTBigLEE I WILL HAVE A LAST TRY FOR THIS GAME.. now we will expect DIRT's 4 announcement and infos! :D :p

Aww  :( - Dirt 3 GFWL-Version  just got completely removed from the Steam-Store. Will miss you ..... not!