Sign in to follow this  

The performance on the PS4 is a joke

This game runs at 20 fps most of the time. Multiplayer lobbies with 20 people are literally unplayable with all the stutter and lag. This is ******* joke. I know they allegedly fixed this in the last patch, BUT NOTHING CHANGED! COME ON CODEMASTERS! THIS IS EMBARRASSING 

• Disagree 1

Report the issue in technical support. That's how they learn about system issues. State which ps4 version you use and when it happens plus your gfx settings. Turning post processing down or off might help, plus lower any gfx options you can. I switched from ps4 pro to pc past year for the same reason. I can cope with 20fps if I have to in a beautiful shooter but in a racer I care less about how good it looks and more about how it runs. 

• Agree 1

I have found the game runs pretty well on my standard PS4. Don't know about online performance, but race weekends etc are fine for me. Pleasantly surprised by it, in fact. Certainly strives for 50-60fps most of the time and have never seen bad chugging like 20fps would do. 

• Agree 1

Xbox One X is the only console that runs this game at a constant 60fps with no screen tearing during gameplay. Confirmed by Digital Foundry.

PC or Xbox One X are the preferable platforms for F1 2019.

7 hours ago, HDR10 said:

Xbox One X is the only console that runs this game at a constant 60fps with no screen tearing during gameplay. Confirmed by Digital Foundry.

PC or Xbox One X are the preferable platforms for F1 2019.

PC is preferable? With all the stuttering, freezing and it not being able to run DX12 properly? Yeah, okay.

I'm on a PS4 Pro and have had literally ZERO performance issues. No FPS drops, screen tearing or any of the other stuff.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bankai3987 said:

PC is preferable? With all the stuttering, freezing and it not being able to run DX12 properly? Yeah, okay.

I'm on a PS4 Pro and have had literally ZERO performance issues. No FPS drops, screen tearing or any of the other stuff.

Well, the way it's described like xbox one x has the complete upper hand to ps pro, ps pro sometimes drops to a whopping 59 fps. 1 fps is offcourse a joke and unnoticable. Only drops on ps pro is online, especially when the are red bars in the lobby. Not only do they teleport but they cause sometimes huge framedrops. I simply don't understand why people are always to proud or arrogant to stay in a lobby full of green bars and they are the only red bar. Is it pure ignorance that they don't care that their connection will be causing a lot of issues in that lobby?

and i don't know how, but this year red bars are seriously all over the place, last year it wasn't that bad. This year is absolutely the rockbottom when it comes to redbar players who can singlehandedly cause mayhem and chaos in a lobby. 

And still they're too damn ignorant and just stay in that lobby, until he get's kicked. For godsake be a big boy and leave a lobby when you're the red bar connection. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bankai3987 said:

2 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Well, the way it's described like xbox one x has the complete upper hand to ps pro, ps pro sometimes drops to a whopping 59 fps. 1 fps is offcourse a joke and unnoticable. Only drops on ps pro is online, especially when the are red bars in the lobby. Not only do they teleport but they cause sometimes huge framedrops. I simply don't understand why people are always to proud or arrogant to stay in a lobby full of green bars and they are the only red bar. Is it pure ignorance that they don't care that their connection will be causing a lot of issues in that lobby?

and i don't know how, but this year red bars are seriously all over the place, last year it wasn't that bad. This year is absolutely the rockbottom when it comes to redbar players who can singlehandedly cause mayhem and chaos in a lobby. 

And still they're too damn ignorant and just stay in that lobby, until he get's kicked. For godsake be a big boy and leave a lobby when you're the red bar connection. 

PS4 Pro drops into the mid 50s on certain tracks, especially during rainy conditions when there are a lot of cars on screen. This is a fact that was confirmed by Digital Foundry. It also has screen tearing during gameplay. Again, these are verifiable facts. All of this despite displaying the game at a lower resolution than the Xbox One X. 

Edited by HDR10

1 hour ago, HDR10 said:

This is a fact that was confirmed by Digital Foundry.

Yeah... let's take just one test, by one individual, as gospel shall we.
Even if it does drop into the 50's... who gives a damn? It's still running faster than the Human eye can handle.

I'll refer back to my previous comment.
I've experienced no such issues, therefore the OP's comment that PS4 performance is a joke is itself, a joke.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Bankai3987 said:

Yeah... let's take just one test, by one individual, as gospel shall we.
Even if it does drop into the 50's... who gives a damn? It's still running faster than the Human eye can handle.

I'll refer back to my previous comment.
I've experienced no such issues, therefore the OP's comment that PS4 performance is a joke is itself, a joke.

You don't care about performance, or graphics for that matter, and so you've got very low standards when it comes to both. Others, like the OP, do care, and the fact that performance on the PS4 is objectively less than perfect bothers him.

I can't relate, because the Xbox One X runs this game flawlessly, as I and the professional gaming analysts over at DF have confirmed. 

11 hours ago, HDR10 said:

You don't care about performance, or graphics for that matter

Care to enlighten me on how you came to that conclusion?
At no point have I said I don't care. All I've said is that I've not experienced any such issues and pointed out that the OP is wrong about the topic. 
What he should've said was "Performance on MY PS4 is a joke".

I'm just not so hung up on resolution or frame-rates that you seem to be. I don't find any fun in obsessively comparing different platforms, of different specs, just so I can shout about how my system is better at something.

• Agree 1

Just now, Bankai3987 said:

Care to enlighten me on how you came to that conclusion?

You own a PS4 Pro.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

You own a PS4 Pro.

🤣 You're kidding, right?

Are you actually suggesting that because I own a Pro, it automatically means I care nothing for graphics and/or performance? 

I just............... what?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bankai3987 said:

🤣 You're kidding, right?

Are you actually suggesting that because I own a Pro, it automatically means I care nothing for graphics and/or performance? 

I just............... what?

That's correct. If you cared about either, you'd be gaming on a PC or Xbox One X.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HDR10 said:

That's correct. If you cared about either, you'd be gaming on a PC or Xbox One X.

I honestly don't even know how to respond to the level of idiocy that you just spewed.

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

Hi, while you and your misguided superiority complex are busy talking down to people about frames and pings and s***, we’ll be in the corner actually having fun playing the game, OK?

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Andrew210227 said:

Hi, while you and your misguided superiority complex are busy talking down to people about frames and pings and s***, we’ll be in the corner actually having fun playing the game, OK?

I'm having a lot of fun playing the game in a locked 60fps.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:14 AM, HDR10 said:

You don't care about performance, or graphics for that matter, and so you've got very low standards when it comes to both. Others, like the OP, do care, and the fact that performance on the PS4 is objectively less than perfect bothers him.

I can't relate, because the Xbox One X runs this game flawlessly, as I and the professional gaming analysts over at DF have confirmed. 

Jeez you can tell this guy would be a hoot at parties. You do realise it's possible to make a point and discuss something without being a douchebag right?

• Agree 2

Hi,

I had no frame issues at all, but after Monaco something changed, I have framedrops in Canada, and now in France as well, did something change from last Friday on? I play on the PS4 pro, nothing else installed in the back, no downloads…that is weird now. It was all fine incl Monaco, but after this it started.