F1® 2019 - Performance Updates and Patch 1.05 Patch Notes - Updated 17/07

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

You are Davide Valsecchi and I claim my £5 😉

It says the First 10 down will unlock correctly, doesn't say jack about the others....

Yes it will affect your career, hopefully not in an adverse, corrupt save kind of fashion. Every year people start career as soon as they get the game, knowing full well it will be patched and probably skew their enjoyment during the process, every time, year after year. It's like we never learn. 

It's a game, let's relax. The performance tweaks should rebalance things for a lot of people. 

Yeah I lost a career save due to it getting corrupted in 17 and it's why I chose to delay starting a career in 18 so CM could get their patching done before I started. Haven't started a 19 one yet but I probably will in the next few days or so. I may go back on it to do another F2 championship before then though

• Thanks 1

Things putting me off the game are the driver transfers. I dont mind the odd unrealistic move its a game but its just random (see motorsport.coms article for example on the games transfers)

Plenty of complaints about the car upgrades being super fast this concerns me also.

Sticking with 2018 for the time being 

• Agree 1

Still no information about customizable position HUD and HUD customization in general for consoles @Faya?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, AdamFreeman said:

Things putting me off the game are the driver transfers. I dont mind the odd unrealistic move its a game but its just random (see motorsport.coms article for example on the games transfers)

Plenty of complaints about the car upgrades being super fast this concerns me also.

Sticking with 2018 for the time being 

I'm fine with the driver transfers personally as I feel it'll keep things mixed up and fresh so for me that's a good thing as for the upgrades being fast. I think they were done that way for those that don't want to do all 10 seasons but a the same time want to feel like they're accomplishing something with the game in a career mode. As 10 seasons can take quite a while to navigate I think that's also why they introduced the rule change system too so that those of us that want to go the full distance will always have something to do and achieve in it. I've not started a career yet but that's my feeling based on what I've seen so far in Aarava's career and other stuff

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I'm fine with the driver transfers personally as I feel it'll keep things mixed up and fresh so for me that's a good thing as for the upgrades being fast. I think they were done that way for those that don't want to do all 10 seasons but a the same time want to feel like they're accomplishing something with the game in a career mode. As 10 seasons can take quite a while to navigate I think that's also why they introduced the rule change system too so that those of us that want to go the full distance will always have something to do and achieve in it. I've not started a career yet but that's my feeling based on what I've seen so far in Aarava's career and other stuff

Well... it's has to have some form of realism in it. Like hamilton to renault or something mid season while leading championship. Not really credible.

another main point aside from keyboard support on consoles and split assist/non assist ranked lobbies, THAT MY SETUP ALMOST EVERY ONLINE RACE RESETS TO STANDARD OR SOMEONE ELSE SETUP WHICH MAKES ME MORE AND MORE FRUSTRATED SINCE IT'S HAPPENING 9 OUT OF 10 RACES! THIS HAS TO BE ON TOP OF YOUR PRIORITY LIST.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

When will you correct the tyre compounds in Austria, Belgium and I think aswell in Russia and Japan? @Faya

(Austria has in game: C5, C4, C3 but in reality there were C4, C3, C2 used

Belgium will be C3, C2, C1 used and not C4, C3, C2 as it is in the game right now)

I´m not sure about Russia and Japan if its correct in game. In Russia will be the C4, C3, C2 tyres used and in Japan C3, C2, C1...

Edited by NMND

Posted (edited)

This is nice and all, but I'm still waiting for 1.04 to drop on Xbox One! Is that patch forthcoming or what?  Update - it's Friday and still no Xbox 1.4 patch??

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Well... it's has to have some form of realism in it. Like hamilton to renault or something mid season while leading championship. Not really credible.

another main point aside from keyboard support on consoles and split assist/non assist ranked lobbies, THAT MY SETUP ALMOST EVERY ONLINE RACE RESETS TO STANDARD OR SOMEONE ELSE SETUP WHICH MAKES ME MORE AND MORE FRUSTRATED SINCE IT'S HAPPENING 9 OUT OF 10 RACES! THIS HAS TO BE ON TOP OF YOUR PRIORITY LIST.

It depends on how you define credible though

Posted (edited)

No mention of fixing the game crashing constantly. Also, setups changing to balanced after qaulifying..@AlexTT These are basic things that every company fixes a week after a game is released. But you guys want to fix the ERS rain lights instead..... okay... back to rocket league I go then, since F1 2019 keeps crashing.

Edited by PureDriving

give us real car performance in leagues or the online championship back. ***

Is the performance update will also affect drivers? Or only cars performance?

eg Verstappen to become much faster than Gasly?

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Julian00017 said:

That's a really good question. The driver performances have also not been updated from last year's version it seems (apart from the new drivers), which is causing some issues such as Hulkenberg being consistently faster than Ricciardo.

I watched a Lee Mathers pre-release video and he says each driver had different driving styles to match there true life attributes I haven't started a career as yet because I'm waiting on the performance patch to drop guess I'm going to be disappointed on this feature 

1 hour ago, Julian00017 said:

I can't imagine the update doesn't affect drivers. 🙃

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, gtfclad82 said:

I watched a Lee Mathers pre-release video and he says each driver had different driving styles to match there true life attributes I haven't started a career as yet because I'm waiting on the performance patch to drop guess I'm going to be disappointed on this feature 

i watched some videos too and saw how excited they were about those league feature as example. At the end it turns out its completely senseless bs how it is.

So expect not too much if you dont want to be dissapointed.

Edited by KiLLu12258

Just wanna say first thanks for the update . A little communication goes a long way . But why are the rain lights on the rear wing only been patched on ps4 pro when its the same issue on all platforms from what ive read I know I havent got them on xbox one s I did see it on back of merc at last race monaca but the was a car between me and the merc the car infront of me didnt have the lights but I did see it on the one in front of that . And is the anything been done about the sc or vsc as the never come out had it once in austria 2nd season and that was only cause I used an flashback a couple times cause sainz keept spinning is around going along the track that leads to the fast chicane but it was a weird one thow as I used the flashback trice then on 3rd attempt I managed to keep out of his way and where he was spinning is before used the flashback the yellow flags popped up for a brief second even thow I had plenty of space to him so no cantact then sc came out but that has been the only time in 1 and a half seasons 

1 hour ago, gtfclad82 said:

I seem to be one of F1 2019's biggest defenders out here but even I will note that this is utter nonsense.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

Never realized ingame any different behaviour between drivers. Never see something like Verstappen without patience and a huge risky divebomb or Magnussen as a real hard defender. I don't know what they mean with "different driving styles", but for me the AI is completely the same except the car performance. Yes someone is a bit slower or faster in the same car, but different driving styles? They all have the same lines for racing, attacking or defending. Nearly the same strategies. I didn't see any AI driver taking a big risk and change early on Intermediates....

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

Never realized ingame any different behaviour between drivers. Never see something like Verstappen without patience and a huge risky divebomb or Magnussen as a real hard defender. I don't know what they mean with "different driving styles", but for me the AI is completely the same except the car performance. Yes someone is a bit slower or faster in the same car, but different driving styles? They all have the same lines for racing, attacking or defending. Nearly the same strategies. I didn't see any AI driver taking a big risk and change early on Intermediates....

Correct, AI has different skill levels between drivers but not a different driving style/personality. I'm OK with that but it always annoys me that they claim they do.

2 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Correct, AI has different skill levels between drivers but not a different driving style/personality. I'm OK with that but it always annoys me that they claim they do.

They definitely had different personalities last year. The most obvious ones were Magnussen and Grosjean, who were a tad more aggressive than the others. That was also linked to the interview afterwards, were you could say that you were an idiot magnet if there was contact between you and them.

Am I correct in assuming that this will only change performance in season 1? If I load my career in season 2, everything has already changed so much due to development, driver changes and rule changes so no need to tweak right?

3 hours ago, DeMilo86 said:

Am I correct in assuming that this will only change performance in season 1? If I load my career in season 2, everything has already changed so much due to development, driver changes and rule changes so no need to tweak right?

The patch could modify the current performance levels.