F1® 2019 - Performance Updates and Patch 1.05 Patch Notes - Updated 17/07

On the Xbox side of things I have a feeling it be two patches in one as you all know by now Microsoft like to take thier time on checking patches before either getting green lighted or red lighted. 

8 minutes ago, breezyskells22 said:

On the Xbox side of things I have a feeling it be two patches in one as you all know by now Microsoft like to take thier time on checking patches before either getting green lighted or red lighted. 

Ps4 user here but you may be right in what your sayin what people dont realise is it's not only a whole lot of work creating a patch but also as far as I know it costs quite a bit of money for each patch on different formats so cm might roll 2 patches in one for Xbox as you suggested to save on finances.

Posted (edited)

Will there also be track visual updates. Some of the kerbs at Silverstone have that new rumble strip kind of kerb especially last sector of track

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Never realized ingame any different behaviour between drivers. Never see something like Verstappen without patience and a huge risky divebomb or Magnussen as a real hard defender. I don't know what they mean with "different driving styles", but for me the AI is completely the same except the car performance. Yes someone is a bit slower or faster in the same car, but different driving styles? They all have the same lines for racing, attacking or defending. Nearly the same strategies. I didn't see any AI driver taking a big risk and change early on Intermediates....

It is a thing. Unfortunately it's just very minimal and less impactful than it was in the pre-2015 game. Verstappen and Hamilton have noticeably been more aggressive and crash-happy for me in every game since 2016, but in every other aspect the differences are basically unnoticeable and the cars make much more of a difference.

1 hour ago, Coffer said:

It is a thing. Unfortunately it's just very minimal and less impactful than it was in the pre-2015 game. Verstappen and Hamilton have noticeably been more aggressive and crash-happy for me in every game since 2016, but in every other aspect the differences are basically unnoticeable and the cars make much more of a difference.

It's your imagination that makes you believe this is a thing. It's not. The only reason some drivers may seem more aggressive than others is because of the different overall skill rating that they have, which makes it easier for some to pass other cars, as they have more out-and-out pace.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

It's your imagination that makes you believe this is a thing. It's not. The only reason some drivers may seem more aggressive than others is because of the different overall skill rating that they have, which makes it easier for some to pass other cars, as they have more out-and-out pace.

I've explicitly done tests for this in every game from 2012 onwards and no, it's not at all my imagination as it's backed by the game files themselves that show that there are behavioral modifiers that work outside of the boundaries of those skill ratings.

Edited by Coffer

3 hours ago, breezyskells22 said:

You may be right but in this case why CM don't tell us what is going on?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, breezyskells22 said:

On the majority of games, I get patches on Xbox either before, or at the same time as PS4 or any other platform. This has nothing to do with Microsoft taking their time.

Also, patch 1.04 is entirely worthless, anyways. There's nothing in there that you should be desperate for.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

What about a virtual rear view mirror? I'm unable to play the game in career mode (in cockpit view) without it. I regret buying F1 2018 and I won't buy F1 2019 without a virtual rear mirror.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I'm not to sure about having a virtual rear view mirror I can see it being used in multiplayer as an aid to brake test people as if we haven't got enough of rammers we'd have blockers aswell not for me on this suggestion.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, skiwi said:

What about a virtual rear view mirror? I'm unable to play the game in career mode (in cockpit view) without it. I regret buying F1 2018 and I won't buy F1 2019 without a virtual rear mirror.

Try TrackIR5. It’s not cheap but really great for cockpit view after you get used to it. 

A virtual mirror would be the easiest solution, but never heard anything about it from Codemasters. I think if it comes it will be 2020 or later. 

can we get an update on whether online championship will be added? such an important feature and not a single word from codies about why it was removed and what's happened to it. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, skiwi said:

Don't agree to a REAR view mirror, but if they were to do a virtual mirror, for me it'd have to be virtual wing mirrors where you see what you'd see looking at the wing mirrors. Anyways, let's not start this again as BluntRS or AScott might start chirping! Haha 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

Ps4 user here but you may be right in what your sayin what people dont realise is it's not only a whole lot of work creating a patch but also as far as I know it costs quite a bit of money for each patch on different formats so cm might roll 2 patches in one for Xbox as you suggested to save on finances.

So? That's business, your clients pay for a decent product, if it fails you have the obligation to fix it and deliver a working product. 

If it costs money, they should have delivered a decent product in the first place. Simple right? Do a good job, save money.

as a former business owner i know that it costs money to fix screw ups. But that's the risk of business. 

• Agree 3

Ah, you are correct, what I want are virtual mirrors indeed, not a rear view mirror per se, it's just that I have seen it being implemented in that way in other games. All I really want is to be able to look in my mirrors in cockpit mode.

I want my phone or tablet to be the mirror using the 2nd screen app from playstation🙈

6 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Try TrackIR5. It’s not cheap but really great for cockpit view after you get used to it. 

A virtual mirror would be the easiest solution, but never heard anything about it from Codemasters. I think if it comes it will be 2020 or later. 

I gave in and did this. I also play a lot of other sims so I was already looking to buy it. It's a pretty expensive solution but the immersion is greatly increased.

• Agree 1

Such a waste of time to release this game without the right performance for each teams  EVERY ******* YEAR!!! Took 2 years to make this game and working with f1 itself and can't even have authentic engine sound and realistic ERS.  You can't start a career with ****** pre season performance and randomly change it 1 month later. Mclaren is bottom team right when they are top 4 in 2019. If I start a career with mclaren and the patch hit my car is gonna be a top team and not see my progress during a season....

8 hours ago, martbloke said:

Don't agree to a REAR view mirror, but if they were to do a virtual mirror, for me it'd have to be virtual wing mirrors where you see what you'd see looking at the wing mirrors. Anyways, let's not start this again as BluntRS or AScott might start chirping! Haha 😂

Its @BluntRS Your Welcome :classic_tongue:

Am slow on the uptake, not ashamed to admit it, however talks of virtual mirror means to me a full rear view mirror view ( and yes not a fan at all, has no place in racing games in my opinion ), virtual wing mirrors ( which some said is what they actually ment, how am I suppose to know this ) for F1 dont have a issue with, just as long as theirs a option to force them off 😎 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

I'm not to sure about having a virtual rear view mirror I can see it being used in multiplayer as an aid to brake test people as if we haven't got enough of rammers we'd have blockers aswell not for me on this suggestion.

This is excalty how some ( not all )  use it in other games, also experienced the same with some using proximinty arrows for same reasons.

Assists aren't the problem, it hows some choose to use them thats the problem.

23 hours ago, gtfclad82 said:

The Days of Having to Pay for Patches to the Console owners are long gone , so the only ones to blame for Slow patch releases are the Game Companies themselves.

Although we have seen with other Games that Microsoft tend to take longer than the rest to approve the Patches.

• Agree 1

One must not forget, at times when it was not self-evident that one was connected to the Internet, there were no patches. Back then, the games had to be as flawless as possible. It's madness as a matter of course and therefore more and more mistakes are included in games. To be honest, this kind of thing should be forbidden or punished. After all, we pay a lot of money every year for a game which is still not really playable 2 to 3 months after release. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Punition said:

Such a waste of time to release this game without the right performance for each teams  EVERY ******* YEAR!!! Took 2 years to make this game and working with f1 itself and can't even have authentic engine sound and realistic ERS.  You can't start a career with ****** pre season performance and randomly change it 1 month later. Mclaren is bottom team right when they are top 4 in 2019. If I start a career with mclaren and the patch hit my car is gonna be a top team and not see my progress during a season....

Totally agree with you on the performance update its ridiculas even the pre season performance isnt correct its like its the performance of 2017 still . Mclaren in my career have the quickest car on 2nd season upto silverstone and the have had the quickest car from start of season . But still the havent won a race its always the mefc and Ferrari that win all the time even thow the havdnt got the quickest car . Cant waite for the performance patch to start a new career . Funny thing is thow by the time we get this patch its going to be close to when the game normaly gets released . Something as the performance of the teams should of been patched on release as I can imagine it messing everyones career up and having to start again 

On 7/12/2019 at 8:08 PM, martbloke said:

Anyways, let's not start this again as BluntRS or AScott might start chirping! Haha 😂

It's the same person