F1® 2019 - Performance Updates and Patch 1.05 Patch Notes - Updated 17/07

24 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Patch is live, still no fix for the stuttering/screen freezes on PC and no info that you are actually looking at it. 61 hours on record but I'm pretty much done with it, as it consistently ruins my races. Shame as apart from that it's excellent, but I can't keep playing with it  like this. 

Previously I never had stuttering/freezing. Since this 1.05 patch I am now getting stuttering/freezing.. 😞 seriously codemasters test your product.

Posted (edited)

I tested the patch and still the Lights working during the day bug is on the game, Hey @Faya do you know if this bug will be fixed soon thanks? 

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, squalles said:

congratulations, ruined the AI fights again

Is the AI bad? It’s great on the 1.04 patch 

12 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Is the AI bad? It’s great on the 1.04 patch 

yes, back giving you the position when outing of corners side on side, slowing down the car to back for ideal racing line behind you, like previous game

• Sad 2
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, squalles said:

yes, back giving you the position when outing of corners side on side, slowing down the car to back for ideal racing line behind you, like previous game

Sadly if this is true, we have ourselves to blame - by we I mean those who complained the AI were too aggressive.

This even happened in the beta but there were also people, I included, who said we had to be careful what we wish for as it'll make the game too easy like before. 

The AI in beta, and sounds like at launch, were great IMO. It's people who like to divebomb to overtake who get hit by the AI then moan they're too aggressive. You just need to learn that F1 cars are delicate in collisions and so be smart with your overtakes sheeeesh!

Anyways, I'm hoping this actually isn't the case and this comment is an overreaction! 

• Agree 11

4 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Sadly if this is true, we have ourselves to blame - by we I mean those who complained the AI were too aggressive.

This even happened in the beta but there were also people, I included, who said we had to be careful what we wish for as it'll make the game too easy like before. 

The AI in beta, and sounds like at launch, were great IMO. It's people who like to divebomb to overtake who get hit by the AI then moan they're too aggressive. You just need to learn that F1 cars are delicate in collisions and so be smart with your overtakes sheeeesh!

Anyways, I'm hoping this actually isn't the case and this comment is an overreaction! 

Well said 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, martbloke said:

***. Who would've complained about the AI. It was totally fine, a tad over-aggressive, but much better than a bunch of submissive Bottas-wannabes. 🤬

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

You kidding with AI right? Why they just couldnt fix only broken thinks for once omg

Edited by Neomo

why haas is better than mclaren and renault lol that a joke.

I only say this you ruin the game.
I bought F1 2019 not F1 2018 with 2019 livery. This patch is so bad, the car pass from understeer to oversteer, so crazy to see this difference. The timetable was more or less like reality (Except for GB) with eSports driver that go like F1 drivers, and the others back. Now all players could go faster than hamilton. Do you think it can be possible?! NO! You ruin this game that was quite playable
Good Job Codemasters 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

I'm seeing in other threads, a few saying the AI have been sterilized after 1.05..........Is this true other PC players? I hope not, as if it is, I won't download the patch when it pops up on my PS4! 😞

On 7/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, Andrew210227 said:

Correct, AI has different skill levels between drivers but not a different driving style/personality. I'm OK with that but it always annoys me that they claim they do.

Oh I don't know one thing I have noticed a lot in vids is Ricciardo does seem to like his divebombs up the inside much like his real life counterpart.

Is there going to be something implemented to prevent being able to shift down into Neutral accidentally?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Are you running OC? I see from your post history you have a water cooler, so this would be a fair assumption.

Try running without OC and any OC software and see if you get stutter. Not saying you will cure it, just asking if you have.

Yep, tried with my GPU and CPU on stock clocks, no joy unfortunately and without Afterburner running :classic_sad: 

1 hour ago, Punition said:

Can you list the order of teams after the latest patch please?

1 minute ago, Hughesy said:

Yep, tried with my GPU and CPU on stock clocks, no joy unfortunately and without Afterburner running :classic_sad: 

Have you DDUed your drivers? 

Do you run the game with default settings (detected) by deleting hardware_settings_config.xml and turning off any driver optimisations (i.e. Steam or GFE/Adrenaline) and let in-game settings decide?

If you post a dxdiag I can maybe suggest updates that might help.

Is the patch out for xbox yet? I got the game the day it released and it was nearly unplayable. I rebooted it up today after hearing about the 1.05 patch. It will not upload the patch. It's still on 1.03. What do I have to do if it's available? I also re installed the game and it didnt update. Help please 

1 hour ago, Punition said:

Probably because they were at the start of the season

03F2738F-743B-4BEF-ACCA-8E015274C7C7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HamsterRacer80 said:

I'm seeing in other threads, a few saying the AI have been sterilized after 1.05..........Is this true other PC players? I hope not, as if it is, I won't download the patch when it pops up on my PS4! 😞

Totally agree. Do you know if its possible to go back to a previous patch version on PS4? Ideally, Id like to try 1.05 to check out the changes myself, but given what Im reading here and how much Im actually loving the game right now (I play offline mostly anyway an have no problem losing online features) I may have to go back to 1.04. I dont think its possible and should probably just not install 1.05 at all when it becomes live, right?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Have you DDUed your drivers? 

Do you run the game with default settings (detected) by deleting hardware_settings_config.xml and turning off any driver optimisations (i.e. Steam or GFE/Adrenaline) and let in-game settings decide?

If you post a dxdiag I can maybe suggest updates that might help.

Yeah I always use DDU before installing new drivers. In-game defaults to ultra but it doesn't matter if i run ultra or low. I've spent many many hours trying to fix it, but when your job is literally fixing computers you don't really want to come home and spend time trying to diagnose issues. The fix will only come from Codemasters side, but I've seen people have this issue for a few years and Codemasters have never done anything about it. I've had every Codemasters F1 game but can't see myself buying the next one if this isn't fixed, which is a shame as I love the game itself.  I appreciate your help though  :classic_smile:

Don't know how to hide text on this version of the forum so I won't post the DX, nobody wants to scroll past all of that lol

Edited by Hughesy
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, martbloke said:

The AI in the Beta was aggressive without any sign of awareness. At release the AI was agressive but definitely with more awareness.

Wasn't the "blocking" in the notes referred only to qualifying/lapped cars?

From videos on YouTube it seems that RB is still painfully slow in straights...

Edited by sirio994