F1® 2019 - Performance Updates and Patch 1.05 Patch Notes - Updated 17/07

3 hours ago, Dreamer93 said:

I only say this you ruin the game.
I bought F1 2019 not F1 2018 with 2019 livery. This patch is so bad, the car pass from understeer to oversteer, so crazy to see this difference. The timetable was more or less like reality (Except for GB) with eSports driver that go like F1 drivers, and the others back. Now all players could go faster than hamilton. Do you think it can be possible?! NO! You ruin this game that was quite playable
Good Job Codemasters 

For me the times are not that important. When i play the game i dont compare what i do in the game to what Lewis does in real life... 

This may be a stupid queston, but does the rebalancing affect the MP-spec car?

1 hour ago, Andrew210227 said:

Totally agree. Do you know if its possible to go back to a previous patch version on PS4? Ideally, Id like to try 1.05 to check out the changes myself, but given what Im reading here and how much Im actually loving the game right now (I play offline mostly anyway an have no problem losing online features) I may have to go back to 1.04. I dont think its possible and should probably just not install 1.05 at all when it becomes live, right?

If you download 1.05 patch and save the game, it's not possible to go back anymore

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PapesB710 said:

Is the patch out for xbox yet? I got the game the day it released and it was nearly unplayable. I rebooted it up today after hearing about the 1.05 patch. It will not upload the patch. It's still on 1.03. What do I have to do if it's available? I also re installed the game and it didnt update. Help please 

Read the updated thread from Faya 😉 PS4 and especially Xbox players are always getting patches some days later, maybe even a week.

To the PC gamers: Could you explain how much impact it has on the handling? Does it feel better? Are the cars still feel heavy and slow? Is the gearing right,?

Edited by Jaketa

Man, the car feel amazing, so much more grip. I liked it a lot. And the IA keeps agressive, I runned a lot of situations here using flashbacks, forcing the undertake and they play really hard yet. The only way to make them back up fighting is when they calculates that the car will be out of track.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Yeah I always use DDU before installing new drivers. In-game defaults to ultra but it doesn't matter if i run ultra or low. I've spent many many hours trying to fix it, but when your job is literally fixing computers you don't really want to come home and spend time trying to diagnose issues. The fix will only come from Codemasters side, but I've seen people have this issue for a few years and Codemasters have never done anything about it. I've had every Codemasters F1 game but can't see myself buying the next one if this isn't fixed, which is a shame as I love the game itself.  I appreciate your help though  :classic_smile:

Don't know how to hide text on this version of the forum so I won't post the DX, nobody wants to scroll past all of that lol

Pastebin link or PM 🙂

Tell me about the busman's holiday 🤖

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Totally agree. Do you know if its possible to go back to a previous patch version on PS4? Ideally, Id like to try 1.05 to check out the changes myself, but given what Im reading here and how much Im actually loving the game right now (I play offline mostly anyway an have no problem losing online features) I may have to go back to 1.04. I dont think its possible and should probably just not install 1.05 at all when it becomes live, right?

Not sure mate re backdating patches to a previous one, but hopefully, the AI isn't much different, and we can all breathe easy lol!!

I just did COTA, season 1 in my Alfa, great fun as you can see! (Gasly was there for penalty from qualy)!

Enjoy the video below! 😄

https://youtu.be/eq5YgNx-8JQ

Edited by HamsterRacer80
  • Thanks 1

Still not quite as fast as it should be in my opinion, but an improvement nonetheless.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

This patch has not fixed anything! What realism are we talking about? The stability of the player's car does not exist. What prevents you from doing as it was in F1 2018? You're artificially complicating the game. Your game is Arcade and it makes no sense to make it a bad simulator!

Exemple:

AI Lewis Hamilton. He hit me from behind and drove on as if nothing had happened! What is this? What realism are we talking about? 

https://youtu.be/2XMDTEDZ1pY

Edited by Dmitry Sorokin
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4

I hope patch 1.05 this is not a zombie patch for XB1 like 1.04, with never materialized on XB1!  

2 hours ago, Dmitry Sorokin said:

This patch has not fixed anything! What realism are we talking about? The stability of the player's car does not exist. What prevents you from doing as it was in F1 2018? You're artificially complicating the game. Your game is Arcade and it makes no sense to make it a bad simulator!

Exemple:

AI Lewis Hamilton. He hit me from behind and drove on as if nothing had happened! What is this? What realism are we talking about? 

your fault, he going by inside line and your don´t remains in outside and try back to inside line even when he have half car in the same space

• Agree 7

But finally you fixed performance on triples!Now in cutscenes, menu and etc i have 60fps instead of 20-30.Thanks for that.

2 hours ago, squalles said:

your fault, he going by inside line and your don´t remains in outside and try back to inside line even when he have half car in the same space

100% agree

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Dmitry Sorokin said:

Exemple:

You are joking right?  You know you cut him up and he was entitled to the space.  I don’t think you deserved a penalty as you lost out but if you had managed to hit the AI off then I think you would have had a penalty 

• Agree 6

On 7/14/2019 at 2:07 PM, Endeavour67 said:

I have already started a career in 100% I am in France now, I think the new update performance may distort my career for the sequel no? :classic_sad:

Every game gets patched at some point.  The only thing you can do to avoid that if it irritates you is to only buy a game and play it 3-6 months after release 

On 7/15/2019 at 7:16 PM, Hughesy said:

Still nothing about the mad stuttering/freezes that last between .25 to .50 of a second on PC. It sucks that i'm getting an average of 140fps and this happens regularly. In SP it's fine, I can just rewind but in multiplayer there's no rewind and worse still it freezes your car in place, so when it unfreezes you are .5 of a second further back from where you should have been. It's not my hard drive or specs, as it's on a M2 SSD.

Win 10

6700k 4.6ghz 

16GB DDR4 

2070 rtx

Remove the overclock on the cpu and try changing the refresh rate.  On my TV if I have have it set to 60 then I get glitches (despite framerates of 80+) but when I change it to 59 these issues disappear 

13 hours ago, martbloke said:

Sadly if this is true, we have ourselves to blame - by we I mean those who complained the AI were too aggressive.

This even happened in the beta but there were also people, I included, who said we had to be careful what we wish for as it'll make the game too easy like before. 

The AI in beta, and sounds like at launch, were great IMO. It's people who like to divebomb to overtake who get hit by the AI then moan they're too aggressive. You just need to learn that F1 cars are delicate in collisions and so be smart with your overtakes sheeeesh!

Anyways, I'm hoping this actually isn't the case and this comment is an overreaction! 

I generally agree except for this example: I’m the Mclaren the track is Australia and it is the corner immediately after S1 The AI was way to aggressive there and that needed a tweak.  The other thing that was and is causing issues is that the AI cars must weigh 6 or 7 tonnes as when they touch you they kill you!  (Apparently this happens when you run no assists).  Frustratingly for me I run with flashback off as it helps eliminate mistakes for league racing But I agree that I did like them being more feisty. The problem is that people were not giving video evidence of what was wrong with the AI and that could lead to misinterpreting what was wrong

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dameyon said:

Is there going to be something implemented to prevent being able to shift down into Neutral accidentally?

Yes stop clicking downshift when you see the number 1 on your dashboard. That will sort that out.  But seriously F1 cars don’t have this protection built into them.  Some cars do but F1 doesn’t they would have to build in a whole new assist that could be turned on or off so this won’t happen.

Edited by Acerees
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 3

18 minutes ago, Acerees said:

I generally agree except for this example: I’m the Mclaren the track is Australia and it is the corner immediately after S1 The AI was way to aggressive there and that needed a tweak.  The other thing that was and is causing issues is that the AI cars must weigh 6 or 7 tonnes as when they touch you they kill you!  (Apparently this happens when you run no assists).  Frustratingly for me I run with flashback off as it helps eliminate mistakes for league racing But I agree that I did like them being more feisty. The problem is that people were not giving video evidence of what was wrong with the AI and that could lead to misinterpreting what was wrong

Maybe, but you are going to the inside for a defending line and the AI has seen a chance on the outside. Than directly before braking you try to switch back to the outside, but AI was already there. I don't think AI is way too agressive here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Acerees said:

You see now this I would put down as a racing incident not the AI being too aggressive. They clearly went for the outside on the racing line where you were not. It was then your movement across to the racing line in the braking zone which caused the 1st contact. The AI was even trying to slow when you spun (you can hear the engine) but unfortunately they hit you again. The only thing they could have done is try to steer left to try and go around you otherwise the only option is to literally stop.

Unfortunately for that video, I disagree that it was aggressive AI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Acerees said:

Firstly I was confused as to what view this was, then I noticed it was a replay, cause normally this view is a rarity in a F1 game 😁

This in my opinion, not that anybody cares, is lack of awareness for anything else on the track, most common with assisted drivers,

Codemasters this is why we need a options in multiplayer to turn all assits off.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

when you have a running career now, any adjustments necessary on the AI skill level settings?

12 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I dont know how the PS4 works etc, if you can attach a external HD its possible.

12 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

when you have a running career now, any adjustments necessary on the AI skill level settings?

Not really. You just need to drive for a while to learn new limits with the increased front downforce. I was ok keeping the same AI level. 

• Thanks 1