F1® 2019 - Performance Updates and Patch 1.05 Patch Notes - Updated 17/07

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Firstly I was confused as to what view this was, then I noticed it was a replay, cause normally this view is a rarity in a F1 game 😁

This in my opinion, not that anybody cares, is lack of awareness for anything else on the track, most common with assisted drivers,

Codemasters this is why we need a options in multiplayer to turn all assits off.

I have gone 100% hardcore this years game.  No assists no flashback and cockpit view.  I knew Ricciardo was close to me but with the limited mirror view I had and the fact that nobody would try a pass there like that in real life or even in a league race I really didn’t expect him to do that to me. In previous years I have run cockpit view and no assists except racing line.  I think I qualify as a no assists driver 

Edited by Acerees
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, martbloke said:

You see now this I would put down as a racing incident not the AI being too aggressive. They clearly went for the outside on the racing line where you were not. It was then your movement across to the racing line in the braking zone which caused the 1st contact. The AI was even trying to slow when you spun (you can hear the engine) but unfortunately they hit you again. The only thing they could have done is try to steer left to try and go around you otherwise the only option is to literally stop.

Unfortunately for that video, I disagree that it was aggressive AI.

Maybe but it 100% should not have caused that reaction in my car.  The weight of the car is at the rear so why does a love tap from the AI cause such an overreaction from my car

I have the feeling playing with gamepad has improved as well. I feel I am more in control of the car now. Something changed/fixed there? 

55 minutes ago, Acerees said:

Maybe but it 100% should not have caused that reaction in my car.  The weight of the car is at the rear so why does a love tap from the AI cause such an overreaction from my car

I wouldn't say 100% it wouldn't. I think I would agree with the way it has reacted.

The AI is holding straight, you are coming across the AI so you have the sideways force left. As you're still steering left at impact, the back is forced to stop going left by hitting the AI but the front will continue and therefore send you in a slide left. Presumably in your worry to correct suddenly to the right, you oversteer and cause the into a spin right.

You always see F1 cars try and spin left if the back of the car hits the front of another car on their left. I don't see an issue.

It's not aggressive AI and I don't think it's incorrect physics there. I think it is frustrating that it has happened for you but IMO it was caused because you came across the AI expecting them to back out. When the proximity arrows is red, a car is alongside you even by an inch. If they are not red but double arrow and you are going to brake or move across to that side, you need to be careful. That's what real F1 drivers do as the car is a delicate machine and any damage could mean race over.

It's about time people understood that and drove accordingly rather than trying to be a big bully playing bumper cars and stupidly divebombing. Admittedly things like what has happened to you can happen and it happens IRL so I don't see an issue. I like realistic, random things that could happen (not bugs of course). If I didn't, then I might as well get my scalectrix out and race on rails with no chance of contact.

• Agree 1

I'll test it right now.

3 hours ago, Acerees said:

I have gone 100% hardcore this years game.  No assists no flashback and cockpit view.  I knew Ricciardo was close to me but with the limited mirror view I had and the fact that nobody would try a pass there like that in real life or even in a league race I really didn’t expect him to do that to me. In previous years I have run cockpit view and no assists except racing line.  I think I qualify as a no assists driver 

Thats awesome to hear your changing what you use each year,

So your screen is completely blank then ?, 

2 hours ago, martbloke said:

I wouldn't say 100% it wouldn't. I think I would agree with the way it has reacted.

The AI is holding straight, you are coming across the AI so you have the sideways force left. As you're still steering left at impact, the back is forced to stop going left by hitting the AI but the front will continue and therefore send you in a slide left. Presumably in your worry to correct suddenly to the right, you oversteer and cause the into a spin right.

You always see F1 cars try and spin left if the back of the car hits the front of another car on their left. I don't see an issue.

It's not aggressive AI and I don't think it's incorrect physics there. I think it is frustrating that it has happened for you but IMO it was caused because you came across the AI expecting them to back out. When the proximity arrows is red, a car is alongside you even by an inch. If they are not red but double arrow and you are going to brake or move across to that side, you need to be careful. That's what real F1 drivers do as the car is a delicate machine and any damage could mean race over.

It's about time people understood that and drove accordingly rather than trying to be a big bully playing bumper cars and stupidly divebombing. Admittedly things like what has happened to you can happen and it happens IRL so I don't see an issue. I like realistic, random things that could happen (not bugs of course). If I didn't, then I might as well get my scalectrix out and race on rails with no chance of contact.

I didn’t turn.  The AI did slightly.  The corner just in case you are not 100% familiar with it links slightly before the main turn in.  The AI was driving into a disappearing space and decided to do so without any intelligence.  Also I can’t comment on the arrow colour with 100% certainty but I don’t believe they were red or maybe they turned red at the time I had already committed to the line I was going to take.  Yes the car would react to having a bump but not like that and no I didn’t oversteer.  The AI car didn’t get effected which isn’t right either.  There is something wrong with all of this but I’m not on about castrating the AI I just think there are tweaks to be made.  1 change the proximity arrow to red earlier (seems like a simple change but it should help driving against AI that is unpredictable at times) 2.  Small impacts like this need to have the physics reworked slightly 3. The AI need to wait for cleaner passing opportunities (again though not too much).  I’m looking forward to playing with patch 1.05 and hopefully some of these things have been tweaked.

4E7A46E0-6686-4553-9EFA-06B292C3D40A.png

Looks like they made it much easier to compete for all assists-users with no assist users. Suddendly people from my league with auto-gears can compete with the very best of my league.

TT Great Britain

image.thumb.png.1083b05e97100449a3f76517111bb189.png

• Sad 2

I don't know what to think about it. The handling sometimes feels completely different. The braking points have been pushed back so far that it feels like a new game.

I think being 1.5 seconds faster is too much. The feeling of the old version is completely lost.

49 minutes ago, Acerees said:

I didn’t turn.  The AI did slightly.  The corner just in case you are not 100% familiar with it links slightly before the main turn in.  The AI was driving into a disappearing space and decided to do so without any intelligence.  Also I can’t comment on the arrow colour with 100% certainty but I don’t believe they were red or maybe they turned red at the time I had already committed to the line I was going to take.  Yes the car would react to having a bump but not like that and no I didn’t oversteer.  The AI car didn’t get effected which isn’t right either.  There is something wrong with all of this but I’m not on about castrating the AI I just think there are tweaks to be made.  1 change the proximity arrow to red earlier (seems like a simple change but it should help driving against AI that is unpredictable at times) 2.  Small impacts like this need to have the physics reworked slightly 3. The AI need to wait for cleaner passing opportunities (again though not too much).  I’m looking forward to playing with patch 1.05 and hopefully some of these things have been tweaked.

4E7A46E0-6686-4553-9EFA-06B292C3D40A.png

I'm sorry I still don't agree. The AI there in that pic is turning slightly to stay on track. It's only a disappearing space because you've come across without looking who's there and not left space for a car that's there,essentially driven into them because you didn't expect them to be there. The AI also upon contact avoided any spinning by turning into where the contact came from (hard right) so was able to stabilise themselves - what would be interesting is if they actually had front wing damage at that point like a human player would have. I still also agree the physics there were fine as you wouldn't have expected the collision meaning your reaction time would not be as quick to stop the spin and also the AI having reacted and steering hard right increases the force applied to you car causing the spin.

I agree the red arrows maybe should turn red earlier or potentially a lighter shade of red if not fully alongside.

Other than that, this is NOT too aggressive AI and there is no issue. I will not be convinced otherwise I'm afraid and this is not an attack on you but this is what I mean by people taking something quite alright and turning it into a massive issue or bug because they think it's wrong because they are hard done by by their own failures. Codies then listen to all the overreacted screaming and change something without proper video evidence to prove their points. It's not an issue or over aggressiveness and AI should NOT be nerfed because of comments or situations like the above IMO. This is what makes a game worse but at the end of the day, Codies are the ones who make a final decision in changes and so they too are to blame for biting.

• Agree 3

Ver. 1.05 AI is a bunch of weak potatoes. They do not fight anymore! They just drive behind each other. Only overtake using drs. All the great fights are gone...the patch is a pure joke. Also they always give up when they are beside the Players car falling so far back that they get overtaken by the following car....

Is there any Option to patch back to 1.04?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Mobcat94 said:

Ver. 1.05 AI is a bunch of weak potatoes. They do not fight anymore! They just drive behind each other. Only overtake using drs. All the great fights are gone...the patch is a pure joke. Also they always give up when they are beside the Players car falling so far back that they get overtaken by the following car....

Is there any Option to patch back to 1.04?

No, just campaign for it to be the other way in 1.06 or higher.

Well, there it is. For people who were worried about the Xbox patch, we got it one day after PC and same day as PS4. Just as I said, the 1.04 patch wasn't very important, and they were waiting for 1.05 to bring us up to date.

6.8 GB on Xbox.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Acerees said:

Yes stop clicking downshift when you see the number 1 on your dashboard. That will sort that out.  But seriously F1 cars don’t have this protection built into them.  Some cars do but F1 doesn’t they would have to build in a whole new assist that could be turned on or off so this won’t happen.

Lol. I'm sure one just can't put an F1 car in neutral by (accidentally) downshifting from 1st, it would cause serious trouble. They have a separate button for neutral on the steering wheel (and also outside of the cockpit). The way how it works in this game is just a common thing in arcade games.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Dmitry Sorokin said:

This patch has not fixed anything! What realism are we talking about? The stability of the player's car does not exist. What prevents you from doing as it was in F1 2018? You're artificially complicating the game. Your game is Arcade and it makes no sense to make it a bad simulator!

Exemple:

AI Lewis Hamilton. He hit me from behind and drove on as if nothing had happened! What is this? What realism are we talking about? 

https://youtu.be/2XMDTEDZ1pY

dude, you cut him soooo bad...lmao! nothing wrong with patches, AI, or the game in general here. Sorry!

• Agree 2

I'm without connection due to a massive cable failure in my area. How does the new handling feel? Have you tested the AI in the wet? 

10 hours ago, Acerees said:

Remove the overclock on the cpu and try changing the refresh rate.  On my TV if I have have it set to 60 then I get glitches (despite framerates of 80+) but when I change it to 59 these issues disappear 

As I already said I removed all overclockes and I'm not setting my 240hz monitor to 60hz, that's not a fix, that just causes more issues. Plus I've played it on my 4K HDR TV at 60fps and the issue still happens. Its not my PC, its something deeply wrong in the game code

15 hours ago, Dmitry Sorokin said:

This patch has not fixed anything! What realism are we talking about? The stability of the player's car does not exist. What prevents you from doing as it was in F1 2018? You're artificially complicating the game. Your game is Arcade and it makes no sense to make it a bad simulator!

Exemple:

AI Lewis Hamilton. He hit me from behind and drove on as if nothing had happened! What is this? What realism are we talking about? 

https://youtu.be/2XMDTEDZ1pY

I totally agree with what you're saying. These drones which they keep calling ai, seem to lack spacial awareness.

4 minutes ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

I totally agree with what you're saying. These drones which they keep calling ai, seem to lack spacial awareness.

Drones / AI is Codemasters polite word for assited pod racers.

But totally agree with lacking special awareness.

Posted (edited)

@Faya @RedDevilKT

F2 No fuel option for FP sessions ?

F2 Multiplayer locked to equal performance ?

F2 No option in Leagues ?

F2 No option to force off visual aids ?

F2 No option to force cockpit ?

F2 Weather locked to dynamic in Championship mode, why cant we set ourselves ?, that way we can have what the actual race was, instead scripted which in reality didn't happen in real life

F1 McLaren in game are 6th, in real F1 thier 4th ?

HUD Opacity only goes to 10% ?

F1 cars awfull, its like thier on rails, rear refuse's to step out, little to no skill required to keep them in line, basically like forza is,, tyre management not needed just last for ever and a day, can we have a option for tyre wear please, slow or realistic ?

Online just pointless due to the "Pro's" preferred choice of event setup, no damage, ghosting on :classic_rolleyes: no practise ( cause why would you want to practise, to get your eye in ) either one shot quali or none, 5lap destruction derby, on to the next circuit, basically identical to Forza style.

Edited by BluntRS
  • Like 1

Perez is too fast with patch 1.05. It needs to be fixed asap. And increase Renault a little bit then it will be perfect.

8 minutes ago, Julian00017 said:

Perez is too fast with patch 1.05. It needs to be fixed asap. And increase Renault a little bit then it will be perfect.

Perez was always too fast; I don’t believe they’ve update last years driver ratings at all yet.