F1® 2019 - Performance Updates and Patch 1.05 Patch Notes - Updated 17/07

10 hours ago, martbloke said:

You see now this I would put down as a racing incident not the AI being too aggressive. They clearly went for the outside on the racing line where you were not. It was then your movement across to the racing line in the braking zone which caused the 1st contact. The AI was even trying to slow when you spun (you can hear the engine) but unfortunately they hit you again. The only thing they could have done is try to steer left to try and go around you otherwise the only option is to literally stop.

Unfortunately for that video, I disagree that it was aggressive AI.

This reads more like wishful thinking than what actually happening in the video. The ai is not only aggressive in this situation, but it also shows a total lack of awareness and low intelligence.   

• Disagree 3

3 minutes ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

This reads more like wishful thinking than what actually happening in the video. The ai is not only aggressive in this situation, but it also shows a total lack of awareness and low intelligence.   

Not entirely untrue, but the same could be said of the player.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

Looks like they made it much easier to compete for all assists-users with no assist users. Suddendly people from my league with auto-gears can compete with the very best of my league.

TT Great Britain

image.thumb.png.1083b05e97100449a3f76517111bb189.png

That just can not be true. Driving aids MUST slow down !!!

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

Looks like they made it much easier to compete for all assists-users with no assist users. Suddendly people from my league with auto-gears can compete with the very best of my league.

TT Great Britain

image.thumb.png.1083b05e97100449a3f76517111bb189.png

Thier both using assits, I dont see the issue.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Ahh ffs......so all that time I put into TT is now worth nothing. 

Get the physics right before releasing the game for Christ’s sake!!!!!  Should be priority number one before building any ‘premium’ dlc cars for real money. 

• Agree 2

Stimmen die Leistungsvergleiche? Warum hat Ferrari und Red Bull einen mega schlechten antrieb? Das sind doch wieder Teledaten von Vorgestern oder? 

Are the performance comparisons correct? Why does Ferrari and Red Bull have a mega bad drive? Those are still teles the day before yesterday right?
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Wenn beide Assits verwenden, sehe ich das Problem nicht.

Wir wollen aber nicht mit assist fahren. Wo ist das dann noch Wettbewerb, um die es ja auch im Motorsport geht! 

But we do not want to drive with assist. Where is that then still competition, which is also in motorsport!
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Any changes to the F2 handling? Chronic understeer still present?

22 minutes ago, xJulyxWeed said:

Wir wollen aber nicht mit assist fahren. Wo ist das dann noch Wettbewerb, um die es ja auch im Motorsport geht! 

But we do not want to drive with assist. Where is that then still competition, which is also in motorsport!

In the pic thier both using assists, so what is the problem ?

I dont want to drive with others who use TV Pod, but do we have a option for that ?

If you dont want to use assits, race in cockpit with a blank or your using assits.

• Agree 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:30 PM, KMan34 said:

Will all the bugged trophies be fixed?

Apparently not, the one they have stated they will fix is in fact still broken

The only way I'll go HUD free is if I had the Fanatec wheel base with the F1 Formula 1 wheel. I'll have the controls at my finger tips. No need to use the menu.

The F2 car are equal @BluntRS. It's a development series just like the F3 series. 

Once you try clutter free, youll never go back 😎

@Striker_703 Yea I understand that, but its both, F2 and classic is locked to equal, normally you have a choice online, realistic or equal, F2 even though thier all the same, just doesnt make sence to me why its locked, if it was locked to realistic they would still be equal just looks wrong in my opinion.

1.05 patch car performances. McLaren should be abit faster and Renault too. racing point seems too quick? however is much better than 1.04 overall

car handling okay not much changed I preferred 1.04 tho abit more challenging.

AI similar to 2018 little more aggression would do, but no complains there

biggest issue for me is realistic performance in league this is major setback I can't start championship with friends @Faya

Not really. You just need to drive for a while to learn new limits with the increased front downforce. I was ok keeping the same AI level. 

Are you sure no adjustments needed? I just did Qualifying in Austria and ended up P2, made Q2 with Mediums. This is far the best result for me in my Alfa. Also Kimi finished 7th  ,(+0.830 difference to me)   so I guess Alfa received a nice boost after the patch. I have to say Austria is one of my favorite tracks, maybe that is why I have normally better results here. I will do the race today, let`s see how it develops in Silverstone.

Handling is much better. You can attack the course a lot more now and overall it feels more fluid and faster.

• Like 1

Has the issue with silly AI driver moves (especially mid season while leading the championship) been addressed?

Posted (edited)

I hope Midseason driver dransfers have been deactivated

Edited by AllenB2609

1 hour ago, AllenB2609 said:

I hope Midseason driver dransfers have been deactivated

I'm in Alfa Romeo and yesterday I got Ricciardo replacing Sainz in McLaren (he had 0 point and he was last in the championship) who has been released, and Giovinazzi signed for Renault in Belgium (1st season), so no.

Posted (edited)

Cars need to be even faster than what we got with the 1.05 patch.

At the moment both the AI and the players are not able to fully reach the ridiculous cornering speeds at certain tracks or specific notorious highspeed corners and therefore are slower all the way up to over a second, Spain for example is currently a problematic track for this purpose.

Spain GP pole laptimes (Real life, Time Trial, AI)

1:15:4 real life pole time.

1:16:7 currently the fastest Time Trial entry on PS4 (18.07.2019)

1:16:9 the median pole laptime of the AI around Spain (did 100 runs in Grand Prix Mode at 110 AI to get the numbers and calculate the "median")

Btw, what i found quite striking about most of the setups used by the fastest Time Trial drivers, they usually tend to use minimal aero to maximize straightline topspeed at the expense of cornering ability, whereas irl the topspeeds are low but cornering speed is out of this world.

CM need to rebalance this by making us go for cornering speed over topspeed, as it should be if compared to real life performances.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

Are you sure no adjustments needed? I just did Qualifying in Austria and ended up P2, made Q2 with Mediums. This is far the best result for me in my Alfa. Also Kimi finished 7th  ,(+0.830 difference to me)   so I guess Alfa received a nice boost after the patch. I have to say Austria is one of my favorite tracks, maybe that is why I have normally better results here. I will do the race today, let`s see how it develops in Silverstone.

Austria is a track known for weaker AI. You should see how it is on a different track. I did 2 races after the patch (Monza and Singapore) and there was no need to change AI level. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE the handling of the game now. I actually spent 7 hours straight playing it yesterday which is the longest ive played the game in a go since it's come out. The last handling was nice but it got frustrating after a while so you'd give up. Yesterday I just got into a proper groove and the lap times started to fall.

TC has become a bit easier but if you ask the drivers in real life, this is exactly how the cars handle. The oversteer out of corner has become much easier to control. Before the patch that was causing my consistency to go down the drain so in effect I'd drive much slower than the cars potential in order to finish the race. Now I can properly unleash the monsters that are F1 cars on track.

I use racing lines so the braking points on the line are much more in line with the previous versions of F1 so now it's a matter of unlearning what the original points were on this game.

The change of direction is what I really like now, previously I'd have a tentative pause in the middle of chicanes because the cars would spring a surprise more often than not. Now they are much tamer and you can properly attach the kurbs.

Which brings me to the kurbs, we can now actually attack them consistently. In the previous version the risk was way too high and compared to last game this one gives us a more realistic approach to using the Kurbs. Charlie (corner cutting) still needs work in TT; I feel sometimes that it is way to rigid and actually punishes perfection.

Coming to the cons... I run a performance league and we feel that the pace comparison isn't actually representing whats happening in real F1. I'm sure this is something that can be addressed in a future update. 

SUMMURY: Brilliant work, now we've actually started playing F1 2019 in all its glory. It's letting you push and then some. Other senior players in our league are loving it too. The turnout in our random lobbies was bigger than it was at launch. I just hope the opinion of a few people who aren't liking it doesn't sway the direction of future updates. 

@Faya p.s. connecting to the online services is still very dodgy for me, pleassseee find a fix for that and I'll get you a donut :)

• Agree 2

French GP, Paul Ricard, PS4, Time Trial.

Almost all the times in the top 50, those that were faster than 1:29:0 all the way up to 1:28:8, have abused track limits in the final sector to post their times, they gain around 2 - 3 seconds by that.

Track limits need to be updated and corrected.

19 hours ago, BluntRS said:

Thier both using assits, I dont see the issue.

Then look how many helps everyone has.
Not only about the example. It can not be that drivers with 2 aids are as fast as drivers without driving aids.

That's a problem for many leagues

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LILLHELM said:

Then look how many helps everyone has.
Not only about the example. It can not be that drivers with 2 aids are as fast as drivers without driving aids.

That's a problem for many leagues

Helps you mean assits I guess ? yes your preaching to chore, options should be introduced to BAN them all,

Totally agree,

Yea totally agree,

Am still confused as to why the pics shows assists for both drivers what the problem is, I dont know what the symbols mean as I dont use assists, and when I say no assists I mean no assists, not call myself a no assist driver then race in TV Poop cam wilst using proximinty arrows, radar bottom left corner, car getting close from the rear, I better push a bit get a gap, lap time top left, whoo hoo look at me, I got a fast one,, position top left FORZA DISTANCE COUNTER, oh hes just in front am gonna push now see if I can catch him, bull dust fraudsters.it has to be said.

No assists means no assits, visual aids are ASSISTS.