F1® 2019 - Performance Updates and Patch 1.05 Patch Notes - Updated 17/07

Posted (edited)

[Updates]

Hi all,

Patch 1.05 is out now on ALL platforms!

We are continuing to track down and fix more bugs and we’ll have more information about any further patches soon.

Need help? Come and visit us in our Technical Assistance forums. Please be sure to check out the read me thread before posting.  Something from this patch not working the way it should? Tell us in our patch discussion thread here.

[Original post]

Hi all! 

As always, you can find this on our blog here as well.

----------------

Time flies when you’re having fun, it’s already been over a week since we released F1 2019! We have heard your comments and questions about future updates, what’s coming and when, so with that in mind, we asked F1 Franchise Director Paul Jeal to give us a behind the scenes glimpse into what is being worked on right now...

Hi everyone!
Many thanks for your support so far on F1 2019. We’ve loved the reaction to all of the new features, especially the introduction of F2, and the man everyone loves to hate, Devon Butler. It’s also been great releasing the game and seeing it being played and enjoyed so much earlier this year, which brings me nicely onto the topic of this blog which is aimed at giving you guys a bit more visibility into some of the game updates and enhancements that are being worked on right now, along with some time estimates of when they might be available. The timings are approximate, as is the case when testing updates and working on a licensed product, but rest assured we are working as hard as we can to bring these to you as soon as possible;

Patch 1.05 – which includes 2019 Car Performance Updates & F2 Online – is currently in test across all platforms
In this patch the performance order of the teams has been rebalanced to better replicate the F1 Season and how it has evolved since preseason testing. This update affects both the car handling of your car and the performance of the AI cars. Individual team handling traits have been tailored to be more representative of their real-life counterparts, with updated aerodynamics achieving a performance improvement of between 1 – 1.5 seconds per lap, mainly in higher cornering speed, and vehicle performance has been updated to give a more accurate assessment of each car’s strengths and weaknesses. The other headline news is that F2 will now be available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN games.

In addition to the above, there are numerous other fixes which we are looking to incorporate into this patch.

• 2019 season performance updates
  • F2 is now available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN
  • Improved AI performance in wet weather
  • Improvements to AI blocking behaviour
  • In photo mode changing shutter speed will no longer make the screen go black
  • Fanatec wheels will no longer send strong force feedback turning the wheel to the right on race starts
  • Rain / ERS charging lights now work on PS4 Pro
  • First Ten Down (Complete 10 races online) achievement will now unlock correctly
  • Stopped graphical glitches occurring and getting more frequent during long play sessions
  • Various other stability and bug fixes

Our desire is to get patch 1.05 out to you as soon as possible. It is currently being tested across all platforms, and we anticipate it being available for you guys in the next 1-2 weeks. Keep your eye out for further updates once we have more concrete dates for this!

Post patch 1.05, we are working through a number of updates which are a little further off, but these should all be made available over the next couple of months

1. Paul Ricard Pit Lane Update – July/August
  2. Visual Car Updates – August. You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update!
  3. F2 2019 Season – September

These updates are in addition to other more general bug fixes and improvements which will continue to drop, with specific details of those fixes in the various patch notes. As ever if you are experiencing any issues, or you have any other questions please get in touch with us, either by dropping us a tweet, heading to our Facebook page, Instagram, or saying hello in our forums and we’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as we can!

Edited by RedDevilKT
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Posted (edited)

Disappointed that it lasts another two weeks. Haven’t played the game for more than 1 1/2 weeks now because of the unrealistic car performance and the sound of the current cars. Waiting another 2 weeks doesn’t make a big difference to the last release dates where the game was correct at release date.

But atleast, and that’s the good thing, you are finally providing us with updates and say what is coming - that’s the way how you have to act with your players, because in the past it was completely invisible on what you guys are working.

I hope that you also have a look at the sound/wrong rev sound and fix this ASAP.

Edited by Jaketa
  • Agree 6

What exactly does "Improvements to AI blocking behaviour" mean? Are they less aggressive and more prone to leave you space?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, achaffee86 said:

What exactly does "Improvements to AI blocking behaviour" mean? Are they less aggressive and more prone to leave you space?

Maybe the AI blocking the players by parking on the apex of a corner or slowly driving on the racing line despite clearly being under blue flags?!

• Agree 2

Good news.

But please!!!! Let us invite friends to ranked lobbies. Ranked is dead atm.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 4

1 hour ago, Faya said:

You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update!

Thx a lot 🖖

Good to hear the performance update is on its way. Hope the random driver transfers also get fixed a little bit, and the rapid r&d progression of the AI after the first season will be made a bit more realistic/slow. 

• Agree 2

Will the performance update affect my current career mode or will I need to start a new career to be applied?

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, DennisJV28 said:

Good to hear the performance update is on its way. Hope the random driver transfers also get fixed a little bit, and the rapid r&d progression of the AI after the first season will be made a bit more realistic/slow. 

👍  

Exactly the changes we need to make the game (almost) perfect

4 minutes ago, Aphelion71 said:

Will the performance update affect my current career mode or will I need to start a new career to be applied?

Yes it will affect your career same as in 2018. You don‘t have to start a new career.

• Agree 1

Codemasters please don't lower the level of Williams too much otherwise it will be impossible to improve them until the top 3. 😟

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 8

So no infos about realistic car performance for 2019 cars online? (private session, online championship "league")???

@Faya

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Faya said:

Individual team handling traits have been tailored to be more representative of their real-life counterparts

Would it be possible to visualize these traits in the career mode?

For example:

Ferrari: + top speed, acceleration, chassis
           - cornering speed, problems with tire temperatures

2 hours ago, Faya said:

Improvements to AI blocking behaviour

Can you explain what you want to improve on the AI blocking behavior?

Thanks in advance. A consumer/customer who has paid 80€

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Faya said:

The other headline news is that F2 will now be available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN games.

August. You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update.

YES YES YES, GRAZIE GRAZIE!

Any info on the F2 fuel issue ?

Is the F2 2019 replacing the F2 2018 or will we have both ?, sorry if this is  a stupid question, mybe obvious to some, but not me.

Edited by BluntRS
F2 0218 Q
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

YES YES YES, GRAZIE GRAZIE!

Any info on the F2 fuel issue ?

You are Davide Valsecchi and I claim my £5 😉

53 minutes ago, KMan34 said:

Will all the bugged trophies be fixed?

It says the First 10 down will unlock correctly, doesn't say jack about the others....

29 minutes ago, Aphelion71 said:

Yes it will affect your career, hopefully not in an adverse, corrupt save kind of fashion. Every year people start career as soon as they get the game, knowing full well it will be patched and probably skew their enjoyment during the process, every time, year after year. It's like we never learn. 

It's a game, let's relax. The performance tweaks should rebalance things for a lot of people. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Split ranked lobbies between assist and non assist drivers?

Keyboard support on consoles (what we already are asking, no begging for for years)?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

At least we know the month for Schumacher and co but here a question, Which drivers are you going to use when teams are changing drivers as I type this?

Posted (edited)

Hey, guys, I wonder if this bug will be fixed with the patch? 

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Agree 5

22 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You are Davide Valsecchi and I claim my £5 😉

Sorry no idea who that is,

Due to the 90 Year Livery I was quoting Seb. I guess I failed :classic_sad: :classic_biggrin: 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Sorry no idea who that is,

Due to the 90 Year Livery I was quoting Seb. I guess I failed :classic_sad: :classic_biggrin: 

Are you a casual F1 fan? 

Davide Valsecchi is an F2 Champion, works for F1 as a guest commentator / interviewer, commentates on F2 on Sky Sports and works for Top Gear Italia as a presenter. Sadly he was a reserve test driver for Lotus in 2013 and his career ended when the team was subject to a progressive takeover by Renault eventually becoming Renault F1 in 2016.

He commentates with a slightly faster style than his driving, which was obviously quite quick! And he has commentated on F1 Esports.

Edited by steviejay69
Esports
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Are you a casual F1 fan? 

Davide Valsecchi is an F2 Champion, works for F1 as a guest commentator / interviewer, commentates on F2 on Sky Sports and works for Top Gear Italia as a presenter. Sadly he was a reserve test driver for Lotus in 2013 and his career ended when the team was subject to a progressive takeover by Renault eventually becoming Renault F1 in 2016.

Firstly you ask me if am a F1 fan, Yes every session,

Then say hes a F2 Champion, F2 ant F1, Ive only starting watching F2 this year, so apart from Schumacher I couldn't name anther driver, as its on Sky Sports, and you dont allways see the presenters, theirs not as much coverage as F1. ive probally seen him, but cant say I would know him by name, unlike the likes of Martin, Crofty Jonny, etc.

I searched for him and yes I do recognise him,   

• Agree 1

Ferrari 90 years logo only on engine cover or just like in real life where the logo's are actually supposed to be placed? Wings for instance

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faya said:

Post patch 1.05, we are working through a number of updates which are a little further off, but these should all be made available over the next couple of months

1. Paul Ricard Pit Lane Update – July/August
  2. Visual Car Updates – August. You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update!
  3. F2 2019 Season – September

This is the kind of sincerity and transparency that I've been hoping for since 2010.

• Agree 9