This game could change Formula 1 forever - would you still watch it?

Posted (edited)

hats off to everyone who is persistent enough to deal with this game. imagine the real F1 to be like the game we would all watch it constantly. It's soooooo random.

Imagine:

- the drivers getting on a plane turn up at a random track, they have no time to practice and have to memorise 20+ tracks with all the details 

- get in a random car (it doesn't matter what set-up I choose it's random every time),

- drive the qualifying inside the opposition (just in case you haven't experienced it yourself, choose the cockpit view and it will look something like this)IMG_1725.thumb.PNG.4f728a84791cd8593cd03171d894f3d2.PNG

- the drivers will find out what their car feels like at the first corner of the race,

- well one if they manage to not crash or loose position only to be crashed into by the "Intelligent" other drivers who seem to drive a race where your car doesn't exist,

- if they are still alive their aero will be randomly removed in corner (one corner the car performs well and in the next it has become a shopping trolley)

- if they managed the corner they will find out that their dampers and suspension has been removed and they get air on the straight and in fast corners at 300 Km/h

- if they can manage this, as they should because they are the best drivers in the world, suddenly there are explosives the kerbs, and if they touch them they get catapulted meters into the air.

- assuming they have survived all of that and managed to finish the race ahead of the opponent CONGRATULATIONS!!!, right? ... only to find out IT DIDN'T count (for weeks races and challenges I have completed have been ignored on the challenges board)

I'm sorry Codemaster (@ChrisGrovesMCM) if you were a Formula 1 team the above would be a major failure and you would have to shut shop quickly.

Why do you put us through something which doesn't resemble the sport we love. 

When the game was originally released it seemed to be the upgraded continuation of the amazing 2016 version but it feels like the developer have become obsessed with introducing bumps and details and have lost sight of what makes the game enjoyable. 

I still believe it could be the best ever F1 game and I'm optimistic and hopeful that something will be done.

Thank You

Edited by akajk88

Don’t hold your breath. This game is meant for “everyone”, not F1 fans. Certainly not F1 fans who enjoyed F1 2016 and waited two years for a glorious update, but got a hot mess instead.

3 hours ago, Fierce said:

Don’t hold your breath. This game is meant for “everyone”, not F1 fans. Certainly not F1 fans who enjoyed F1 2016 and waited two years for a glorious update, but got a hot mess instead.

Exactly! Everyone was expecting an update of that version of the game. Instead, they chose to mirror the rest of the mobile gaming trend with the microtransactions and short one-off races. It's what makes mobile gaming suck. Every developer just follows the same trend along with the rest of the sheep. It's why every game out there, including this one, is a shallow cash grab attempt. It exists solely to get money out of you and not provide you with a quality gaming experience.

• Agree 1

On 7/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, Fierce said:

On 7/12/2019 at 3:13 PM, xdakota80x said:

Exactly! Everyone was expecting an update of that version of the game. Instead, they chose to mirror the rest of the mobile gaming trend with the microtransactions and short one-off races. It's what makes mobile gaming suck. Every developer just follows the same trend along with the rest of the sheep. It's why every game out there, including this one, is a shallow cash grab attempt. It exists solely to get money out of you and not provide you with a quality gaming experience.

I'm not loosing hope just yet.