DLC. Classic tracks.

CODEMASTERS please answer!

whats the possibility of getting some Classic tracks via PAID dlc?  I’m not even kidding if you added tracks as paid DLC it will sell!!  I would buy the S#@T out of it.   And all you gotta do is polish up some tracks you have already done !!

Lol I know it’s not that simple but my point is I’m sure people will buy it if you add them.

Ask the fans ! Like US.   It’s kind of **** playing as the legends of the sport on 2019 branded tracks....   

what tracks would everyone like to see? 

6006332C-5BAC-4493-BF6B-482A029C0D29.jpeg

D6849EF1-3C3E-4ADE-B45D-074932EC5D27.jpeg

3790EBAB-29D0-413E-957D-1E6B8A4664AD.jpeg

A7D340DC-9AFB-48A7-9EB5-DEC1B304A815.jpeg

0F687030-355C-4688-BE0F-5F8305CA9E80.jpeg

• Agree 8

they could even add barcelona and probably mexico as they won't be in the game next year 

also they could add malaysia 

• Agree 1

They have 3 track classic from f1 2013 that I would love to see in 2019. All the assets are already there, you wouldn't think it would be that difficult to make it happen.

1 hour ago, JamesAberdeen73 said:

They have 3 track classic from f1 2013 that I would love to see in 2019. All the assets are already there, you wouldn't think it would be that difficult to make it happen.

It would just be a case of updating the graphics really t would also be cool if had the cars of that year as well 

Yes, would be interesting and fun to have other tracks than the same 2019 ones over and over. Problem is two words. Liberty Media. Since their takeover the branding strategy has been ominously monolithic. I was actually surprised that they let this year's F2 addition allows replacing of real drivers with fake ones in Career. Classic tracks means either making them devoid of sponsor logos that used to be prominent or giving free advertising to companies not currently enjoying the extra coverage a game with 2019 branding gives them. 

I would so wish to be completely wrong here as I love classic tracks in other games as it makes classic cars a real blast of nostalgia in every way. Imagine having a whole rosta of classic drivers too! Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart , James Hunt, Emerson Fittipaldi, Reubens Baricello... (the list seems endless!). 

Please, please prove me totally wrong Codies!! 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Yes, would be interesting and fun to have other tracks than the same 2019 ones over and over. Problem is two words. Liberty Media. Since their takeover the branding strategy has been ominously monolithic. I was actually surprised that they let this year's F2 addition allows replacing of real drivers with fake ones in Career. Classic tracks means either making them devoid of sponsor logos that used to be prominent or giving free advertising to companies not currently enjoying the extra coverage a game with 2019 branding gives them. 

I would so wish to be completely wrong here as I love classic tracks in other games as it makes classic cars a real blast of nostalgia in every way. Imagine having a whole rosta of classic drivers too! Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart , James Hunt, Emerson Fittipaldi, Reubens Baricello... (the list seems endless!). 

Please, please prove me totally wrong Codies!! 

Yeah plus they have to license each non used track separately as technical CM can only use tracks that are on the calendar for that given year I have no idea how much it would cost but I t could be trickier too than just doing the cars. I do  know that the F1 game license CM do have costs them a lot but that's all I know. TBH though whenever I feel like racing the older tracks again such as Valencia or the Nürburgring I just boot up the older games again. It's one of the main reasons why I keep the older games.

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Agree 1

Yeah all these tracks have been in previous F1 games...  I loved the ones they had in F1 2013 and they had a option to make the street look like old school tv filter it was AMAZING would even change the timing and the pos to the old look.    With senna and Prost in the game this would be great 

B95E8E2E-DAF4-441C-AFF6-3C9E173F0C16.jpeg

688370C0-04B9-4882-B32C-421D8631DA2F.jpeg

Adelaide, Pacific Grand Prix, old Hockenheim - yes I would support this idea!