Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qualifying Tires

I seem to be having a problem with my Soft tires in qualifying/race. When I use my 3 Soft tires for quali, for whatever reason I start the race on a worn set of Softs (the fourth set not used) and only get 2-3 laps before having to pit. Its happened in all the race weekends in which I use three softs during quali. Does anyone else have this problem??

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or not. In F1 2018 I could use three Softs for quali. and still have the fourth for the race.

Any answers?

In F1, You start the race on tyres on which you set your quickest q2 tim ( if you made it into q3, otherwise you have free choice). The scaling is off though for shorter races.

5 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

In F1, You start the race on tyres on which you set your quickest q2 tim ( if you made it into q3, otherwise you have free choice). The scaling is off though for shorter races.

Okay got it. I knew you start on Q2 tires but I thought it meant the compound you set it on, didn't know it was the actual physical tire you set it on. Like I said, never had this problem in F1 '18 so I thought it was just the compound and you get a fresh tire to start on. Thanks though!