Patch 6.5 is now rolling out across all devices for F1® Mobile Racing, to make some optimisations and address community-reported topics! Key changes include:

- Improvements for synchronisation in Duel - Qualifying
- Display fix for 'Perfect Start' graphic on affected devices
- Further improvements to haptic feedback, and an option to disable it
- Further tweaks to prevent corner-cutting on Silverstone circuit

We're also working on plenty more tweaks, including car/track bumpiness, and will keep you posted on their progress. Thank you for all your feedback and keep enjoying F1® Mobile Racing 🙂 

Holy cow, you need to add brakes to your setup now 🤣

I'll bet there are people rerunning events as fast as they before fixed 😎

Sadly, this is more evidence none of the developer or test side even trys to run a race before releasing an update...

1 hour ago, StKnowhere said:

Holy cow, you need to add brakes to your setup now 🤣

I'll bet there are people rerunning events as fast as they before fixed 😎

Sadly, this is more evidence none of the developer or test side even trys to run a race before releasing an update...

Only Quali,there is no DRS in races,hehe

As always, one step forward one step back. I just had the pleasure of a qualifying duel against a driver floating in mid air without a car. And to add to the confusion, in all sectors he was ahead of me, but I won the race despite having no brakes and losing about ten seconds in the gravel. This game needs to be transferred to a more competent team of developers because it's not showing any sign of significant improvement. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Ghost cars still not fixed. Racing agst a flag or a tag is no fun. And how come a car that’s more than a sec behind me, ends up winning by more than sec after one corner? This bug isn’t new.... oh wait, it’s my crappy connection?... NOT! 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Patch 6.5 is now rolling out across all devices for F1® Mobile Racing, to make some optimisations and address community-reported topics! Key changes include:

- Improvements for synchronisation in Duel - Qualifying
- Display fix for 'Perfect Start' graphic on affected devices
- Further improvements to haptic feedback, and an option to disable it
- Further tweaks to prevent corner-cutting on Silverstone circuit

We're also working on plenty more tweaks, including car/track bumpiness, and will keep you posted on their progress. Thank you for all your feedback and keep enjoying F1® Mobile Racing 🙂 

Dear @ChrisGrovesMCM,

do you remember the feedback you've asked for? (you might want to read this again Update 6 feedback hub)

this update 6.5 was meant to fix the issues introduced in the update 6 ... here is a summary:

issue fixed / improved:

- bumpiness of the tracks - IMPROVED still get wheel spin at the top of Radillion ('top' of Au Rouge) also I believe the bumpiness should get less when racing in easy or medium mode 

- traction and stability - IMPROVES

- icy kerbs and white lines - FIXED

issues ignored:

- my wheels stop rotating during races - IGNORED

- the game is very jumpy - IGNORED - freezes for a second and when it continous it restarts down the road, you have to guess when to turn or brake etc.

- the research box descriptions - IGNORED - research and the credit count to finish early) are to small for the greyed out box underneath

- ghost car - no option to switch off the GHOST car - IGNOREDif you actually watch F1 you know how critical it is for the driver to get send out on a clear track with NO distraction to get the best qualifying lap

unfair penalties - IGNORED - being penalised for other people crashing into you etc.

- game overheating and crashing - IGNORED - even starting from scratch my iPad Pro overheats during a 5 lap single race and starts 'stuttering' 3 laps in

Issues worsened or newly introduced:

- opponent jumping all over the place  - WORSENED - I've been catapulted high up in the air many times by an opponent disappearing and suddenly reappearing underneath me or an AI car & grid start I get a perfect start and seem to gain on the opponent, split second after the opponent is 2 seconds ahead as if he started on a rolling start, not needing to overtake cars, just driving through them as if driving a different race.

unrealistic and over aggressive AI  - WORSENED - not using brakes and just crashing into you, slowing down in the acceleration zone of corners etc. & they now block you by driving two or three side by side at 'walking speed' ie. spa at Blanchimond at 210km/h which normal racing speed is close to 300km/h.

opponents, AI and me seem to drive different races - NEW - this is the only conclusion I come to as it seems the races of the opponent, the AI and myself are disconnected ... that explains the random crashes and the jumping etc.

- NOS instead of DRS - NEW - REALLY ??? If this is wrong game for that - getting speeds to 420Km/h + (only a staged salt flat run has ever achieved 400 km/h in a F1 car - the fastest speed in race conditions is just over 370km/h) 

- car set up - WORSENED - how can it be that choosing the set up with the 'best' braking makes the braking in the race worse? (that's just an example it also applies to all other set up aspects)

I'm sure my fellow racers have more things to add.

Can you PLEASE ask your developers to try get the basics right first and since you are not testing please LET US HELP YOU and give some of us a beta before releasing it to the world.  

thanks

LOOKS LIKE A PATCH HAS BEEN RELEASE ... THIS MAY ALTER THE REVIEW ABOVE ... BUT LETS SEE UNTIL WE HAD TIME TO TEST IT.

Edited by akajk88
  • Agree 4

Hi all & @ChrisGrovesMCM,

has promised above I've had a bit more time to test the update 6.5.1 and here is the summary:

Issue fixed / improved:

- bumpiness of the tracks - IMPROVED still get wheel spin at the top of Radillion ('top' of Au Rouge) also I believe the bumpiness should get less when racing in easy or medium mode 

- traction and stabilityIMPROVED - still needs reviewing. Can you please consider that our accelerator pedal is only 100% on or 100% off. There is still no more downforce at Abu Dhabi or Monaco or Spa.

- icy kerbs and white lines & 'catapult kerbs' - MOSTLY FIXED - there are a few left (ie. Singapore turn 20 is a catapult kerb)

issues ignored:

- my wheels stop rotating during races - IGNORED

- the game is very jumpy - IGNORED - freezes for a second and when it continous it restarts down the road, you have to guess when to turn or brake etc.

- the research box descriptions - IGNORED - research and the credit count to finish early) are to small for the greyed out box underneath

- ghost car - no option to switch off the GHOST car - IGNORED if you actually watch F1 you know how critical it is for the driver to get send out on a clear track with NO distraction to get the best qualifying lap

- device overheating and game crashing - IGNORED - even starting from scratch my iPad Pro overheats during a 5 lap single race and starts 'stuttering' 3 laps in

Issues worsened or newly introduced:

unfair penalties - WORSENED - being penalised for other people crashing into you etc. 

grid start races - WORSENED - car performance reduced to 80% max compared to single races, over aggressive AI (they are trying to spin me by crashing into the back), opponent is invincible. Wrestling with AI until they point backwards but opponent is absolutely unaffected. In contrast I can’t have the slightest contact with another car without violently spinning out of control and if I manage to catch the car AI cars are just crashing into me at full speed.

- opponent jumping all over the place  - WORSENED - I've been catapulted high up in the air many times by an opponent disappearing and suddenly reappearing underneath me or an AI car & grid start I get a perfect start and seem to gain on the opponent, split second after the opponent is 2 seconds ahead as if he started on a rolling start, not needing to overtake cars, just driving through them as if driving a different race.

unrealistic and over aggressive AI  - WORSENED - not using brakes and just crashing into you, slowing down in the acceleration zone of corners etc. & they now block you by driving two or three side by side at 'walking speed' ie. Spa at Blanchimond at 210km/h which normal racing speed is close to 300km/h or Monaco

opponents, AI and me seem to drive different races - NEW - this is the only conclusion I come to as it seems the races of the opponent, the AI and myself are disconnected ... that explains the random crashes and the jumping etc.

- car set up - WORSENED - how can it be that choosing the set up with the 'best' braking makes the braking in the race worse? (that's just an example it also applies to all other set up aspects)

- Snappy steering - NEW - car doesn’t turn in to the corner in duels as it does in single races ... and when corrected it suddenly snaps to turns even more

- no DRS behind AI cars - NEW - I should get DRS when within 1 second of any other car, opponent or AI car, and this used to be the case but now I only seem to get DRS off the opponent.

obviously this is purely my observation (played on iPad Pro without assists, drivers view, hard difficulty) as before I'm sure my fellow racers might want to add some other thing.

@ChrisGrovesMCM I'm happy to help you test your beta versions.

happy racing 

• Thanks 1

Nice list @akajk88!

What's your SR?

I suspect a number of the items are connection speed/lag related,

A couple more, 

LThe game still launches automatically after download, wether you are ready or not.  So if not there, you loose that race and take an SR hit.

You do not get a chance to restore your settings before that first race.

20 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Nice list @akajk88!

What's your SR?

I suspect a number of the items are connection speed/lag related,

A couple more, 

LThe game still launches automatically after download, wether you are ready or not.  So if not there, you loose that race and take an SR hit.

You do not get a chance to restore your settings before that first race.

Thanks @StKnowhere.

my SR is fluctuating a lot (yesterday it ranged from 1.4 to 4.3) the drops are manly due to unfair penalties by opponents crashing into me and I get the penalty for it. I even have phases when the whole purpose of the race is the stay out of the way of the opponent to get the SR out of the red / low yellow zone. It's hard to build a rating up through many races but it only take two idiots to drop you right down. (I think single races should also be rated in the SR)

If some items are connections / lag related it's an issue on CODEMASTERS side and needs sorting (mine is 150MB/s up & down)