I can't play the game [R2]

Question

Hey.

I have tried to play the game since release and it has gotten progressively more and more unplayable until today I can't play the game at all.

I used to be able to play online for about 2-3 races before getting either EGO Dump or D3D Device has been removed try lowering settings bla bla bla. But if I even as much as tried to watch the podium ceremony at the end of the races even for 1 second my game would instantly crash, EVERY SINGLE TIME no matter what, if I tried to watch the podium ceremony it crashed, ALWAYS. No matter if online, or offline. So I sometimes survived by spamming continue instantly skipping the podium but this would only work for about half the time. But no matter what, under no occasion could I every play more than 2 or max 3 races before crashing in either the menus, setup load screen, or mid race, with no exceptions I always crashed after 2-3 races. So this is 100% completely unaccaptable for any company but come on, we are talking about the biggest cow milker codemasters here so I thought ok, atleast I can sometimes play the game. 

However, with the recent nvidia update things got even worse. Now I can't even play at all, I instantly crash without exception in ANY gamemode no matter what as soon as I get past the loading screen and I'm getting transfered to the in-car scene before the start, once I was lucky to make it through that scene and start a race just to crash 20 meters after the start. I can't play the game AT ALL now. What the ****?

So some info.

I get D3D error alot, saying I ran out of ram and **** on the GPU right, funny thing is I got a 1080ti with 11 gigs of ram. I wont be running out of ram in such a minor game as the f1 games, so thats not an option. But for the benefit of the doubt, I don't overclock my gpu, I run it 100% stock and I run the game at the absolute lowest settings possible even though I could run my game at max settings no problems, do you think this helped? No its still just as ****.

Some more info, I play DX11 because DX12 crashes even sooner, its completely hopeless I have tried multiple times without success, the only thing that somewhat "works" is DX11 but as you can see above we can hardly say DX11 is working either.

Before some of you codemaster people post the default answers I will be happy to report I have done all of those things, reinstalled f1 about 20 times no joke, clean reinstalled it (with iobit uninstaller) , I have verified f1 through steam about 20 times also, I have disabled every ui that could interact with the game (shadowplay, fps displaying programs, shadowplay and everything else)

I have tried to turn off the firewall and also add an exception, added -high to the steam launch settings also (I have tried with and without, makes no difference).

If this helps, I run an AMD Ryzen CPU with Nvidia GPU and I have my PC completely stock so no overclock can interfere. I do not understand whats wrong, I have tried every single normal fix you can think about + all the fixes the codemaster people have posted in response to all the people having problems. I have never ever had this many problems with the F1 games, codemasters you ****** up. The F1 games have always been complete and utter **** to play on the PC because of non stop crashes ever since F1 2016 I have had problems with all your games, AND ONLY your games. But I have never ever experienced it this bad.

I have also sent an email to the community codemasters email like what has been recommended to everyone else also, which I think is completely useless since they probably wont know whats wrong other then give you a useless default "try to do sfc /scannow" answer which by the way I have done without any problems...

Anyone got any tips, ideas or tricks that worked for you? I am not the only one with these problems.

Please any codemasters people, post an answer if you have something that works.

TL;DR: This game is completely unplayable on PC, anyone got any tips or something that worked for you?

3 answers to this question

You could try disabling fast start up in your PC power options.  In F1 2018 I had big problems with D3D error and that fixed it for me. 

Having said that I did 're enable fast start up to test for D3D error in the beta and never had a crash though since I last had a d3d crash myself I have upgraded my gpu to a RTX 2080 and updated my motherboards BIOS.

are all of your drivers up to date? a removed D3D Device is not the games fault

Hi @Nimao thank you for sending all the information you did in via email. I believe that the team have now responded to you on there. Thanks!