Sign in to follow this  

A.I. stupidity and cold or warm tires

A) I've got to complain about A.I. stupidity in following cases:

1. During my inlap in qualifying when i leave the racing line and slow down a little bit to let the A.I. pass, the A.I. refuses to pass me and the next one too and so on. In my last qualifying in Austin, the result was: 5 A.I.-drivers slowed down behind me and i don't believe no one was on his (or its) hotlap.

2. Monaco harbor shikane and Baku turn 3 the A.I. likes to divebomb and turn too early into the lefthander, hits the wall and bounces back onto the racing line into the player's car. And yes, i left enough space and other drivers too (Youtube: Tiametmarduk, Dave Gaming).

B) Cold/warm tires

At the start of the formation lap sometimes the temperature of the tires is 55 degrees Celsius and sometimes it's 85 degrees Celsius. Bug or feature ?

• Agree 2

1. ) I noticed it, too. I found out that driving above Pace Car Speed will solve this issue.

What about AI pace in wet conditions? Does Codemasters know that is clearly too slow?

12 hours ago, olee1969 said:

A) I've got to complain about A.I. stupidity in following cases:

1. During my inlap in qualifying when i leave the racing line and slow down a little bit to let the A.I. pass, the A.I. refuses to pass me and the next one too and so on. In my last qualifying in Austin, the result was: 5 A.I.-drivers slowed down behind me and i don't believe no one was on his (or its) hotlap.

2. Monaco harbor shikane and Baku turn 3 the A.I. likes to divebomb and turn too early into the lefthander, hits the wall and bounces back onto the racing line into the player's car. And yes, i left enough space and other drivers too (Youtube: Tiametmarduk, Dave Gaming).

B) Cold/warm tires

At the start of the formation lap sometimes the temperature of the tires is 55 degrees Celsius and sometimes it's 85 degrees Celsius. Bug or feature ?

To fix the cold tires you have to restart the formation lap...they’re aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

6 hours ago, frds2 said:

What about AI pace in wet conditions? Does Codemasters know that is clearly too slow?

Also slow ai pace in the wet is supposed to be patched in 1.05 I believe.  Check out the memo at the top of the page

7 hours ago, frds2 said:

AI performance has been improved in wet weather for both F1 and F2 vehicle classes

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ho3n3r said:

Well that's good news, I hope they won't stop with quick fixes. I remember that aero upgrades were unbalanced on F1 2018, giving you an insane amount of grip...is it still the case with the new game? I think they went too far with the upgrades system. Imho they should have left things as they were.

Edited by frds2

As far as tyres go I believe it could have something to do with upgrades especially on chassis side ive got samething I can see an upgrade in the chassis section for tyre temps if havent upgraded the tyre part in chassis then good chance thats your problem but if have upgraded the tyre blankets then could be bug . But very much doubt it as after all its the whole point of upgrades to inprove the car . So if havent already try upgrading chassis  . Career is all about upgrading your car