Sign in to follow this  

New features in career mode?

I've been wondering if the already-great career mode can get a few new features later on? 

1. Extended F2 - Allow players to start their careers in F2 2018, and work up from there. Maybe even allow players to do the 2019 season as well if they did not perform well in 2018? Make this a toggle option, where the player can choose to skip the feeder series, do the three scenarios, or to do the full F2 seasons.

2. Considering real drivers can now swap teams, can we maybe get a feature where you can step into the shoes of a real driver for career, like, for example, Max Verstappen. The player takes control of the driver, and their career.

These are just two things I had on my mind.

• Like 1

1. This will definitely be a new game if it is implemented. I hope this year provides a springboard to a full F2 and possibly even F3 integration for F1 2020.

2. I doubt that will happen as career mode is centered around the player and championship mode is for racing with real drivers. I sometimes pick a young driver from a lower category and race as them which kind of creates a better story in my head than if it’s always just me driving every year as that gets boring. Would be nice if we could choose our character to look like one of the F2 drivers as then we can do an F2 championship and carry it on into the career mode. Another improvement would be if we could have sponsors on helmets so a if you race for a Red Bull or Merc junior team you’d have their logo on your helmet for example. Just these little things that would help to improve the game and the immersion aspect.

It think it's a massive missed opportunity that an IMPORT CAREER option is not already implemented in the game. So many people like myself who grinded long careers in the last 2 games won't buy yet another game where we have to start again! If we can keep our stats and maybe a fraction of our hard earned career points I for own for definitely buy 2019 for a fun boost to the new season. Kind of rewards people for actually getting the game every year and if course more money for Codies! 

Obviously you can't carry your fully upgraded car over as they are all new but the following could happen for sure :

Driver name

Previous seasons result stats. 

1/4 or 1/2 of total career points banked and gifted to new game. People could choose to make Mercedes even more dominant or maybe launch a comeback for Williams. This would also mean us jaded players would not have to do any more soul destroying track acclimatization sessions. Yay! 

Reputation /sportsmanship/veteran status could be carried over 

Offers from teams could be influenced by how you were placed in the previous career. 

Option to drop to f2 for a season could be seen as a boosting of team morale as you help train your rookie team mate. 

Any other import ideas be welcome thanks @christiaanjor for this thread to inspire new ideas for career! 

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 10:55 PM, CHRISTIAANJOR said:

I've been wondering if the already-great career mode can get a few new features later on? 

1. Extended F2 - Allow players to start their careers in F2 2018, and work up from there. Maybe even allow players to do the 2019 season as well if they did not perform well in 2018? Make this a toggle option, where the player can choose to skip the feeder series, do the three scenarios, or to do the full F2 seasons.

2. Considering real drivers can now swap teams, can we maybe get a feature where you can step into the shoes of a real driver for career, like, for example, Max Verstappen. The player takes control of the driver, and their career.

These are just two things I had on my mind.

Extended F2 would be nice. More important would be implementing the driver transfers for the 2019 F2 drivers as well, which, given the problems with the system right now, I reckon should be implemented as soon as the 2019 F2 cars are added as well, without waiting for the next game

#2 is F1 2015 in a nutshell. People didn't like it very much for obvious reasons, but it did have something that none of the games have had since then: dynamic commentary, which adds a ton of immersion, especially for the 2014 mode. There are lines from Crofty and Ant for all the drivers over/underachieving, and even special ones for championship battles between specific drivers, like Hamilton vs Massa in the 2014 mode (with further extra lines if Massa defeats Hamilton). I'm pretty sure this will never return though, as not only would this be much more difficult to implement in a long career as opposed to a single season due to all the additional complications (driver transfers, teams going up and down on the performance chart etc), but the cost of having Crofty and Ant as voice actors would skyrocket if they tried to implement 2015's dynamic lines again.

Edited by Coffer