Sign in to follow this  

Random temporary DRS failure in equal online MP still exists

Did a 50% Spa tonight online in a non-ranked lobby with equal 2019 cars. I had DRS offline for multiple laps. Why is this still not fixed? Imagine how silly it would look if on E-sports finale one can't overtake for the lead because of silly random DRS fail. If footage is needed I can provide that (but it's the same thing as previous 3 years)

Is it actually a mechanical failure or a bug to not open DRS? Only asking as in Career its normal for it to fail at annoying times to either be fixed out in track by pit team or sometimes needing to pit to fix it. 

5 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Is it actually a mechanical failure or a bug to not open DRS? Only asking as in Career its normal for it to fail at annoying times to either be fixed out in track by pit team or sometimes needing to pit to fix it. 

Yes it is. I've had several in 2018. 

I liked it! We all whine about lack off failures and realism, now are they in a form of drs failure, even online, still isn't good enough apparently.

embrace that it exists, this time it's you, next time the guy behind you.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's a programmed mechanical failure. The one that Jeff tells you about (to stay out and they're gonna fix it remotely)

6 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Yes it is. I've had several in 2018. 

I liked it! We all whine about lack off failures and realism, now are they in a form of drs failure, even online, still isn't good enough apparently.

embrace that it exists, this time it's you, next time the guy behind you.

Online I'd want it as equal as possible, and I never asked for random ingame failures in online mode. It's frustrating for me if my result is lowered by that, and it's not as satisfying for me if someone else tells me he couldn't pass me because of DRS fail. Also in competitive gaming in general, there's no randomness, as far as I know. Gotta admit I don't know anything about competitive RPG games.

Unavoidable random fails online already exist in the form of unreliable Steam, unreliable internet, unreliable electricity, unreliable hardware, unreliable windows, and unfortunately at the moment the game isn't 100% reliable yet either. No need to purposely add to that with ingame features.

• Agree 1

I'd prefer they fix the setups changing between qualy and race sessions in multiplayer to be honest an random drs failures are a plus I'm my eyes could do with other random failures like irl all optional of course for the players not wanting that sort of thing just my opinion.

39 minutes ago, gtfclad82 said:

I'd prefer they fix the setups changing between qualy and race sessions in multiplayer to be honest an random drs failures are a plus I'm my eyes could do with other random failures like irl all optional of course for the players not wanting that sort of thing just my opinion.

I have identified the problem and updated the topic

• Like 1