Sign in to follow this  

Race highlights

I love the new race highlights feature and I watch these almost after every race. But am I the only one who is experiencing some really weird camera angels? Sometimes it cuts to a camera where the cars have already past and just films an empty track. Codies needs to patch this because it is a really nice touch to career mode. 

• Agree 4

It can happen. Highlight mode largely just uses the same camera angles you'd get when watching a replay, with a couple of extras added for close-ups and whatnot.

The bigger issue (and one that is much easier to fix) is that it thinks overtaking cars coming into the pits is worth a highlight, as if they are legit overtakes.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I think it would be nice to include highlights of your opponents. If they pull off some nice overtakes on each other etc. I would like to see it as well as my own moves. 

Edited by Mauler77
  • Like 1

Agree with all of the above, yet I still watch them if only for the super-slomo shots. It's when the game is at it's absolute peak, graphically.

I'd love to see at least all overtakes in the highlights, because I am actually pretty diapointed as highlights mostly doesn't show very interesting action or at least I know there were much more interesting moments and they are not included.

It is just "some moments" from the race, in most cases it it shows the begining of something good and the final great moment like my ala Lando overtake in Bahrain in 4th turn is cut out ... It feel so empty and sad to watch the replay of driving out of turn fast and getting closer to car in front and when the best should come .... a cut ... and nothing ...

When I remember the Grand Prix 2, during replay it featured a "TV cam", it was showing the most interesting action what was just happening. Like real TV. If somebody was overtaking or trying to overtake, it was on the screen. If some car crashed or had a technical problem, it was on the screen. etc. ... In 1996 the game already known what is important to see and was able to detect it, so I belive in 2019 the game should also be able to detect what is probably a moment worthy of remembering and should the moment include in highlight reel.

• Agree 2

When I remember the Grand Prix 2, during replay it featured a "TV cam", it was showing the most interesting action what was just happening. 

this was my favorite game, my first F1 game, I played it don`t know how many hours, but I cannot remember a Highlight feature?? TV Cam for sure I remember, but there was a highlight feature? Think I need to reinstall it 😄

On 7/12/2019 at 4:22 PM, svensenk86 said:

... but I cannot remember a Highlight feature ...

I am not sure if you are just playing with words, anyway I was comparing F1 2019's `highlights` feature with Grand Prix 2 TV camera / broadcast during replay, which was triggered by pressing `insert` if I remember correctly.

• Agree 1

Grand Prix 2 TV camera / broadcast

got you now, I thought you meant there was a highlight feature at GP2

all in all, the GP franchise was awesome 😉