Sign in to follow this  

DRS problem

Question

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with DRS, it shuts off randomly on the straights, sometimes after a second, sometimes after two, sometimes it goes without being turned off. I did not have this problem in F1 2018. It is not depend on the DRS failure, because it happens in every race. Actually, I have to drive with the "replay" turned on and back on the straight, on average once every 3 times I manage to drive the entire straight line with DRS.

Anyone else have this problem?

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Wiontero said:

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with DRS, it shuts off randomly on the straights, sometimes after a second, sometimes after two, sometimes it goes without being turned off. I did not have this problem in F1 2018. It is not depend on the DRS failure, because it happens in every race. Actually, I have to drive with the "replay" turned on and back on the straight, on average once every 3 times I manage to drive the entire straight line with DRS.

Anyone else have this problem?

Do you use a wheel? If you do, your brake might need some re-calibration. DRS deactivates when braking, and if the brake isn't calibrated correctly it might detect some brake pressure when there really is none. Can be fixed by recalibrating though the wheel/pedal set itself or by implementing a small deadzone in-game.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Do you use a wheel? If you do, your brake might need some re-calibration. DRS deactivates when braking, and if the brake isn't calibrated correctly it might detect some brake pressure when there really is none. Can be fixed by recalibrating though the wheel/pedal set itself or by implementing a small deadzone in-game.

Thanks, that may be a problem, because i'm using old DFGT and sometimes the brake pedal reacts as if it was in the 0-2% range of use. It not affects for racing, so I did not take care of it. I'll check and write whether it works.

21 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Thank You Andrew again, works perfectly.

If anyone have a problem with DRS look into settings and calibrate brake dead zone, even 1% brake use can affect DRS.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Wiontero said:

Thank You Andrew again, works perfectly.

If anyone have a problem with DRS look into settings and calibrate brake dead zone, even 1% brake use can affect DRS.

Good to hear it's fixed, have fun!