DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

DiRT 3 Complete Edition Patch 2-4-15

Hi all,

Glad to see so many of you are enjoying playing DiRT 3 again, there have been a few users which have experienced issues though and we’ve been working hard all day to get those fixed.

Game Won’t Start Bug

Turns out that this was an issue with an audio driver called OpenAL not installing correctly. We’ve just set a small patch live to fix this issue. Thank you to everybody who helped us get to the bottom of the problem.

I Can’t Redeem My GFWL Key

A small number of players who purchased GFWL CD Keys from resellers such as Direct2Drive and Get Games haven’t been able to redeem their keys. We’ve got to the bottom of this issue now and are working with Valve to get it fixed as quickly as we can. Big thank you to Valve and to you all for again helping us get to the bottom of the issue. I will post an update on the Steam Community Hub as soon as that fix is in place. 

UPDATE: Those with keys purchased digitally from vendors such as Direct2Drive/Gamefly, get games etc should now be able to redeem their keys. 

Players who purchased their game from the Games For Windows Live Marketplace have also reported issues, we’re working to get this fixed however I won’t have any more information on when these keys will become operational until next week.

My Wheel Full Locks to the Right.

A few users with Logitech wheels are reporting that their wheel goes into full lock when they start the game. We’re still looking into the issue but we need to make sure everybody is using the most up-to date drivers. Please download the latest drivers from here and let us know if you are still having the issue by following the instructions 

UPDATE: Thanks for the help with this so far, its become clear it's not just users with logitech wheels now - we are sorry about the problem and will get it looked at. It would be really helpful if we could get as much info about your systems/setups as possible, if you could please provide the info requested here in as much detail as possible it will help us get to the bottom of it.

Thanks a lot for your support and kind words over the last 24 hours; it’s been brilliant reading all your comments, reviews and checking out your screenshots in the community hub.

If you do happen to have any other problems with the game please take a read of the instructions for reporting a bug here 

I’ll be back as soon as I can with more info.

justbiglee

Not just a few users, all wheels are affected, not just Logitech, just thought you should know.

It really does seem odd that every single person with a FFB wheel is experiencing this, quite frankly game breaking bug, yet the many months of QA didn't pick up on this. (2 months ago it was apparently in QA)

I really thought that after a whole year of working on removing GFWL, a seemingly simple task for any other developer, that this would be the best, most polished goddamn patch for any game ever.

Apparently not. :/

It's not just Logitech wheels.
I've got the most recent drivers for my Fanatec wheel, when I use it in PC mode, and the problem is maybe even a little worse there, than when I fire it up in G25 (PS3) mode.
I posted this in the requested Steam thread as well.

Same issue with my Fanatec Turbo S

Got the latest drivers available for that wheel, same exact problem

как патч скачать ? игра в виндовс лайф зарегестрирована 

использовать свой код GfWL на пару, как описано здесь: http://steamcommunity.com/games/321040/announcements/detail/133195170799950347

у меня кода уже давно нету я его воопше не получал и вип кода я тоже 25 значного не получал

как получить вип код ? как получить 25 значный код ? что мне делать ? помогите пожалуйста !!!!!!!!!!

@dfyz Please can you post in English in the future. You can use many translation websites to translate your messages from Russian to English. This is an English speaking forum so we'd really appreciate that.

Funny thing I found with this earlier, it doesn't seem to pull to the right on snow? maybe a grip config issue? G25, FX8350, GTX580, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 990FX MB, Win 7, SSD's. It can't be system related due to the severity of it with differing wheels, must be a config problem?

Funny thing I found with this earlier, it doesn't seem to pull to the right on snow? maybe a grip config issue? G25, FX8350, GTX580, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 990FX MB, Win 7, SSD's. It can't be system related due to the severity of it with differing wheels, must be a config problem?
Just tested it, it still pulls to the right on snow, you just feel it a bit less because snow has lower grip

Yea the problem seems to be that the forces are reversed for the entire right side, so when turning left the forces are correct. Really weird problem, I hope they fix it quick, as it's unplayable until then. :(

Hughesy said:
Yea the problem seems to be that the forces are reversed for the entire right side, so when turning left the forces are correct. Really weird problem, I hope they fix it quick, as it's unplayable until then. :(
Wouldn't say unplayable, just unset ffb and increase centering on the wheel, takes a bit of getting used to but you can play, though the steering does feel a bit loose and wandery, just like a Cortina Mk1 steering box lol.

Hello codemasters!
Is there a way to transfer tracks from DiRT 2 into DiRT 3 ?
Сould you do this?
And include raid class in landrush?

Hughesy said:

I find EGO Editor and include Raid class into Landrush only in single race. :) 
May be someone need this too.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvtXHmcp-3La2dKOUN2MXZSRTA&authuser=0
rename "database" and past into game folder/database

Can you please let us know if the Extra data in hardware settings has been fixed to allow Telemetry data to be shown correctly in Dirt 3 Complete Edition?
I have enabled it as a test. The game doesn't freeze at the end of the run, as in the old Dirt 3, but I don't get any info to my telemetry systems.
Am I correct in saying that the settings is now in the Steam Folder of the game?
Thanks,