How do you shift the Evo X NR4/R4??

I cant find any definitive answers. Is it a dog box or do you use a clutch? Even found a video online of one with paddles.  😕

The one in the game uses a clutch.

A friend of mine has an EVO, not rally though, and it's manual with clutch as well.

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, Jacendb said:

The one in the game uses a clutch.

A friend of mine has an EVO, not rally though, and it's manual with clutch as well.

Thank you. Those are cool, you don't see many around.  I had an 07 STI and loved that car. No EVO now seems to have made Subaru feel there have been no real improvements in a decade. Pretty unfortunate. 

• Agree 1

At one point in a previous patch, it detailed to an H shifter manual car. Now it defaults back to sequential when you have all the options on in Settings for Sequential or Manual with Clutch.

Any other wheel users had this problem? I've yet to see any cars default to using a dog box when all the options are turned on. So, you have to go in and adjust everything for just that car by turning on Auto Clutch etc. 

Not a huge deal, but a pain when other most manual or sequential cars switch automatically. 

I looked at the replay using the in cabin camera and it is sequential. It's a shame as I liked that class being manual with clutch. 

Oh well, I still have fun with the Evo X 🙂

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, NateFink said:

I use H pattern with clutch for all cars even when it is slower and doesn't make sense.

I do for cars that have it, paddles for cars that have that, and Seq stick for those cars.

One patch had the NR4 Evo using the H shifter by default and it changed at some point. 

• Agree 1

My theory is that it changed because the Subaru used in the US rally championship might be sequential.

R4 class' cars use sequential transmission in real life so, so the in-game Evo and WRX are sequential