F1 2019 - using leaderboard setups

Hi all,

Is it safe to assume that if I use the setups of the leaderboard drivers as a benchmark, that I will learn better how to setup my car?

I don't think so. This year (much more than i remember in previous years) there seem to be quite a variety of setups towards the top of leaderboards, even some default setups.

This leads me to believe that the setups are working better this year e.g. there are less exploits like min camber & toe everywhere just being fastest. If this is the case it’s more about finding what works for you, than finding the “best” setup.

On Silverstone this past week, I used one of the predetermined setups and ended up modifying those.

It worked.

With so many of the leaders on the board driving with T-cam, I realised that their setups will definitely not suit my cockpit cam driving.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, JohanJvdW said:

On Silverstone this past week, I used one of the predetermined setups and ended up modifying those.

It worked.

With so many of the leaders on the board driving with T-cam, I realised that their setups will definitely not suit my cockpit cam driving.

I don't bother using any of the leaders set-ups as a bench-mark. They're fast on all the base set-ups. It's best to develop your own set-ups' There's a very small pool of us whom drive from the seat. 

On 7/15/2019 at 4:24 AM, kalamazoo123 said:

I don't think so. This year (much more than i remember in previous years) there seem to be quite a variety of setups towards the top of leaderboards, even some default setups.

This leads me to believe that the setups are working better this year e.g. there are less exploits like min camber & toe everywhere just being fastest. If this is the case it’s more about finding what works for you, than finding the “best” setup.

This is the first F1 I've had in years, but the prevalence of LB cars the least amount of toe, camber, and even roll bars goes against everything I know about tuning.  It makes zero sense to me.

It would be nice to see who uses a wheel or not, that may explain some of it if they are using a controller.

5 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

This is the first F1 I've had in years, but the prevalence of LB cars the least amount of toe, camber, and even roll bars goes against everything I know about tuning.  It makes zero sense to me.

It would be nice to see who uses a wheel or not, that may explain some of it if they are using a controller.

the problem is that the LB setups make zero sense, but they actually make you faster! pretty sad in my opinion...