Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT 2: GFWL to Steamworks?

Hello. It's great that DiRT 3 has been converted from GFWL to Steamworks.

Do you have plans to do the same conversion for DiRT 2?

(I believe DiRT 2 is better than DiRT 3 in many ways except for some parts of graphics.)

Thanks.

@Codemasters/justbiglee:
What cars or soundtrack caused you guys to stop selling DiRT 2 on Steam?

I still hope too, that you guys might re-release DiRT 2 on Steam without GFWL. If you have to remove 1-2 cars or the soundtrack, I would be fine to get it. You could maybe replace the cars with unlicensed similar cars?
MTonly said:
JackKey said:
DiRT 2 was removed from Steam a very long time ago. As far as I know due to licensing.
FWIW, the game is now indeed not available for purchase, but it's of course available to download and play for those purchased it before.
I know, I own a Steam-Copy of Dirt 2, too  - you always keep your games you paid for on steam, at least so far.
  • 2 weeks later...
MTonly said:
JackKey said:
DiRT 2 was removed from Steam a very long time ago. As far as I know due to licensing.
FWIW, the game is now indeed not available for purchase, but it's of course available to download and play for those purchased it before.
You can still purchase it from third party websites I think. I did that for not that long ago and added it to my steam.