Sign in to follow this  

Held in pit box after stop is complete - race ruined

Today in Baku race. I get a release when a Ferrari was there. He ghosted in me and then he was put behind me. Don't know if it is the update or just luck.

I’d say luck. Because I get held for unrealistic slow release several time post v1.05 update 

Oh by the way, this "problem" effect AI also, so it's not a bug, it's just the way the game is...If an AI car gets held in the pit are you going to complain? I doubt..In the end I think that all it matters is consistency, if this effected only the user, then it would be a problem, but it effects all the cars in the race, it can happen to everyone. So, I don't really see this as a problem. 

As others have said.It's part of strategy.Time it right and you can use it to your advantage.For instance,the car ahead has a lead of about 3 seconds.I plan on stopping after the next lap.The car ahead pits this lap so I follow him in a lap before I planned and when he is done with his stop I am too close and he must wait for me to pass before leaving his pit stall.This allows me to gain 2 seconds on the stop putting me close to or in DRS range.If the cars behind are within that 3 or so second window then don't pit if you can help it.Stay out until you have either built a gap big enough to make your stop without them interfering or if you can't increase the gap then wait for them to pit and pit on the next lap to insure a clean stop.Don't pit on a certain lap because that was the strategy you chose before the race started.You must also play crew chief and make changes to your plans on the fly because,in motorsports,things seldom go to plan.